The Ford Barn

The Ford Barn (https://www.fordbarn.com/forum/index.php)
-   Late V8 (1954+) (https://www.fordbarn.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   Parts For Sale Again (https://www.fordbarn.com/forum/showthread.php?t=273610)

packrat5 12-05-2019 10:04 AM

Parts For Sale Again

I haven't had much luck selling anything on this site, I'm going to try once more, then give it up. I have been collecting this stuff for many years, thinking it wasn't going to be around forever. I'm thinking now, why did I even care? The stuff has turned out to be a curse, as the storage fees have long ago exceeded what I will ever sell this stuff for. So one more time.

54vicky 12-05-2019 10:28 AM

Re: Parts For Sale Again

sorry to hear but that is common in the field of sales(or resales)do the words risk verses reward ring a bell?

JimNNN 12-05-2019 11:10 AM

Sorry you've had trouble selling the parts. I'm wondering if photos would help. I didn't see any on the parts forum, but I have trouble getting photos to work on this forum, too. Maybe you could link to another site if you have photos there.

The customized '53 would especially benefit from photos, as every customized car is different. Good luck.

dmsfrr 12-05-2019 12:12 PM

Some folks refuse to use ebay for their own reasons. The fees are quite annoying etc, etc.
I understand that...

But, you'll have a bigger audience there. Buyers are more comfortable with the payment/escrow/delivery/refund processes (not blindly sending money away to have it disappear) and if nothing else pictures are very easy to upload.

51504bat 12-05-2019 02:05 PM

I've had very good luck selling (and buying) on both the Barn and the HAMB. Are you trying to sell in one large lot or individually? Will you ship? How do you want payment? These are all factors (among others) in how well items will sell as well of course the price.

Daves55Sedan 12-05-2019 04:25 PM

I've got at least 150 cubit feet solid of old Ford parts stacked up in boxes. Been slowly selling off some for practically nothin for years.
I see a lot of good stuff in the barn swap meet for sale, but I don't need anything that has been posted. I think you can bump back to the top once every three days. Look at the posting rules to make sure.

shew01 12-06-2019 05:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by packrat5 (Post 1828402)
I haven't had much luck selling anything on this site, I'm going to try once more, then give it up. I have been collecting this stuff for many years, thinking it wasn't going to be around forever. I'm thinking now, why did I even care? The stuff has turned out to be a curse, as the storage fees have long ago exceeded what I will ever sell this stuff for. So one more time.

Hat do you have for sale?

shew01 12-06-2019 05:17 AM

I’m looking for a bell housing and a carburetor.

steve fritz 12-06-2019 06:18 AM

I just sent you a private message through this system.
Steve Fritz

shew01 12-06-2019 06:45 AM

Steve, I don't see the private message. Maybe it takes a while to show up?

Hot Rod Reverend 12-06-2019 08:20 AM

packrat, sent you a pm on your T85 you have listed...

shew01 12-06-2019 08:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by shew01 (Post 1828695)
Steve, I don't see the private message. Maybe it takes a while to show up?

Duh! It just dawned on me. You didn't send me the PM. Sorry--I'm a little slow today. :-(

delco1946 12-10-2019 03:18 PM

I don't see a posting in the parts section related to a bunch of parts? am I just missing it?

dmsfrr 12-10-2019 03:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by delco1946 (Post 1830245)
I don't see a posting in the parts section related to a bunch of parts? am I just missing it?

delco1946
Click on a persons 'name' at the far top left of one of their comments or posts and a menu box opens, one of the options is "Find more posts by ..." clicking it will give you a list of all their posts.
In this case, the first several being his parts for sale.

delco1946 12-11-2019 06:09 PM

thanks, i never knew this!

reddog565 12-12-2019 10:45 AM

It's very difficult to sell on this site, trust me I know it took me a long time to sell my carburetors. And I sold them to another site.I guess it all gets down to, if someone really needs that part they're going to buy it. So best of luck!!!!

barnstuf 12-17-2019 12:22 PM

In my experience selling on this site is satisfactory but not top notch. What I do want to mention is that two weeks or less before and after Christmas is a poor time to sell on any site. It is Christmas present time now, and after Christmas it is bill paying time.

KULTULZ 12-17-2019 12:57 PM

I don't see the listing/post.

Can someone take me by the hand and guide me?

Daves55Sedan 12-17-2019 07:31 PM

I am always looking at both the parts wanted and parts for sale sections of the swap meet.
I have seen several of his listings in a row in there. No pictures though. Need to add photos. Easy to do. Done it lots of times. Even sold a few things in there.

packrat5 12-18-2019 01:50 PM

It would be difficult if not impossible to list 5 storage buildings full of stuff, my 2 car garage, and my entire basement as individual parts. I want to sell the most notable, and hopefully desirable, and just scrap the rest. I have already hauled away several trailer loads of y-block and fifties parts. I HAVE to get rid of all of it, including the cars.
Like I said it's more of a curse than anything. Swap meet? you need a truck, and a trailer to haul this stuff. You will also need a tent as well. A weekend sale could easily cost you $500 to set up and sell. E-pay? Give them 30% off the top, sell it for their recommended price, their recommended shipping, give a percentage to paypal, package it up, haul it to a shipper, and then have the guy lodge a bogus complaint, and the money gets pulled from your account and the guy gets the part, and his money back. Think it doesn't happen? Think again. What gets me the most is, all of this stuff is either new or primo. I didn't save any junk (like most of the swap meet stuff) I can't believe no one wants any of it. And it's not a matter of wrong timing. When I wanted to buy something, I always found a way to get it. There is always a way to scrounge up a few bucks, or cut a deal with the seller. Pictures? I don't have a cell phone, I do have a digital camera, but I can't figure out a way to get photos on this site. If someone wants photos I can easily send them e-mail. Just posting pictures for everyone's entertainment is not my idea of fun, or time well spent. If you are interested, and know what you want what, good are pictures anyway. Photos have a way of being deceptive. Nuff said, for now