The Ford Barn

The Ford Barn (https://www.fordbarn.com/forum/index.php)
-   Early V8 (1932-53) (https://www.fordbarn.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   Paul Bradley Response (https://www.fordbarn.com/forum/showthread.php?t=284525)

philipswanson 07-24-2020 07:57 PM

Paul Bradley Response

Anybody ordering and receiving a floorboard lately? Can't get him to answer the phone.

ford38v8 07-24-2020 07:59 PM

Re: Paul Bradley Response

Philip, your horse is dead.

V8COOPMAN 07-24-2020 09:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ford38v8 (Post 1912709)
Philip, your horse is dead.

And he probably won't get better! DD

SORRY about my insensitivity, Kube. And I'm REALLY sorry to hear about losing your long-time friend.

cas3 07-24-2020 10:39 PM

Lol !!!!

Kube 07-25-2020 08:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by V8COOPMAN (Post 1912732)

https://www.bing.com/th/id/OGC.45f11...Co6jqmKPQQQ%3d

Some of us find this in poor taste. I just buried one two weeks ago that I'd cared for the past twenty years.

J Franklin 07-25-2020 11:34 AM

Beating a DEAD horse has been a saying longer than we have been alive.

Kube 07-25-2020 12:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by J Franklin (Post 1912888)
Beating a DEAD horse has been a saying longer than we have been alive.

So, just how is your wife and my kids?

That one has been around a long time too.

ford38v8 07-25-2020 12:56 PM

OK everyone, from now on, any reference to horses are off limits. We must be very, very careful what we say nowadays. :rolleyes:

cas3 07-25-2020 01:02 PM

i was gonna call you a horses ass for saying such a thing, but now i wont

Zeke3 07-25-2020 01:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kube (Post 1912832)
Some of us find this in poor taste. I just buried one two weeks ago that I'd cared for the past twenty years.

Kube, sorry for your loss.

Kube 07-25-2020 02:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zeke3 (Post 1912928)
Kube, sorry for your loss.

Thanks. Much obliged.

Kube 07-25-2020 05:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by V8COOPMAN (Post 1912732)

SORRY about my insensitivity, Kube. And I'm REALLY sorry to hear about losing your long-time friend.

Coopman, YOU have my full respect and have had it for years. No apology necessary - none at all.
How would you have possibly known about the recent loss?
We're good... at least I hope so....

Mart 07-25-2020 05:46 PM

The phrase "flogging a dead horse" is in common use and I would think on it's own wouldn't be taken as offensive, but I had to agree, I didn't like seeing an animation of the action being carried out. (No matter how cartoonish). Like lots of phrases it stems from much harsher times.

Mart.

Bored&Stroked 07-25-2020 05:59 PM

Maybe we're all just a bit sensitive these days? Seems that almost anything can offend somebody - not even what once was "politically correct" stands a chance of passing muster on our new world's "sensitivity stage".

I'd hate to be a comedian these days - as so much of what we used to call "humor" or "jokes" are directed at somebody, some situation or some group. In fact I've frequently heard the SAME joke said by two groups -- used to make fun of the other . . . with the "subject of the punch line" turned around. What used to be funny is no longer funny - it is offensive by today's standards.

My perspective is a bit like Eleanor Roosevelt's -- who famously said that "Nobody can make you feel inferior without your consent".

My version is: "Nobody can offend you without your consent". Unless your a close friend and/or somebody whose opinion I greatly respect - pretty dang hard for me to take offense to something you say or do. If I do, then it is on ME - as I chose to respond and somehow allow my self to become "offended".

Funny times we live in . . .

KiWinUS 07-25-2020 07:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bored&Stroked (Post 1913007)
Maybe we're all just a bit sensitive these days? Seems that almost anything can offend somebody - not even what once was "politically correct" stands a chance of passing muster on our new world's "sensitivity stage".

I'd hate to be a comedian these days - as so much of what we used to call "humor" or "jokes" are directed at somebody, some situation or some group. In fact I've frequently heard the SAME joke said by two groups -- used to make fun of the other . . . with the "subject of the punch line" turned around. What used to be funny is no longer funny - it is offensive by today's standards.

My perspective is a bit like Eleanor Roosevelt's -- who famously said that "Nobody can make you feel inferior without your consent".

My version is: "Nobody can offend you without your consent". Unless your a close friend and/or somebody whose opinion I greatly respect - pretty dang hard for me to take offense to something you say or do. If I do, then it is on ME - as I chose to respond and somehow allow my self to become "offended".

Right on Dale. I grew up with a rough crowd & the world we are living in today with all these “sensitive feelings “ is difficult for sure.

petehoovie 07-25-2020 07:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KiWinUS (Post 1913031)
Right on Dale. I grew up with a rough crowd & the world we are living in today with all these “sensitive feelings “ is difficult for sure.

Snowflakes....

Newc 07-25-2020 07:14 PM

Even "Winnie the Poo" has meaning today. newc

51504bat 07-25-2020 07:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bored&Stroked (Post 1913007)

I agree completely. I had a signature line on another site that said:
There is no I in team but there are 3 U's in shut the f*ck up.
Someone got their panties in a wad about it so I deleted it. No signature anymore. Don't want to offend anyone. Yes, Funny times we live in.

T Scott 07-25-2020 07:31 PM

Wow! talk about topic drift. has anyone got an answer for Philip?

Kube 07-25-2020 07:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by philipswanson (Post 1912708)
Anybody ordering and receiving a floorboard lately? Can't get him to answer the phone.

Don't waste any more time attempting to reach him. Even if by some rare chance you did talk with him, the likelihood of ever getting the pans you desire is near zero.