The Ford Barn

The Ford Barn (https://www.fordbarn.com/forum/index.php)
-   Early V8 (1932-53) (https://www.fordbarn.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   Pre bent brake line kit (https://www.fordbarn.com/forum/showthread.php?t=294206)

bbrocksr 02-07-2021 07:36 PM

Pre bent brake line kit

I'm getting ready to order a brake line kit for my 36 pickup. Who makes the best one and do they really fit?
Thanks, Bill

Kube 02-07-2021 08:22 PM

Re: Pre bent brake line kit

Quote:

Originally Posted by bbrocksr (Post 1982947)
I'm getting ready to order a brake line kit for my 36 pickup. Who makes the best one and do they really fit?
Thanks, Bill

My one and only attempt to save some time and buy a pre-bent kit was for a '39 - '40 Ford passenger car. Got the kit from C&G.
I can tell you this... it was pre-bent as advertised. My guess is that it was pre-bent for a '65 Buick 'cause it was no where close to a '39 - '40 ford.
A total & complete waste of money. In other words : junk.

bbrocksr 02-07-2021 08:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kube (Post 1982966)
My one and only attempt to save some time and buy a pre-bent kit was for a '39 - '40 Ford passenger car. Got the kit from C&G.
I can tell you this... it was pre-bent as advertised. My guess is that it was pre-bent for a '65 Buick 'cause it was no where close to a '39 - '40 ford.
A total & complete waste of money. In other words : junk.

Thanks Kube, I was afraid of that.

johndee138 02-07-2021 09:03 PM

The Early V8 Garage kit I bought for my 36 coupe was just shy of perfect. It was way better than I would have done myself with rock shields, proper clamps included, etc.
Not the cheapest but well worth the $$. If I had to do another, I would prolly go the same way.

john greco 02-07-2021 09:54 PM

Yep , I have used at least 8 sets of early v8 garage Richard lacy lines and there the cats meow , there built for his design master though , he’s the best

bmwillia 02-08-2021 11:33 AM

Another vote for Richard and Dennis Lacy at Early V8 Garage.

I did my 33 coupe in May and the bends are perfect. The kit uses all factory holes and looks like it came from the factory with Juice brakes. Great kit.

flathead48 02-08-2021 12:44 PM

I purchased a pre bent SS set for my 48 from classic tube in Lancaster, ny (Buffalo) I was very pleased with the fit, I was glad because I think they would be a bear to bend.

1936 ford pickup 02-08-2021 02:10 PM

Hello bbrocksr....I also add my vote to Richard and Dennis Lacy at Early V8 Garage.
I have a '36 Ford pickup and their pre-bent Brake Lines all fit perfectly. I just needed to tell them what Wheel Cylinders I was using and also showed them where my battery was located (in original position under wood floorboard).
I also purchased their Emergency Brake Kit, worked PERFECT....

Bruce in California

bbrocksr 02-08-2021 04:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 1936 ford pickup (Post 1983198)
Hello bbrocksr....I also add my vote to Richard and Dennis Lacy at Early V8 Garage.
I have a '36 Ford pickup and their pre-bent Brake Lines all fit perfectly. I just needed to tell them what Wheel Cylinders I was using and also showed them where my battery was located (in original position under wood floorboard).
I also purchased their Emergency Brake Kit, worked PERFECT....

Bruce in California

Thanks for all the replies, I called Richard Lacey and had a very informative conversation with him. He is a really nice guy, answered all my questions.

Bill

uncle buck 02-08-2021 08:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bbrocksr (Post 1983276)
Thanks for all the replies, I called Richard Lacey and had a very informative conversation with him. He is a really nice guy, answered all my questions.

Bill

He and Dennis are genuine nice guys and put a lot of thought into creating a great kit. Everything they make is preassembled on an original chassis. Remember, your truck had mechanical brakes from the factory so everything had to be made from scratch by them.

JM 35 Sedan 02-09-2021 06:54 AM

Another vote for Richard Lacy and the Early V-8 Garage in CA. I don't know where C&G gets their preformed lines from, but it must not be the Early V-8 Garage.
I bought Richard Lacy's complete conversion kit for one of my '35 sedans, including all the bracketry to mount the master cylinder and allow use of the original '35 brake/clutch pedal assembly. This was a huge advantage for me to not have to remove the stock brake pedal assembly and replace it with a '39 assembly. Everything in the EV8G kit bolted up and worked perfectly for me.