The Ford Barn

The Ford Barn (https://www.fordbarn.com/forum/index.php)
-   Model A (1928-31) (https://www.fordbarn.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   B heads starting to... (https://www.fordbarn.com/forum/showthread.php?t=280471)

Tod 05-03-2020 04:21 PM

B heads starting to...

3 Attachment(s)
...make their way to usefulness. These pics are from a customer that is about ready to install it.

I have one left from the first run of castings.

Tod

dennis lumbert 05-03-2020 07:55 PM

Re: B heads starting to...

Very,very nice!!!

History 05-05-2020 07:28 AM

Looks great Tod. Pardon my ignorance as I'm sure it's obvious to most of you, how has casting improved since these were originally made? Is yours better than an original because of advances made in casting or are you just filling a need no longer being met? Just trying to learn as I have no idea other than it looks great but I hope he knows his spark plugs look bad. :p

noyo55 05-08-2020 03:31 PM

I recieved mine about a week ago. Shipping was fairly quick and it's a beautiful piece of work---impressive. As soon as I get a spare cam reground I'll tear down and reassemble and post pictures from the project.

Tod 05-09-2020 12:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by noyo55 (Post 1885125)
I recieved mine about a week ago. Shipping was fairly quick and it's a beautiful piece of work---impressive. As soon as I get a spare cam reground I'll tear down and reassemble and post pictures from the project.

I look forward to the progress reports.

Tod

Tod 05-09-2020 12:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by History (Post 1883705)
Looks great Tod. Pardon my ignorance as I'm sure it's obvious to most of you, how has casting improved since these were originally made? Is yours better than an original because of advances made in casting or are you just filling a need no longer being met? Just trying to learn as I have no idea other than it looks great but I hope he knows his spark plugs look bad. :p

Casting process is pretty much the same except for a few minor improvements. My B head has a completely different chamber than the original, which, unless I have been misinformed, is the only high compression B head available. I am not aware of any crow's foot chambered, 7:1 B head, until now.

Tod

rotorwrench 05-10-2020 09:13 AM

The casting iron formulas are likely an improvement to some degree but it depends on what the part is used for.

History 05-10-2020 10:17 AM

Thanks for the information, I wish you great success with your casting. It looks like a new penny. ;)

Tod 05-10-2020 06:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by History (Post 1885882)
Thanks for the information, I wish you great success with your casting. It looks like a new penny. ;)

You're welcome. The first batch sold out quickly. The last one is on its way to New Zealand.

Tod