The Ford Barn

The Ford Barn (https://www.fordbarn.com/forum/index.php)
-   Model A (1928-31) (https://www.fordbarn.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Newbie on Board near Portland, OR (https://www.fordbarn.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1299)

PDXCougfan 05-12-2010 10:59 AM

Newbie on Board near Portland, OR

4 Attachment(s)
Hi All,

I was looking for some forums to lurk, post and gain some knowledge from and this one seems pretty active.

We just took in a 28 roadster pickup that needed a good home. The car was bought new by my wife's great great grandma and has been in the family every since. It was originally in the Bitterroot Valley in MT, and we just transported it home to Oregon. What we know is that its a early production model A and one of the first in MT, and has the original engine. It was restored a few years ago, but has been sitting unprotected in a barn. The paint was scratched due to cats on the horizontal surfaces, and im trying to get that all buffed out. Most likely it will need paint and some minor body work at some point, but for now we are enjoying it.

Im trying to get it cleaned up and ready to take to some shows in a few weeks. The battery is toast and wont hold a charge, so that is going to be replaced. Other than that, everything else is in great working order.

Rgds,
Rob

Tom Wesenberg 05-12-2010 11:13 AM

Re: Newbie on Board near Portland, OR

Very nice looking truck, and the blackwall tires sure add to the good looks! I see someone replaced the origianl fluted headlight lens with the "TWOLITE" style, which came out in early 1929. If you look on the left lower front side (firewall side) of the gas tank you should see a date. Also the engine number will help to date the truck. It looks like someone replaced the original short choke rod with teardrop handle with the later style long choke rod. The original style can be found at swap meets, or call Bert's in Denver 800-321-1931. There is a good chance they would have the correct choke rod for you. I don't think I'd worry about the paint. It's such a nice truck, you'll have lots of fun driving and showing the pickup as is.

shooter54 05-12-2010 11:25 AM

welcome from portland! that is one gorgeous truck. i hope to being seeing it around. car show season is coming up very quickly.

Dennis Pereira 05-12-2010 03:23 PM

Nice Truck.

Farrell In Vancouver 05-12-2010 03:29 PM

Vey nice truck and I would let her be.......fix what you must but above all drive it as much as possible, they like that.
Congrats on the new truck!

RudyOnWheels 05-12-2010 05:57 PM

Congratulations on getting a beautiful truck!! The fact it has family history alone makes it a keeper. I wouldnt worry about little scratches.... Just drive and enjoy it... I just like seeing the expressions on people's faces.....

James

Fred K-OR 05-12-2010 10:26 PM

Welcome Rob,

Hope to see you around with a club or on the road.