The Ford Barn

The Ford Barn (https://www.fordbarn.com/forum/index.php)
-   Early V8 (1932-53) (https://www.fordbarn.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   Winterleaf Brown (https://www.fordbarn.com/forum/showthread.php?t=272257)

Ian1932 11-06-2019 02:19 PM

Winterleaf Brown

7 Attachment(s)
Is there a color more beautiful than this? With Tacoma Cream wheels...Im sure a lot dont like it but it looks so nice in the sun...

rockfla 11-06-2019 02:46 PM

Re: Winterleaf Brown

I agree as long as there are NO whitewall tires involved!!!

19Fordy 11-06-2019 03:07 PM

Looks nice as a highlight or pin stripe color. I would have to be convinced it would look good on an entire car body color. But, to each his own.

deuce_roadster 11-06-2019 03:55 PM

All the metal brackets and some metal pieces inside my 40 Woodie body are Winterleaf Brown and it is nothing like what you show there. Maybe there are 2 different colors with the same name.

Kube 11-06-2019 04:12 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Although photographs are not always very good at actual depiction, yours appears much like that in the '39 wagon I'd restored.
Nice on bracketry within the wagon.
On a body? Yech. Just my .02¢

Ian1932 11-06-2019 04:44 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Kube (Post 1818430)
Although photographs are not always very good at actual depiction, yours appears much like that in the '39 wagon I'd restored.
Nice on bracketry within the wagon.
On a body? Yech. Just my .02¢

This is a more accurate color picture that really looks like it does in real life...However, every picture i take looks different than the next,lol...

deuce_roadster 11-06-2019 06:50 PM

The pictures I saw looked yellow an were on what looked like the front and rear of a 32 frame rail. The dark color in the picture next to the wheel, (firewall) looks like the color on the brackets inside of my 40 wagon. To each his own, your car your colors. My 32 firewalls I painted black. I am pretty sure the brown is the same as a 39 and probably back to 32 wagons.

Ian1932 11-06-2019 06:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by deuce_roadster (Post 1818503)
The pictures I saw looked yellow an were on what looked like the front and rear of a 32 frame rail. The dark color in the picture next to the wheel, (firewall) looks like the color on the brackets inside of my 40 wagon. To each his own, your car your colors. My 32 firewalls I painted black. I am pretty sure the brown is the same as a 39 and probably back to 32 wagons.

All the pictures are the same paint. I send a sample to David G. and he did verify it is a match...This car im building now isnt going to be a 100% accurate restore..it is a 32 frame...

DavidG 11-06-2019 08:40 PM

4 Attachment(s)
Ian,

I like the two winderleaf brown colors, light and dark, but with respect, within the limits of how the light version was used originally, namely in concert with winterleaf brown dark for the body moldings and everything else black. Two of my projects are in the winterleaf combinations and likely my cabriolet project will end up with that color combination as well. My station wagon cowl, etc. are that color as were all '32 station wagons originally. Whether or not the color was used on later station wagon components is probably debatable given that emporer brown replaced winterleaf brown as a '32 color offering in September, 1932 and carried over to the '33 model in North American production. Its three versions (light, medium, and dark) also are handsomely subtle colors, in my opinion.

rockfla 11-07-2019 07:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DavidG (Post 1818559)
Ian,

I like the two winderleaf brown colors, light and dark, but with respect, within the limits of how the light version was used originally, namely in concert with winterleaf brown dark for the body moldings and everything else black. Two of my projects are in the winterleaf combinations and likely my cabriolet project will end up with that color combination as well. My station wagon cowl, etc. are that color as were all '32 station wagons originally. Whether or not the color was used on later station wagon components is probably debatable given that emporer brown replaced winterleaf brown as a '32 color offering in September, 1932 and carried over to the '33 model in North American production. Its three versions (light, medium, and dark) also are handsomely subtle colors, in my opinion.

David
Once again, thank you for sharing. Your pictures of your cars/restorations are just fabulous!!! What beautiful work......and you Kube and a few others, have given me a goal and benchmark to shoot for in my new shop and endeavors that I hope I can get near the finish you guy's do. Thanks again for keeping all of US in the "know"

Ian1932 11-07-2019 08:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rockfla (Post 1818669)
David
Once again, thank you for sharing. Your pictures of your cars/restorations are just fabulous!!! What beautiful work......and you Kube and a few others, have given me a goal and benchmark to shoot for in my new shop and endeavors that I hope I can get near the finish you guy's do. Thanks again for keeping all of US in the "know"

Fabulous indeed!