The Ford Barn

The Ford Barn (https://www.fordbarn.com/forum/index.php)
-   Model A (1928-31) (https://www.fordbarn.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   29 open cab pickup side mirror (https://www.fordbarn.com/forum/showthread.php?t=251482)

hb32 09-16-2018 10:40 AM

29 open cab pickup side mirror

Searching but no luck for a pic of the original mirror. Presently have a shiny stainless repop that screws into one of the windshield stanchion screw holes that I don’t particularly like. Can someone post a pic or point me in the right direction ?
Thanks.

Bob C 09-16-2018 11:23 AM

Re: 29 open cab pickup side mirror

I don't know about Canadian OC but US built did not have a side mirror.

Bob

hb32 09-16-2018 11:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bob C (Post 1675574)
I don't know about Canadian OC but US built did not have a side mirror.

Bob

Well that explains my problem in finding a pic. Pickup came from the US originally as well.

Mad Mac 09-16-2018 03:35 PM

I recently bought a re-pop mirror from Snyders or Brattons (can't remember which) that screws into the upper stanchion screw hole on my '29 OCPU. But I found that the stalk was so short that rear vision was obscured by the canvas top. Then when I made a longer stalk I found that the mirror ball did not rotate enough for me to see behind. The next step is to lengthen the short stalk so the ball can rotate at a greater angle. It was disappointing to have to do all that to something supposedly able to be used "off the shelf".

Lawrie 09-16-2018 03:57 PM

I made two up for my 28 pickup.
I used the snyders mirror head and made my own stalk.
let me know if you want a pick
Lawrie

30 Closed Cab PU 09-16-2018 04:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hb32 (Post 1675558)
Searching but no luck for a pic of the original mirror. Presently have a shiny stainless repop that screws into one of the windshield stanchion screw holes that I don’t particularly like. Can someone post a pic or point me in the right direction ?
Thanks.

My 30 has a black mirror, as long has been in my family. Was told that black door hinge style was as original, along with black headlights, cowl band, and radiator shell, no rear bumper. Do not know if all this is true. I believe some of the vendors parts lists , list the black hinge mount mirror as being for pickups.

30 Closed Cab PU 09-16-2018 04:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 30 Closed Cab PU (Post 1675648)
My 30 has a black mirror, as long has been in my family. Was told that black door hinge style was as original, along with black headlights, cowl band, and radiator shell, no rear bumper. Do not know if all this is true. I believe some of the vendors parts lists , list the black hinge mount mirror as being for pickups.

Sorry, did not notice 1st post you have open cab.