The Ford Barn

The Ford Barn (https://www.fordbarn.com/forum/index.php)
-   Model A (1928-31) (https://www.fordbarn.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Off to the Nugget (https://www.fordbarn.com/forum/showthread.php?t=246527)

daveymc29 06-22-2018 07:40 AM

Off to the Nugget

Here's the ace organizer and his co-pilot off to the Nugget. Leaving Livermore about 7:30 AM. Remember the Pizza Plus at 519 Prater, 6:30 to 8:30 PM Monday night. 519 Prater at the Iron Horse Shopping Center. Repair facility at anytime we are open and you have the time, drop by and say hello.

BILL WILLIAMSON 06-22-2018 07:53 AM

Re: Off to the Nugget

Quote:

Originally Posted by daveymc29 (Post 1642850)
Here's the ace organizer and his co-pilot off to the Nugget. Leaving Livermore about 7:30 AM. Remember the Pizza Plus at 519 Prater, 6:30 to 8:30 PM Monday night. 519 Prater at the Iron Horse Shopping Center. Repair facility at anytime we are open and you have the time, drop by and say hello.

Ace Supporter & Dog, here. Drive SAFELY, on the FLOOR, but SAFELY!!
Bill W. & Buster T.

P.S. 06-23-2018 08:27 AM

Hey Dave.

Our group made it in yesterday and it was the tour from hell. We stopped 5 times for two guys in our group who kept boiling over (no, I was not one of them!) and an out of control pickup towing a camping trailer who lost it on 88 coming toward us and was all over the road. He rolled it sliding and skidding from shoulder to shoulder between all the Model A's and somehow did not hit any of us. He rolled it 3 times. It was super scary. By the time we got in, we all decided to skip any tours until we leave next Saturday. We are all "toured out"!!

One of the guys who kept boiling over is going to see you at the repair overpass. Is a green 28/29 coupe. I might mosey over and see what you're up to later. I have to help get hospitality set up today first.

Synchro909 06-23-2018 08:44 AM

I expect this rally will be like every other one I’ve been on. Most of the car troubles will be on the first day or two as poorly prepared cars “fail to proceed”.
We will arrive today and I’ll also mosey over to the repair tent if I can find it. None of the pre rally info gave a map showing the layout of things so I’m hoping the people at registration will have one (if I can find that).
Looking forward to a good week meeting and talking with other Model A people.

BILL WILLIAMSON 06-23-2018 11:51 AM

Saw a Guy flip a trailer on Route 66, in the middle of the Mojave Desert. The trailer was a PERFECT, UPSIDE DOWN FLATBED! There was 2 X 2 STICKS/ALUJIMUM SIDING/INSULATION/CLOTHES/CAMPING GEAR/GROCERIES AND ANYTHING YOU COULD THINK ABOUT, scattered ALL over the Desert!!!---HOW??? did they ever deal, with ALL that MESS???---Jist call AAA, ????
Bill Gladitwuzn'tus

P.S. 06-25-2018 09:18 AM

Well, Dave... Now, it can honestly be said that I have held you in my arms... How's that shoulder feeling?