The Ford Barn

The Ford Barn (https://www.fordbarn.com/forum/index.php)
-   Model A (1928-31) (https://www.fordbarn.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   The value of this forum (https://www.fordbarn.com/forum/showthread.php?t=198558)

art ebeling 06-17-2016 06:00 AM

The value of this forum

I recently posted a driveshaft question on a old Chevy truck forum and have gotten wrong very little and mostly incorrect information in response. It has really made me appreciate the Ford Barn and the wide range of good information I have received here on several subjects. Thanks again. Art

Special Coupe Frank 06-17-2016 06:38 AM

Re: The value of this forum

Art,

I heartily agree about the value and activeness of this Forum - lots of knowledgeable and helpful folks here !

As for old Chevy trucks, I've found that the Stovebolt Page and its Forum to be about the best out there, at least it used to be.

I grew-up with Advance Design Chevy trucks, and am familiar with the '35-'47, and '55-'66 as well... if you want to PM me with your driveshaft question, perhaps I can be of help ?

Thanks,

Frank

C26Pinelake 06-17-2016 08:16 AM

In most cases you are correct. Unfortunately on the occasional technical question there have been totally opposite answers. You get to know the experts and the self professed experts! Wayne

BILL WILLIAMSON 06-17-2016 09:39 AM

I "thought" I knew lots about Model A's, BUT I have lurned far more here, than I've contributed!!!
Bill W.

Jim Brierley 06-17-2016 09:57 AM

This is a great forum! Like most of them however, you have to occasionally weed out answers from people that know things can't be done even tho they have never tried to do them. Still by far my favorite site!

Utopia Texas 06-17-2016 10:45 AM

I did a frame off restoration on my 1931 Slant Windshield 4 Door Sedan in 1988 before the internet with one book checked out from the library and one parts catalog. Believe me.....I really appreciate the forum!!!!!!!

old28 06-17-2016 12:22 PM

I agree with all the above. I am new to this A & B stuff and the information I have received from members on this site has been first rate.

Floats 06-17-2016 03:26 PM

Hi Art,
The guys on the VCCA.org forum are knowledgable and have given me good advice on my Chevy.

Terry, NJ 06-17-2016 04:54 PM

In 2009, I bought my first Mod. A. We had two AAs on the farm so I wasn't completely ignorant of them. But there was a lot I didn't know, a helluva lot! I had done a 52 8N tractor and some other stuff. I had owned a couple of 1940s ford products (FH V8s) and that helped a little. The car I bought at auction in 2009 was a basket case of a 1930 Town Sedan and I should have parted it out, But No! I'm stubborn and I decided that I would restore it. Well here I am 7 years later, The Chassis is pretty much done. the body is almost there, New engine from Schwalms. Had I known what I know now. But the detail work is driving me crazy. Iv'e got the seat springs done except for the rear backrests. And it has to be wired. The wood is almost done, Just the rear seat backs. I can't find a pattern. But I've always been able to post a question and get an answer .
Terry

iverson 06-17-2016 07:03 PM

I am real new here and have not even figured it out yet! but I have to say its been very helpful

Mike V. Florida 06-18-2016 12:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BILL WILLIAMSON (Post 1310132)
I "thought" I knew lots about Model A's, BUT I have lurned far more here, than I've contributed!!!
Bill W.

Ditto, it is a rare day that I don't get new info or method to do things.

mshmodela 06-18-2016 07:20 AM

Value = PRICESLESS!!!

al's28/33 06-18-2016 07:25 AM

YES YES YES....this site and the members who contribute their knowledge and share helping hints are vital to the life of our hobby. I myself have been given advice on several issues beyond measure, thank you all.

rob63mess 06-18-2016 03:17 PM

Without the help of guys like Tom , Bill, Brent and countless others I would be lost.

C26Pinelake 06-18-2016 03:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rob63mess (Post 1310751)
Without the help of guys like Tom , Bill, Brent and countless others I would be lost.

You covered a lot of ground with those 3 guys! Truly three experts. Wayne

quickchange 06-18-2016 05:30 PM

Top site , Top folk , Top answers. The odd weed but roundup fixes that. Remember keep it straight , keep your head out of the sand , Be POLITE , 50* degrees here , chilly .

qstott 06-18-2016 05:35 PM

What Rob63 said!!

Gerryde 06-18-2016 06:38 PM

Hi Folks this is a top site,I have read a lot of articles off here ,and gained a lot of info,The people that are on here are very helpfull,and i thankyou for that. Iam on this site everyday and its no one for me.

henry's 31 06-20-2016 10:22 AM

I agree that this site is great. You can get an answer for any topic about the model A and we are able to check past postings on many subject. This is indeed a very important tool to any Model A person. Thanks to all of you!!!!!

BILL WILLIAMSON 06-20-2016 03:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rob63mess (Post 1310751)

Don't count on me TOO MUCH, I just lost the big front cover that pops off my Hoover Vacuum, to change the BAG?????
Bill Lost