The Ford Barn

The Ford Barn (https://www.fordbarn.com/forum/index.php)
-   Model A (1928-31) (https://www.fordbarn.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   International Model A Day 2019 (https://www.fordbarn.com/forum/showthread.php?t=269457)

Ernie Vitucci 09-14-2019 01:14 PM

International Model A Day 2019

Good Morning all...Here in Arizona...We had 23 Model A four bangers, a couple of Model A hot rod four bangers and V-8's, and a Shay at Miller Ford in Mesa Arizona. The café was open for breakfast and we spent about two hours and then folks started to head home...90+ degree weather this morning on its way to 105 or so around 4pm. I drove 64 miles round trip Joop drove about 88 miles round trip and gets the brass ring. A good time was had by all. J.D. Lee who was President in 1988 and is still active was our oldest living prior president. We had cars from 'The Model A Restorers Club of Arizona and The Phoenix Model A Club...Ernie in Arizona

Joop 09-14-2019 01:20 PM

Re: International Model A Day 2019

1 Attachment(s)
Picture

Ernie Vitucci 09-14-2019 01:24 PM

I'm in the front row, white shirt, white hat...Joop is behind me with the black had! Ernie in Arizona

kenparker 09-14-2019 05:41 PM

3 Attachment(s)
Good evening all you Model A folks.
Here in east Texas we had beautiful weather for the annual Model A Day. Working together were the Autumn Trails Model A Ford Club and the Cedar Creek Model A Ford Club. We had 10 Model A's and one Model A speedster and three modern irons participating this year. Some count over 20 people.

Some of the participants started out around 6:30 in the morning and put more than two hundred miles on their A's by the end of the day. Others put in around one hundred miles. Started out with breakfast at WhatABurger in Mineola, Texas then traveled to a train and plane museum in Pittsburg, Texas. The feature of the museum is the "Ezekiel Aeroplane" - pictured below- pre Wright Bros. Around noon we motorated back to Quitman, Texas for a wunnerful , wunnerful lunch at Tony B's Texas Restaurant. Then split up and traveled back to respective homes.

It was a GREAT Model A Day. ken

Synchro909 09-14-2019 05:54 PM

From these posts, I gather you guys held International Model A Day on Saturday. Our club is holding our day on Sunday (today) and we are just about to leave for the venue. We make the day a memorial run for our members who have passed on. The surviving members of their family are asked to come and bring the car. If they can't drive it, someone from the club will bring them in it for the day. If the car has been sold to someone else in the club, they are asked to bring it. The cars that used to belong to the deceased members are all parked together. I call them the ghost cars. A walk amongst them brings back a flood of memories of these earlier members and the good times we all shared.
The weather is wet but I'm looking forward to it greatly.

Ernie Vitucci 09-14-2019 06:58 PM

Good Sunday Morning Synchro909. What a great idea. We'll have to look into this for next year. Ernie in Arizona

Synchro909 09-15-2019 01:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ernie Vitucci (Post 1799046)
Good Sunday Morning Synchro909. What a great idea. We'll have to look into this for next year. Ernie in Arizona

A framed list of past members is on display between vases of flowers and a minute's silence is observed for them. I figure we are all here to support each other whether through the car club or some other community.