The Ford Barn

The Ford Barn (https://www.fordbarn.com/forum/index.php)
-   Late V8 (1954+) (https://www.fordbarn.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   Another new guy/new project (https://www.fordbarn.com/forum/showthread.php?t=89841)

Doug61 11-23-2012 10:07 PM

Another new guy/new project

2 Attachment(s)
Attachment 107024

Attachment 107025Hello all, new to this forum or any forum for that matter. Just thought I would show my project I picked up last summer. 69 LTD, 390/C6, factory air(not working), crappy Earl Scheib paint job. Interior in good shape, engine and drivetrain good shape overall. Plan is to get it in good mechanical shape, eventually do body work and paint. Just want to enjoy it for now. Here are a couple pics if I can get this to work. I'm sure I'll have several questions as I go. Will try and keep updated on progress, but that will be slow since i don't exactly have a bottomless bank account:D. Later, Doug.

streetdreams 11-24-2012 09:57 AM

Re: Another new guy/new project

Nice looking car. You'll find alot of help if needed on this forum.

Y-Blockhead 11-24-2012 11:10 AM

Welcome to The Barn, Nice car. I think you will find a lot of knowledgeable people and most advice is free so you don't have to worry about your bank account. When you use that advice is when it costs you.
Weigh your options and research the advice to ensure it is the best course of action for you.
Beware that SOME advice or info given may be just flat a$$ wrong.

Ole Don 11-24-2012 05:46 PM

My mind must be going faster than I thought. I worked on the line at Ford when that car was built, but I don't remember any that looked that good. Welcome!

akacustomcab 11-28-2012 04:35 PM

Cool car; I'm also new to the forum; but welcome anyway.

joe plumber 11-28-2012 06:55 PM

Welcome to the Barn
:cool:

Retro Jim 11-29-2012 01:03 PM

That was one of the nicest looking Fords that came out in the late 60's . They were great family cars and were nice on long trips as well .
I also had a 69 but was a Galaxie with a 302 & C4 in it and was easy on gas too . Gave $200 for it and the guy installed a new timing chain in it before I bought it . Ran great for years . Big and roomy . Had that car when I was single . Lots of room in the back seat . :rolleyes:
Welcome to the barn Doug61 !
So what are your long term planes with the car ?

Jim

Doug61 12-01-2012 12:23 PM

Hey, thanks for the warm welcome guys. I remember the days when you could buy a car like this for a few hundred bucks, of course most of us didn't have much money back then so it's all relative. As for long term plans, gonna just do a mechanical and cosmetic restoration on it as time and funds allow. Just want to make it into a nice driver. Hopeful that next spring I can get going on it. Want to start on suspension, steering, brakes and those wheels have got to go. That will be a good start. I see these late 60's Fords don't get much love from the aftermarket. Would like to be able to get interior trim panels but seems nothing after 67 is available. If anyone knows of a source for this stuff I'm all ears. Later, Doug.