The Ford Barn

The Ford Barn (https://www.fordbarn.com/forum/index.php)
-   Model A (1928-31) (https://www.fordbarn.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Model A Museum Grand Opening This Weekend (https://www.fordbarn.com/forum/showthread.php?t=106123)

Forditude 05-14-2013 01:17 PM

Model A Museum Grand Opening This Weekend

Hi Everyone,

This Saturday will be the Grand Opening of the long awaited Model A Ford Museum at the Gilmore Car Museum in Hickory Corners Michigan. If you live in the area please make an effort to come out and see it. On display are many important Model A Cars and AA Trucks. The displays are beautiful and the Museum is something to be Proud of. I will be there, Jay McCord, so I would be happy to meet any of you at the event. Admission is free for MAFFI members and nominal for others. Come see our Famous Guest Speaker.
Check it out on the web. maffi.org

Jay McCord

fordcoupe 05-14-2013 04:44 PM

Re: Model A Museum Grand Opening This Weekend

Good luck with your Grand Opening i wish it was closer i'd love to go and check it out maybe a road trip with the bride in the future. :)

Barney 05-14-2013 11:41 PM

I wish all who are there a great party. I also wish I could be there. But is a bit far away from my home.:p
Hopefully photos will be posted here on the Fordbarn from the opening.
Good luck wishes from Switzerland
Barney

al's28/33 05-15-2013 07:17 AM

Yes please post lots of close-up photos of the display cars for us to scrutinize!!!

rprice 05-15-2013 09:24 AM

I wish I could be there. I hope everyone who attends has a great time. It's a momentous occasion.

Rog

HoarseWhisperer 05-15-2013 10:52 AM

For those attending the Grand Opening that purchased FordBarn buttons a while back, don't forget to wear them. :cool:

Steve Plucker 05-15-2013 08:01 PM

I am sure also if you go to the MAFFI website...there will be tons of photos there to.

Pluck

d.j. moordigian 05-15-2013 08:09 PM

Steve,

Uhh....did you get an answer or photo..................yet?

Steve Plucker 05-15-2013 09:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by d.j. moordigian (Post 652416)
Steve,

Uhh....did you get an answer or photo..................yet?

NO SIR! A lot of good emails do.

Hopefully Roger will get it for me. Which remindes me.......

Pluck

Franchise_24 05-15-2013 11:00 PM

Any good hotels that are real close the area? I did some searching online and it seems the closest hotels are in Battle Creek, I could be wrong though.

sidhartha 05-16-2013 03:54 AM

That's the nearest one I could find too. I got one reserved in Kalamazoo. About 20 min away.

Ross/Kzoo 05-16-2013 05:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Franchise_24 (Post 652518)
Any good hotels that are real close the area? I did some searching online and it seems the closest hotels are in Battle Creek, I could be wrong though.

The distance from The car museum to Battle Creek is only about 5-10 miles farther than to Kalamazoo. It could also be shorter depending on the hotels location in Kalamazoo. Do a Google search.

ctvpa 05-16-2013 07:54 AM

I'm at the Fairfield Inn East in Kalamazoo. If anyone is close by, let's get together.

eshaver 05-16-2013 08:01 AM

I wish I could attend . I'm in Virginia . However, I'm building a scale model of the 1929 Roadster for a scale diorama of the former Zeppelin Diner that was in Los Angles .

2935ford 05-16-2013 08:23 AM

I'll get there one day!

BashawT 05-16-2013 10:49 AM

Have fun fellas! Wish I could make it!

msmaron 05-16-2013 11:00 AM

i would be amazed if anyone was able to find a room left...

sidhartha 05-16-2013 12:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by msmaron (Post 652735)
i would be amazed if anyone was able to find a room left...

How many people and A's do you anticipate being there. I'm guessing there'll be a lot more than there was last September.

steve s 05-16-2013 07:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sidhartha (Post 652776)
How many people and A's do you anticipate being there. I'm guessing there'll be a lot more than there was last September.

Around 264 cars registered for the Michigan Model A Roundup, which coincides with the Museum opening. Allowing for multiple people per car, and many folks who are not participating in the Roundup, and the usual weekend Museum traffic, I would expect a minimum of ~600 people, and probably a bunch more.

Admission to the opening on Saturday morning will be free to any member of MARC, MAFCA, MAFFI, or the Museum, or anyone driving a Model A. The Roundup is a MARC event.

Steve

callcoy 05-17-2013 08:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Franchise_24 (Post 652518)

I am on the MAFFI board and have stayed in Battle Creek several times, just moved from there to Kalamazoo today to be at the Host Hotel for the MARC roundup. Personally the drive from Kalamazoo is quicker to the Museum and I will stay here in the future. However the drive from from Battle Creek is much more a Model A road. That being said the Museum is outstanding I have spend a great deal of time talking to those at the museum over the past two days and to a person they are really suprized how great it is. 85 years in the making and it will only get better and better with time as exhibits change and receive up grades thru the years.

Not to down play the other museums which are world class, I am partial to the Model A. It is the result of years of donations form Model A'rs and thousands of donated hours to bring this to life.