The Ford Barn

The Ford Barn (https://www.fordbarn.com/forum/index.php)
-   Early V8 (1932-53) (https://www.fordbarn.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   Harmon Collins Rotors ????? (https://www.fordbarn.com/forum/showthread.php?t=120906)

32phil 10-25-2013 11:59 AM

Re: Harmon Collins Rotors ?????

Thank You for your efforts.........where do I send the check ??

DzusFast 10-28-2013 07:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 32phil (Post 751474)
Thank You for your efforts.........where do I send the check ??

When I have the rotors ready I'll post here.... meanwhile, I'd like to hear some input from the sample I sent to Bubbas ignition :D

BUBBAS IGNITION 10-29-2013 07:17 AM

I got the rotor, shes a beauty !!!!
The overall quality is a A++ , i will check the fit and function later this week but the overall impression so far is very good !!
I will run it under some load and put some volts thru it for a period of time on the tester as time permits. Stay tuned......

DzusFast 11-08-2013 07:17 PM

fyi everybody..... I haven't dissapeared, I'm just in the midest of pulling this project together. As it stands now, I'm shooting before delivery before Christmas

;)

BUBBAS IGNITION 11-09-2013 06:36 AM

Also i will load one up with some voltage and scope to test it even more soon as possible. Maybe this weekend........
Looking great so far...

fordcpe 11-09-2013 08:56 AM

I think I should have a spare rotor for mine.Let us know when they are ready.Darrell

4dFord/SC 11-09-2013 09:21 AM

This thread makes me want one, too, and I don't even have a Harmon Collins distributor.:)

B-O-B 11-09-2013 11:27 AM

Contact Bubbas' Ign. & you can have a nice rebuilt one. He has a sale going on.

trainguy 11-09-2013 11:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Charlie ny (Post 749245)
Jim,
Dennis Carpenter would be prospect.....his business started with inj molding
dash knobs.
Hmmm tooling cost est $15000....sell price $100 each.....firm orders for 200
would cover the margin and overhead....maybe.
Back in the day there was no such a thing as CAD-CAM.....today it might be
possible to knock these things out from high dialectric 'plastic' round stock...blank
them out on big multi axis HARDINGE chucker and then on to a comp mill.
I'm dreamin'.
Charlie ny

I have a machine that would have no problem making this part.The only problem is would it be economically worth while.At $100each I would need to make about 25 roters to make it worthwhile.Phil

svm99 11-14-2013 09:10 PM

I'd be interested in a couple of rotors when available. I admire you for following through with this time consuming but highly worthwhile project.
Thanks Paul J.

russcc 11-15-2013 07:37 PM

Nice work. Have you made any for sale ? If so, please PM me. Thank you, Russ

Fred A 11-17-2013 11:33 PM

Bought a couple of caps from Drake and would be smart for me to have a spare rotor and points. Did I mention points? Perhaps the points could be offered from the same source. Kinda like one stop shopping. Watching this string for developments and needing one to protect my investment. Thanks: Fred A

DzusFast 11-19-2013 05:23 PM

Thanks a lot for everyone's input....I'll have them by Christmas. If you're in the thread, your on the list ;)

37Ford 11-19-2013 07:19 PM

I would be interested in two when available.

Robert Dip 11-20-2013 10:18 AM

2 Attachment(s)
I've had this H-C distributor base for umteen years. Without the other parts, I had pretty well given up on resurrecting this treasure piece. BUT...aftr following this post, and finding the distributor, is it possible to have all of the missing parts co complete?? If so, I'm in.
Model # 14 Serial 3074 Please let me know....and I can send to Babbas for a make-over..........Robert

BUBBAS IGNITION 11-20-2013 11:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Robert Dip (Post 768843)
I've had this H-C distributor base for umteen years. Without the other parts, I had pretty well given up on resurrecting this treasure piece. BUT...aftr following this post, and finding the distributor, is it possible to have all of the missing parts co complete?? If so, I'm in.
Model # 14 Serial 3074 Please let me know....and I can send to Babbas for a make-over..........Robert

You will need both pieces , the internal ring and the rotor. Then it can be built....

Elmo Rodge 11-20-2013 11:30 AM

I would like one, too. Wayno

Robert Dip 11-20-2013 02:13 PM

Bubbas....discussions here are on the rotors....how do we/I get the internal ring??

BUBBAS IGNITION 11-20-2013 02:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Robert Dip (Post 768984)
Bubbas....discussions here are on the rotors....how do we/I get the internal ring??

Right now to the best of my knowledge you dont. They just are not available anywhere that i know of.....:eek:

34ragtop 11-21-2013 07:33 PM

put me down for a couple also