The Ford Barn

The Ford Barn (https://www.fordbarn.com/forum/index.php)
-   Model A (1928-31) (https://www.fordbarn.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   A surprise (https://www.fordbarn.com/forum/showthread.php?t=303872)

Brentwood Bob 09-15-2021 11:06 AM

A surprise

I made an order for rust converter from the supplier early last week. Had not showed up so I called the company back yesterday.
The owner spent time tracking with the carrier and the order is lost.
Got an email from the supplier today, apologizing for FEDEX, and a new order will go out today.
That is a good surprise!
I haven't tried this product out yet, but comments on Rust911 on this forum have been great, and using the concentrate will make large volume jobs like a gas tank work for me.
Had to pass this on.

BRENT in 10-uh-C 09-15-2021 11:47 AM

Re: A surprise

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brentwood Bob (Post 2056837)
I made an order for rust converter from the supplier early last week. Had not showed up so I called the company back yesterday.
Got an email from the supplier today, apologizing for FEDEX, and a new order will go out today.
That is a good surprise!
I haven't tried this product out yet, but comments on Rust911 on this forum have been great, and using the concentrate will make large volume jobs like a gas tank work for me.
Had to pass this on.

You will like it Bob. Just mix enough to submerge the part into.

Brentwood Bob 09-15-2021 11:57 AM

Have used some full dilution gallon size other brand stuff and have had good results.
Beats the wire wheel. I try to clean off any petroleum residue first with a degreaser.

Stingray70 09-15-2021 01:26 PM

You will like it Bob. I have been using it on all sorts of things. I flushed the engine block with it. Cleaned a bunch of model a parts. And have used it to make a bunch of old rusty hand tools useable again.

McMimmcs 09-15-2021 01:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brentwood Bob (Post 2056837)
That is a good surprise!
Had to pass this on.

I personally find FEDEX the best in the business! At a volume of 3 billion packages a year we can forgive them for one lost package!

Brentwood Bob 09-15-2021 03:44 PM

The package came. The contact phone number on the shipping label was incorrect area code. But I now have it and the replacement shipment was caught before it was shipped so we are Even Steven.
2gallons of concentrate would have been more than a lifetime supply.

chrs1961815 09-15-2021 06:58 PM

I use it for removing slight rust on plated parts which works great. I wouldn't recommend taking a very rusty part and putting it in there, I would just sandblast it.

McMimmcs 09-15-2021 07:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chrs1961815 (Post 2056974)
I use it for removing slight rust on plated parts which works great. I wouldn't recommend taking a very rusty part and putting it in there, I would just sandblast it.

Why no very rusty parts?

chrs1961815 09-15-2021 07:08 PM

I just think sandblasting gives you a cleaner surface for painting.