The Ford Barn

The Ford Barn (https://www.fordbarn.com/forum/index.php)
-   Model T (1909-1927) (https://www.fordbarn.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Stuart, Florida (https://www.fordbarn.com/forum/showthread.php?t=269295)

Speedster Jeff 09-10-2019 09:40 PM

Stuart, Florida

Hello,

Are there any T owners in the Stuart, Florida area? We have a T now and we would be interested in seeing other cars in our area.

Thank you,

Jeff Smith

Dodge 09-10-2019 11:47 PM

Re: Stuart, Florida

Hi Jeff and welcome. My Dad used to live in Sewall’s Point right next door to you, and owned a 1912 Touring. He passed away at the age of 95 a couple of years ago.
The car went to some one local but I don’t remember his name.
There was an annual car show in down town Stuart every year and the car has been there,
I think the show was in October so look out for it.
My Dad was very involved in the local Antiaue Autombile Club there.

Dodge

Speedster Jeff 09-16-2019 03:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dodge (Post 1797815)
Hi Jeff and welcome. My Dad used to live in Sewall’s Point right next door to you, and owned a 1912 Touring. He passed away at the age of 95 a couple of years ago.
The car went to some one local but I don’t remember his name.
There was an annual car show in down town Stuart every year and the car has been there,
I think the show was in October so look out for it.
My Dad was very involved in the local Antiaue Autombile Club there.

Dodge

Dodge,

Thank you for the reply. I'm sorry for the loss of your father, I just recently lost my dad and I'm somewhat lost in the home machine shop without him, especially on some set-ups of items. We are keeping everything going on the antique steam, gas, diesel and tractor end of items, but I have no one to turn to on some set-ups on some items in the shop and look to you-tube. I recently purchased my neighbor's T that I grew up with next door and am looking for local help to make a few adjustments on some items on the car. Dad was a walking encyclopedia on anything mechanical and had a lifetime of knowledge and really taught my sons and me how to restore items, but I could just use a little help on this car and hope to find someone locally to help us.

Dodge 09-17-2019 11:50 PM

Hi Jeff,
It looks like there is a Model T Club International in Boynton Beach Florida. They are called the Sunny T's of South Florida.
Their address is:[email protected]

Maybe they can help.

Dodge

Speedster Jeff 09-20-2019 02:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dodge (Post 1800288)
Hi Jeff,
It looks like there is a Model T Club International in Boynton Beach Florida. They are called the Sunny T's of South Florida.
Their address is:[email protected]

Maybe they can help.

Dodge

Thank you!

WillC 10-17-2019 05:13 PM

Jeff, I'm a bit north of you in Melbourne. Once a year I drive my 1919 touring down your way in the winter just for a trip. If you interested I will PM you the next time I head south.

Speedster Jeff 10-18-2019 01:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WillC (Post 1810762)
Jeff, I'm a bit north of you in Melbourne. Once a year I drive my 1919 touring down your way in the winter just for a trip. If you interested I will PM you the next time I head south.

I just drove up A1A two Sundays ago all the way to Indialantica Beach. I am passing through Melbourne all of the time. Can my son and I stop by and see your car? We will be out for a ride this evening before the storm ruins the weekend.

Thank you,

Jeff

WillC 10-19-2019 09:07 AM

Jeff, During hurricane season I park my T in my father in laws garage, I will be bringing it home mid November. I will let you know.

Speedster Jeff 10-24-2019 07:55 PM

https://www.fordbarn.com/forum/attac...1&d=1571964579

This is our 1923 speedster.

Stretch Cab 11-27-2019 04:29 PM

There is a guy in Hobe Sound, just to your south that has one or more nice T’s. But in January or February there is a nice all Ford show in Lake Worth. I’ve been looking for the dats but it is called Fords and Friends. Hobe Sound has a Christmas parade the first Saturday in December and there should be a T or two in it.

Speedster Jeff 12-09-2019 01:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stretch Cab (Post 1825937)
There is a guy in Hobe Sound, just to your south that has one or more nice T’s. But in January or February there is a nice all Ford show in Lake Worth. I’ve been looking for the dats but it is called Fords and Friends. Hobe Sound has a Christmas parade the first Saturday in December and there should be a T or two in it.

Thank you. I would really like to talk to a local owner or two.

rfitzpatrick 12-18-2019 04:36 PM

Fords & Friends at the Brass Monkey, Jan. 11th, 2020 Lake Worth Rd., Lake Worth, FL., 33467. Exit TrunPike at Lake Worth Rd, go East just a few blocks, it's on the North side

Speedster Jeff 03-05-2020 09:05 PM

Quote:

I drove up A1A the other day when everyone else in the family was busy. I turned around at Indiatlantica Beach. It took just a little over seven hours up and back at 32mph. Are you near there? We could always drive up again.

trulyvintage 03-06-2020 06:06 PM

Quote:

Boy you gotta watch out for this guy ^^^^^ ..... 👍

Jim

Speedster Jeff 08-30-2022 08:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WillC (Post 1811251)
Jeff, During hurricane season I park my T in my father in laws garage, I will be bringing it home mid November. I will let you know.

Did you ever bring it home?

Jeff