The Ford Barn

The Ford Barn (https://www.fordbarn.com/forum/index.php)
-   Model A (1928-31) (https://www.fordbarn.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   How many here remember the Workshop we had?? (https://www.fordbarn.com/forum/showthread.php?t=240724)

BRENT in 10-uh-C 03-12-2018 02:45 PM

How many here remember the Workshop we had??

4 Attachment(s)
How many would like to attend (another) one?

As some of you may remember, several years ago we held some 3-day Weekend Workshops (actually 3 consecutive years I think beginning in 2006 or 07??) where we met at my shop for fellowship and learning about how to ‘restore’ our Model-As. I feel the time has come to host another workshop? In a nutshell, here is an overview;

• Scheduled as a Friday morning thru Sunday evening workshop in Elizabethton, TN where attendees will bring components of their project to work on under the guidance of others. This can be sheetmetal items, brakes, axles, steering, generator, starters, or whatever component you would like learn more about. Again, you can bring YOUR Model-A components and rebuild YOUR components in a hands-on environment.

• The cost to attend will be FREE, and the only out-of-pocket $$ is someone generally passes the hat to cover weekend expenses incurred such as towels, hand-cleaner, shop supplies, etc..

• The dates will be in April 20-22, 2018. Come for one or all days.
We have room for about 25 swap meet spaces for those who want to brings some Model-A parts to sell or trade. We have several committed to attend but we have room for a few more attendees, so if you would like to come, contact me immediately via PM so we can get your name on the list.

Growley bear 03-13-2018 06:25 AM

Re: How many here remember the Workshop we had??

I think that workshops where folks can get their hands dirty are the best thing for learning about our Model A's. I think that we need more of these or this type of education for us old timers and folks who aren't so sure about Model A A repairs. Unfortunately for me, I live on the west coast and won't be able to attend; I think that education is something that we can't ever have enough of.
I have given a few seminars at home in my shop and gave the steering gear seminar at the 2017 NWRM. I have a fair understanding of what you are offering of your facility, time, and experience.
Thank You,
Chet Clymer
Lakeside, OR

dr.j 03-13-2018 06:50 AM

Brent,
I am 1,100 miles away but rest assured if it was half that, I would attend.
Dave and Pam

Anteek29 03-13-2018 08:42 AM

Wow...brings back memories of our 'Keggers' in college :)

wrndln 03-13-2018 09:00 AM

I remember the workshop you did in Rochester, MN in 2009. It was very good. Thanks for putting on the workshop in MN. Eastern Tennessee is a long drive from the Twin Cities, MN. I would like to attend, but it is just to far for an old model A'er to travel.
Rusty Nelson

BRENT in 10-uh-C 03-13-2018 11:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Elgin (Post 1604466)
I saw it was being sponsored on the ford vintage.
There are more particulars about the workshop on the thread over there. I agree with Growley bear, thanks for doing this.

Regards
George J

Yeah, I have friends in both places, so I am inviting & welcoming folks from both sides to attend.

Quote:

Originally Posted by wrndln (Post 1604507)
I remember the workshop you did in Rochester, MN in 2009. It was very good. Thanks for putting on the workshop in MN. Eastern Tennessee is a long drive from the Twin Cities, MN. I would like to attend, but it is just to far for an old model A'er to travel.
Rusty Nelson

Rusty, I meant to say something to you the other day when you called. I don't think I would use the distance as an excuse for not attending because the man & wife that hosted the Rochester event are coming again to this one, ...and Tom W. and some friends of his are also planning to attend next month too. Round up a buddy or two to share trip expenses with and come on down.

RockHillWill 03-13-2018 01:18 PM

It looks like I will be settled down from our Redneck Roundup metal meet in time to attend this event. I have been encouraging Brent to do this again, and am looking forward to it. Can I stake a claim to the parking spot with the shore cord that I have used in the path??

Wick 03-13-2018 07:08 PM

I had a great time at the workshop 10 years ago??? I'm going to give it some thought.

Jeff/Illinois 03-14-2018 12:42 PM

I think I had some Vintique parts put in me dang-nab junk:)

Wick 03-14-2018 02:16 PM

Will y'all be racing Saturday night?

Dick Carne 03-14-2018 03:42 PM

Brent -

I thoroughly enjoyed the visit that you had in 2007 (I think). It was there that I was able to learn wood-graining under the tutelage of the fine folks at Grain-it-Technologies - great folks to work with. Regrettably I have a conflict with the weekend of April 20- 22, but would otherwise make it a point to attend. Hopefully you might consider doing this again next year. Best of luck to you and those who are able to join you. I am quite certain that those who are able to attend will benefit greatly and thoroughly enjoy the workshop.

Good luck to you and all ...

Dick

Dick Carne 03-14-2018 03:43 PM

Brent -

I thoroughly enjoyed the visit that you had in 2007 (I think). It was there that I was able to learn wood-graining under the tutelage of the fine folks at Grain-it-Technologies - great folks to work with. Regrettably I have a conflict with the weekend of April 20- 22, but would otherwise make it a point to attend. Hopefully you might consider doing this again next year. Best of luck to you and those who are able to join you. I am quite certain that those who are able to attend will benefit greatly and thoroughly enjoy the workshop.

Good luck to you and all ...

Dick

larrys40 03-14-2018 04:20 PM

Brent ,
I dropped you a pm .... count me in to attend.
Many thanks
Larry shepard

larrys40 03-14-2018 04:20 PM

Brent ,
I dropped you a pm .... count me in to attend.
Many thanks
Larry shepard

kenparker 03-15-2018 08:45 AM

I attended two of the earlier workshops and fully intended to make this one. My boss lady and me were coming. Unfortunatly she had a heart attack last month then followed up with some life threatening bacterial infection and is still in rehab and will be for the next 4 to 6 weeks.

Rats, we cant make it to the workshop. Maybe next time. I have fenders that need worked on. kenp

BRENT in 10-uh-C 03-15-2018 12:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kenparker (Post 1605366)
I attended two of the earlier workshops and fully intended to make this one. My boss lady and me were coming. Unfortunatly she had a heart attack last month then followed up with some life threatening bacterial infection and is still in rehab and will be for the next 4 to 6 weeks.

Rats, we cant make it to the workshop. Maybe next time. I have fenders that need worked on. kenp

Oh my goodness Ken. I sure hate that you are not coming, but I really hate she had the attack and the infection! Hopefully she is feeling better soon! Y'all will definitely be missed!!

BRENT in 10-uh-C 03-15-2018 12:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wick (Post 1605045)
Will y'all be racing Saturday night?

Maybe, ....you wanna go?? :D

Wick 03-15-2018 07:23 PM

Heck yeah, love to see the boy run! Ken I still have my notes from last time.Hope your wife has a speedy recovery. Wick

BRENT in 10-uh-C 03-24-2018 08:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wick (Post 1605626)
Heck yeah, love to see the boy run! Ken I still have my notes from last time.Hope your wife has a speedy recovery. Wick

Fred, it appears they may be debuting a new dirt open-wheel modified at Volunteer Speedway that Sat night. If they do, I'm sure you can go with them.