The Ford Barn

The Ford Barn (https://www.fordbarn.com/forum/index.php)
-   Model A (1928-31) (https://www.fordbarn.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   More praise for the Judging Standards (https://www.fordbarn.com/forum/showthread.php?t=211748)

700rpm 12-30-2016 10:11 PM

More praise for the Judging Standards

I just put the new revisions into my binder, and I want to add my commendations to the committee that put these together. This is one of the three most important books on the Model A that every A owner should have. I will never restore another car, or have one of mine judged, but the information in the RG&JS is essential to the overall understanding and appreciation of these cars. At about $50, given the work and comprehensive information contained, it's a bargain. Big kudos to the committee!

Steve Wastler 12-30-2016 10:45 PM

Re: More praise for the Judging Standards

I'm with Ray, WOW! What a great job by those involved in bringing this revision to completion, quite a huge undertaking. An absolute must have for anyone interested in A's.

I ordered my copy on Dec 26 via MAFCA online store and it was delivered to my mailbox about noon today, the 30th. Very fast processing and shipping, very pleased for sure!

Just got done updating and flipping thru, can't wait to spend some time studying new updated info. Thanks MAFCA & MARC

DougVieyra 12-30-2016 11:23 PM

With the much anticipated hoopla regarding the new 'Revisions' of the MARC/MAFCA Restoration Guidelines & Judging Standards, and knowing what an already staggering accumulation of information about the Ford Model A previous 'Standards' had in them - I was curious as to what other antique car clubs had for their equivalent restoration standard guidelines.

I found that national marque clubs for older antiques and classics like AACA, CCCA, MTFCA, Buick, Chevrolet, Chrysler Corp., etc. (and no, not even the modern Shelby and Mustangs) had nothing close to the overwhelming body of detailed information that has been accumulated by the dedicated aficionados of the Ford Model A. What we have in this body of accumulated facts about our beloved Model A is truly staggering and monumental !

As has been said, A great round of thanks and applause is due these tireless and dedicated volunteers that have given so much of their lives to the love of the hobby, and to future generations of Model A owners.

Hip, Hip, Hooray ! ! !

C26Pinelake 12-31-2016 01:48 AM

yes the entire group / committee is to be commended not just the Chairmen as suggested in another post. Wayne

Joop 12-31-2016 12:01 PM

1 Attachment(s)
I second Ray comments as they did a great job putting this together.
A far cry from the first Standards in the sixties with only 11 pages.

HAPPY NEW YEAR

forever4 12-31-2016 12:54 PM

All youse big iron guys ought to be in high heaven!

Neil Wilson, Keith Ernst, and so many other AA enthusiasts have a done a fantastic job of documenting the details of the AA. It is full of valuable info never compiled or published before.

The new and completely rewritten AA Section is a real treasure trove of new information! Profusely illustrated and detailed.

Personally, this section is my favorite, though I don't own an AA!

Also, an all-new Cabriolet Section was created and added.

The Postal Delivery Section was expanded significantly.

The Tools Section was significantly rewritten and expanded with additional information and many great photos. Large effort by Tom Moniz and others!

The Top and Interior Sections were also significantly expanded and rewritten and detailed with new text and illustrations.

The Shock Absorber Section was also significantly expanded and rewritten and detailed with new text and illustrations.

The Early 1927-28 Features Section was also significantly expanded with new info and photos.

The Canadian Section was also significantly expanded and rewritten and detailed with new text and illustrations, thanks to lead by Carl Becker and Everett Hessels.

and, and, and..... many more!

henry's 31 12-31-2016 02:41 PM

I agree 100%. A great reference, congratulations to the committee.

fiddlybits 12-31-2016 03:42 PM

RESTORATION GUIDELINES (and judging standards)