The Ford Barn

The Ford Barn (https://www.fordbarn.com/forum/index.php)
-   Model A (1928-31) (https://www.fordbarn.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Had a brain hiccup today (https://www.fordbarn.com/forum/showthread.php?t=96993)

Weaponsusmc 02-07-2013 05:17 PM

Had a brain hiccup today

Beautiful day here in N/W Ohio, great day to go get the out of state inspection done. When I returned home and parked Bernadine, turned her off out of habbit to open the garage door. When I jumped back in her to pull her inside, she wouldn't fire up for anything, wouldn't even attempt to turn over. After getting flustered for a short while, I figured out that you could not start these beauty's by pressing the gas peddle instead of the starter button. I can't wait until spring arrives and I can really get her out to explore her more.

700rpm 02-07-2013 05:21 PM

Re: Had a brain hiccup today

If it makes you feel better, I can tell you that you aren't the first person to do that. ;)

1crosscut 02-07-2013 05:22 PM

I'm betting that your not the only one that has ever done that. Not that I've ever done something like that.....:o
Dave

c125bob 02-07-2013 06:29 PM

Hahaha I did the same thing yesterday !! Oh well, primes her up good, started right up when I hit the right button.

jkeesey 02-07-2013 07:16 PM

Another thing is they love to fire right up when they're in gear and you only have one leg in the door.

MikeK 02-07-2013 07:38 PM

Look at the bright side. With no accelerator pump and updraft you cannot flood it by pumping the gas pedal.

Brentwood Bob 02-07-2013 09:23 PM

It helps if you say urn, urn at the same time. Bob

BILL WILLIAMSON 02-07-2013 10:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brentwood Bob (Post 587496)
It helps if you say urn, urn at the same time. Bob

Yo, Brother Bob, hope you're A-O.K, good here, my pain pills just came in the mail,
Dog:cool: goes, "RUDIN, RUDIN, RUDIN"!! He hasn't mastered the downshift sounds yet.
I got in my Dakota once & was under the dash tryin' to find the gas valve:confused: Gregg calls them BRAIN FARTS! Bill W.

FordMike 02-07-2013 11:02 PM

Don't worry, I've jumped in an A and cranked it over and over and over not knowing why it wouldn't start up. Finally I realize I never turned the key on.

We all have those moments from time to time. Heck I'm 19 and it happens to me!

MikeK 02-07-2013 11:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BILL WILLIAMSON (Post 587562)
I got in my Dakota once & was under the dash tryin' to find the gas valve:confused:

Everybody knows Dodge put it in the firewall indent under the hood. Dog shudda told ya.

BILL WILLIAMSON 02-07-2013 11:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MikeK (Post 587575)
Everybody knows Dodge put it in the firewall indent under the hood. Dog shudda told ya.

Reminds me,
Reached in the Dodge window & pulled hood release, no pop, held release & slapped on hood, yanked on hood, still no pop! DANG, DANG, DANG+*^$%%**&^
Opened the door, Hmmm, the park brake release & the hood release goodie both look & feel alike! Bill W.