The Ford Barn

The Ford Barn (https://www.fordbarn.com/forum/index.php)
-   Model A (1928-31) (https://www.fordbarn.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   New England Meet (https://www.fordbarn.com/forum/showthread.php?t=269314)

Cape Codder 09-11-2019 10:53 AM

New England Meet

Just wondering if any one from the Barn is going to the New England Meet? Sure would be nice to meet and "talk" face to face!

JRN1967 09-11-2019 03:29 PM

Re: New England Meet

Where in New England is the Meet located? Do you have a link?

Joe K 09-11-2019 06:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JRN1967 (Post 1798013)
Where in New England is the Meet located? Do you have a link?

http://clubs.hemmings.com/wmmafrc/

Joe K

Cape Codder 09-11-2019 07:26 PM

Sure seems no one is going! Really disappointed!

JRN1967 09-12-2019 05:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Joe K (Post 1798062)

Thank you Joe K.

1931 flamingo 09-12-2019 01:50 PM

Cape Codder: Please post some pics.
Paul in CT

ryanheacox 09-12-2019 01:55 PM

I will be showing my car at the Big E on Saturday so I'm not going to the NE Meet but I believe 3 other club members are.

Cape Codder 09-18-2019 04:34 PM

1 Attachment(s)
I haven't seen any reports about the New England Meet so I thought I would say a few words.
We, as in four people in two cars traveled in two cars from Cape Cod with no issues except for the RAIN going up Thursday. Friday it was BEAUTIFUL!! There was approx. 175 cars registered which made for a good number on the tour on Saturday even with some light rain while we were driving although when we arrived at our destination (Hancock Shaker Village) the subsided. The awards banquet was really full with a good group playing and singing for us those "Oldies" for non other then for the Oldies! Members that sat at the table thought the meal was very, very good especially serving approx. 250-275 people. We also had a nice time at the Sunday brunch even though we won NOTHING from the raffles NOR the 50-50. Sure would have helped with what I spent overall.

And now for the RETURN trip. Weather was wonderful Model A driving weather on Sunday morning/afternoon coming home. At approx 110 miles from our home we stopped for gas. As I drove away from the station I heard a strange noise, but the car was running and steering well so I blew it off to something I had run over on the road. SHORTLY there after I could smell fuel. I was IMMEDIATELY concerned and looked up to see that the fuel cap was gone. Turned around slowly went back maybe a mile to no avail. Our friend came up the idea of putting the top of THEIR Coffee Jug on top of the tank filler and taping it down. This worked perfectly all the way home - 110 miles. Monday I went in the garage to remove the tape as I was concerned it would ruin my bad paint job. When I went to the passenger side of the car I found this.......... AND look at the ENTIRE picture and what does anyone see in the background?

Forddan 09-18-2019 06:03 PM

The fuel cap is against the light, correct ? It was there all the time.

w.michael 09-18-2019 08:33 PM

"what does anyone see in the background?"

Reflection of a VERY surprised Model A owner!

Several years ago, one of our members lost his fuel cap at a refueling stop on a tour, so I started carrying an extra cap under the seat. Guess who needed it next--ME.

W. Michael

Cape Codder 09-18-2019 10:02 PM

Forddan - Yes to both of your comments. Pretty blind uh? I really think I was a bit perturbed with my self knowing I hadn't brought a spare. Who would have taught?

w.michael - Yes she was VERY surprised! I like you will have a spare with me the next time I go for sure.

old31 09-18-2019 10:39 PM

Been there, done it.

So my fix was to glue magnets under my cap, that way when I place it on the tank it when i am filling up it stays there.

I can't tell you how many times I stopped for gas and a mile or 2 down the road I spot the cap waving at me on the side of the tank. I have to pull over and install the cap.

Don Turley 09-19-2019 09:38 AM

When I refuel my A, I remove the gas cap and immediately place it on the floorboard in front of the driver's seat. Learned my lesson at an early age and haven't lost another one since.

Bob Bidonde 09-19-2019 01:05 PM

8 Attachment(s)
Kathy & I had a very good time at the 63rd New England Meet at the Jiminy Peak Resort. It was the first long distance road test of my 190A, and it ran well from Long Island to Jiminy Peak in Massachusetts. The total mileage driven for the meet was 532. The average highway speed was 44.7mph, and the highest speed reached was 59.5 mph.
The 64th New England Meet will be in Maine. See you there!

Cape Codder 09-19-2019 01:57 PM

Bob Bidonde It was nice to have a chat with you at the N.E. Meet. Some nice pictures also!

30 Closed Cab PU 09-19-2019 02:07 PM

Thanks for posting the pics, that traffic does not look like much fun, but the other pics on the road pictures look nice.

brum1 09-19-2019 06:33 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Here are some pics from the meet!The New England meet is always a great time

brum1 09-19-2019 06:38 PM

1 Attachment(s)
more pics

Boston Bruce 09-21-2019 01:20 AM

This is the club that is running the 64th annual New England Meet in September 2020.
Pine Tree A's

September 10 - 13, 2020 at Sunday River in Bethel, Maine