The Ford Barn

The Ford Barn (https://www.fordbarn.com/forum/index.php)
-   Early V8 (1932-53) (https://www.fordbarn.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   New 36 Ford Owner! (https://www.fordbarn.com/forum/showthread.php?t=243894)

johnnyford 05-05-2018 08:00 AM

New 36 Ford Owner!

6 Attachment(s)
Just picked up a new project
abondoned 15 years project ton's of receipts
what do you guys think.

corvette8n 05-05-2018 08:23 AM

Re: New 36 Ford Owner!

Cool project, so what are your plans?, I always wanted a '36 like my dad owned but could not afford one.

NYfatboy 05-05-2018 02:06 PM

Congrats, put it together and drive it, don’t be like me.i started to fix things and it’s been sitting forever. It looks really nice

RKS.PA 05-05-2018 05:41 PM

Johnny, looks like you've got the makings of a "head turner" at the cruise ins and at "coffee and cars"!! If the drive train is pretty complete and your front suspension is in place, you should have a driver in no time. Keep us posted!

Welcome to the Barn.

Bored&Stroked 05-05-2018 08:42 PM

Finish the paint and assembly - get it on the road and enjoy it . . . then start to ponder your "next plan" for where you want to take it. Don't make the mistake of starting down a big "change this, change that" path - or you'll just stall the enjoyment phase. :)

As it is obviously a modern style streetrod type of build - won't make a lot of financial sense to attempt to take it back to the vintage route, so enjoy it for what it is and get out on the road. I love 36's - hope to someday own a 36 roadster!

tomkowal 05-06-2018 06:58 AM

Nice, glad to see another one saved.............

ford nut 05-07-2018 01:53 AM

looks like fun. i bought a 5w in nov. and am waiting on the engine rebuild. tough to wait, thats for sure.

rockfla 05-07-2018 06:49 AM

I thought the H.A.M.B. was for this??? Why post on a "mostly" original site???

dwick01 05-07-2018 06:58 AM

Nice car! Perfect place to post pictures, JMHO.

rockfla 05-07-2018 07:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dwick01 (Post 1626278)
Nice car! Perfect place to post pictures, JMHO.

Glad to see your "opinion", perhaps you ought to read the very first post that pops up every time you enter the "forums" section titled "Hey fellas....some clarification" I think that explains it pretty well!!!! Just sayin!!!!

barnfind 05-07-2018 08:17 AM

If he changes the wheels to steelies with vintage looking hubcaps the coupe looks pretty stock to me. I imagine there are a ton of non-flathead powered car owners that enjoy this site.

Unfortunately the HAMB discriminates against "street rods" - whatever that means.

Looks like a great and simple project - enjoy.

RKS.PA 05-07-2018 01:39 PM

I understand fully rockfla's comments above relative to this forum. I'm a Flathead guy and would never have built that '36 the way it was done before johnnyford bought it.

That said, that's what he has and he's excited about it and being here on the Fordbarn. The '36 coupe is an icon and there should be a place where he can come with questions about the "original" aspects of his car. Questions about the SBC...if that's what's in it and I couldn't be sure from the photo....this is not the place.

Just my two cents!!

rockfla 05-07-2018 02:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RKS.PA (Post 1626433)
I understand fully rockfla's comments above relative to this forum. I'm a Flathead guy and would never have built that '36 the way it was done before johnnyford bought it.

That said, that's what he has and he's excited about it and being here on the Fordbarn. The '36 coupe is an icon and there should be a place where he can come with questions about the "original" aspects of his car. Questions about the SBC...if that's what's in it and I couldn't be sure from the photo....this is not the place.

Just my two cents!!

Whole heartedly agree and maybe better said than I.

Talkwrench 05-07-2018 06:58 PM

Its got a scrub motor in it?! aghhhh.. Well you can change that ; )

Vintage Copper 47 05-07-2018 07:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rockfla (Post 1626272)
I thought the H.A.M.B. was for this??? Why post on a "mostly" original site???

AGREED.. that is a HAMB car for sure... :eek:

That being said... if he intends to at least re-do the interior to a stock look or has questions related to body & trim.. by all means post here...
I was at a truck show yesterday in Perris, CA.. I had to cringe every time I saw a streetrod claiming to be a "1940"... "53".. "34"... etc... nothing but the shell was of the time period.. but then saw some original trucks, restored to original specs.. a thing of true beauty!

ford nut 05-07-2018 07:13 PM

windshield frame looks great. I wonder where it's from.

dwick01 05-07-2018 08:40 PM

A newly obtained project car has a lot of potential to be brought back to an original look. Who knows what direction the new owner will take. Pictures are cool. Just my humbled "opinion." Just sayin!!

V8COOPMAN 05-07-2018 08:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vintage Copper 47 (Post 1626542)
AGREED.. that is a HAMB car for sure... :eek:

That being said... if he intends to at least re-do the interior to a stock look or has questions related to body & trim.. by all means post here...
I was at a truck show yesterday in Perris, CA.. I had to cringe every time I saw a streetrod claiming to be a "1940"... "53".. "34"... etc... nothing but the shell was of the time period.. but then saw some original trucks, restored to original specs.. a thing of true beauty!

A couple of you guys don't have a clue what the H.A.M.B. is about. It is NOT about " bellybutton" Chevy small blocks, nor is it about cheesy, cheap-ass, fake mag wheels. Electric fans need not apply, either. DD

KGS 05-08-2018 07:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by V8COOPMAN (Post 1626587)
A couple of you guys don't have a clue what the H.A.M.B. is about. It is NOT about " bellybutton" Chevy small blocks, nor is it about cheesy, cheap-ass, fake mag wheels. Electric fans need not apply, either. DD

DD, I love your subtlety!

rockfla 05-08-2018 07:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by V8COOPMAN (Post 1626587)

NO, V8Coopman maybe not, BUT I do know that this forum is not about 350 SB Chevy, Ice Cream Parlor paint jobs, Turbo 400 Trans, Ford 9" in the rear, and billet out the whazoo!!!! It admirable that the poster is excited about his newly acquired all to be different (But all follow the same build spec) hot rod BUT just not here! IF he intends to, by some magical fate, return the car to original (or some semblance there of) (And judging by his tone of the post, doesn't appear to be) then it would be an understandable post (for here). Just my $.02 worth and my opinion!!! AND not to beat a dead horse BUT again this subject has been clearly (and hotly) debated with 141 post and some 117,000 views on the very first post of this forum "Hey Fellas.....Some Clarification" post.