The Ford Barn

The Ford Barn (https://www.fordbarn.com/forum/index.php)
-   Model A (1928-31) (https://www.fordbarn.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   My "new" truck (https://www.fordbarn.com/forum/showthread.php?t=53557)

tomii 11-18-2011 07:51 AM

My "new" truck

I've got a 1929 Roadster Pick up. Working with the kids to restore it. Would love inputs. I have a web page for it here->ModelA.burke.tv

Mike V. Florida 11-18-2011 08:15 AM

Re: My "new" truck

We are here to help!!

By the way you have a lot of broken links on your site.

tomii 11-18-2011 08:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mike V. Florida (Post 308997)
We are here to help!!

By the way you have a lot of broken links on your site.

Really? D'oh! I just migrated it over from a failed server. If you could point them out, I'd really appreciate it. I thought I'd fixed all of them except for 1 that I know of...

CarlG 11-18-2011 12:02 PM

I really like your "parking brake"

tomii 11-18-2011 01:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CarlG (Post 309132)
I really like your "parking brake"

How 'bout that? Hi-tech, huh?

Russ/40 11-18-2011 01:32 PM

Great truck; if mine was like that when I got it, I'd just be driving the he'll out of it. Why restore it?

1930artdeco 11-18-2011 01:38 PM

Welcom Tomii, great looking truck! I hope you enjoy it as much as possible with the kids.

Mike

tomii 11-18-2011 01:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Russ/40 (Post 309182)
Great truck; if mine was like that when I got it, I'd just be driving the he'll out of it. Why restore it?

Family project. Want to do a full "frame-off" and teach the kids something about cars while I'm at it. Also, I'm pretty sure the head gasket is blown (or worse)... And as far as I've go, so far, I see there's quite a bit of early-stage cancer in there. Early enough that I can fix it.

JBR 11-18-2011 02:28 PM

Tom,
I like your truck and the color. I'm working on a 29 RPU also. Mine is green with the same color yellow wheels. Why do they all have yellow wheels?

First thing you need to do is change that fan for an aluminum one.

If I can help you in any way feel free to contact me.
Jon

tomii 11-18-2011 03:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JBR (Post 309220)
Tom,
I like your truck and the color. I'm working on a 29 RPU also. Mine is green with the same color yellow wheels. Why do they all have yellow wheels?

First thing you need to do is change that fan for an aluminum one.

If I can help you in any way feel free to contact me.
Jon

Thanks for the offer! You like the color it is now (I dunno if that's original), or the one I'm proposing (Brown/Orange)?

Yes, yes, I know, I know... Heresay...

JBR 11-18-2011 04:23 PM

No, it isn't original. Originally it should have been Rock Moss Green, Commercial Drab, L'anse Green Dark, Gunmetal Blue. I like the red/Burgundy. Brown and Orange sound like it might be pretty too.

2935ford 11-18-2011 04:32 PM

You're going to have a lot of fun! Teach them well, could start them on their way to the next gen of Aers!!

Droobie 11-18-2011 04:38 PM

Welcome to the hobby and you will soon find that this probably most fun thing to do for a hobby. Frustrating at times but when you get through the problems it is very satisfying!

tomii 10-09-2012 02:53 PM

Well, a lot has happened over the last year or so...

The truck is mostly down to its constituent parts. I'm hoping to get the frame and suspension components blasted & painted some time in the near future.

Maybe I'll even be able to get a small piece of my "garage" back shortly after that, too!

As always, relatively regular updates are occurring at the truck's web site: http://modela.burke.tv

The "Chronology" is where I keep things - if you're really bored, and need a cure for insomnia, just go there and click on the month to see what happened then.