The Ford Barn

The Ford Barn (https://www.fordbarn.com/forum/index.php)
-   Model A (1928-31) (https://www.fordbarn.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Tim Johnstone has passed away (https://www.fordbarn.com/forum/showthread.php?t=271931)

Joop 10-31-2019 09:02 AM

Tim Johnstone has passed away

By Christy Johnstone Collier

.The Model A world lost a good one today. If you ever had the opportunity to kick tires with him, you know. There was no better mentor than my dad, and his passion for the Model A Ford was something that has forever changed my world. As my mom and I don't know the extent of my dad's Model A network, I'm relying on all of you to please share with those you think would like to know. AHOOGA.

Joop 10-31-2019 09:06 AM

Re: Tim Johnstone has passed away

So sorry for their loss

He was a director at the A400 Group and will be missed

Our condolences

The A400 Group

BRENT in 10-uh-C 10-31-2019 09:08 AM

Christy said it best. He truly was a ‘good one’.

foxfire42 10-31-2019 10:48 AM

At the MARC Meet in San Diego I asked Tim and a friend if they would like to share my table at the very overcrowded Restaurant. I had no idea who he was other than someone looking for dinner with his friend. The first thing I noticed was his wonderful deep voice. By the end of the evening I was blown away by his knowledge and eagerness to share. Sadly, another "good one" is gone but not the knowledge he so willingly shared.

Neil Wilson 10-31-2019 01:39 PM

Tim was a member of the Judging Standards Committee and very involved in the last re-write of the RGJS. Lots of his knowledge is preserved in this document.

henry's 31 10-31-2019 01:45 PM

Any of us that own a Model A Station Wagon or in my case a Station Wagon restoration will always miss him. For any question we had he always shared an answer. His dedication to the Model A Station Wagon Special Interest Group was truly special and a gift to all of us. I hope some day to see him inducted into to Model A Museum Hall of Fame. To his family, prayers and our deepest sympathy.

ModelAWagon 10-31-2019 02:23 PM

Simply an amazing man that knew those station wagons inside and out. He would answer every question no matter how juvenile it was. My condolences to the Johnstone family. We have lost a bunch of good men in the hobby recently. Tim Johnstone, Steve Ryan, Alex Janke, and Tim Kelly. I bet they are all giving Henry a run for his money!

FYI..... the Woody Wagon Special interest group will continue. There will be a transition period. Please be patient. More news to come before Thanksgiving.

brindoro 08-02-2022 07:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ModelAWagon (Post 1816224)
Simply an amazing man that knew those station wagons inside and out... the Woody Wagon Special interest group will continue.

Did not take long for Tim Johnstone's dedication to the Station Wagon to come to the surface in searching for information on the Model A Station Wagon. I seem to have taken an interest a decade too late...

Does anyone have access to, or a source for, past Woody Wagon Quarterly Newsletters? Seems these should be scanned for posterity?

Gary WA 08-02-2022 09:45 PM

Condolences to Family! Whidbey Island A's, Washington

jwmckenzie 08-03-2022 06:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by brindoro (Post 2153843)
Did not take long for Tim Johnstone's dedication to the Station Wagon to come to the surface in searching for information on the Model A Station Wagon. I seem to have taken an interest a decade too late...

Does anyone have access to, or a source for, past Woody Wagon Quarterly Newsletters? Seems these should be scanned for posterity?

ModelAWagon has taken over the Special Interest Group. PM him and see if he is publishing the past issues.