The Ford Barn

The Ford Barn (https://www.fordbarn.com/forum/index.php)
-   Early V8 (1932-53) (https://www.fordbarn.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   Posting Pictures (https://www.fordbarn.com/forum/showthread.php?t=260944)

Lawson Cox 03-26-2019 07:17 PM

Posting Pictures

I used to be able to post pictures, but my pre-senile dementia has gotten to me and I cant remember how to do it. Can anyone help the old man out. I want to sell some stuff. Thanks

Cool Hand Lurker 03-26-2019 07:45 PM

Re: Posting Pictures

In this thread go down to 'Quick Reply', then down below the box to 'Go Advanced' and click on that. Then go down to 'Additional Options' and 'Manage Attachments', click on that and go to 'Choose File' and that will bring up your computer's Pictures folder. Find the photo you want to load and double click on that. You will automatically go back to 'Manage Attachments' then go to the lower right hand corner of that screen and click on the 'UpLoad' box. Click on upper right 'Close this Window' and you will be back at this screen.
Then click on 'Preview Post' to see what your post will look like. If it is OK then click on 'Submit Reply' and you are done.

Gee, I can't see why anybody has trouble doing this....... :rolleyes:

Lawson Cox 03-26-2019 08:07 PM

[QUOTE=Cool Hand Lurker;1740507]In this thread go down to 'Quick Reply', then down below the box to 'Go Advanced' and click on that. Then go down to 'Additional Options' and 'Manage Attachments', click on that and go to 'Choose File' and that will bring up your computer's Pictures folder. Find the photo you want to load and double click on that. You will automatically go back to 'Manage Attachments' then go to the lower right hand corner of that screen and click on the 'UpLoad' box. Click on upper right 'Close this Window' and you will be back at this screen.
Then click on 'Preview Post' to see what your post will look like. If it is OK then click on 'Submit Reply' and you are done.

Gee, I can't see why anybody has trouble doing this....... :rolleyes:[/QUOTE

I got to quick reply. The rest doesn't show anywhere on any screen.

Tinker 03-26-2019 08:11 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Lawson, go to the "go advanced" reply button.

Then, Below the box you usually use to type in, is a manage attachments button. Click on it.

Tinker 03-26-2019 08:12 PM

1 Attachment(s)
When you click on it, a popup comes up. Click browse and find your file and add.

paul2748 03-26-2019 08:15 PM

If it's a new posting, do this:

Click on "Start a New Thread" Top left of page

Put in title and message

Then either click on the paper clip in the message section or scroll down and click on "Manage Attachments"

A box comes up upper left - click on "Browse"

Find the picture on your computer you want to post, click on it and then click on open. The picture name will come up on the first line of the box after browse

Do the same for any additional pictures

When done with pics, click on "Upload" and then click on "close this window"

Then you can click on preview post or submit reply

This is for Microsoft, Apple may be different

Tinker 03-26-2019 08:15 PM

2 Attachment(s)
After adding it and it loads (it will show that it is loaded below the browse boxes). Your file name.

there is a button below that, that says upload. Click that.

40cpe 03-26-2019 08:17 PM

duplicate

Tinker 03-26-2019 08:17 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Then post it. "submit reply"

Cool Hand Lurker 03-26-2019 08:45 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Here it is:

Newc 03-26-2019 11:55 PM

Remember to set your camera to the least number of pixils... helps tremendously. Newc

tiger.1000 03-27-2019 03:14 AM

And if you forget to set your camera to lowest number of pixels, which I do regularly;
EDIT the photos and make them smaller.

RalphM 03-27-2019 09:56 AM

Yes , but what’s odd is, I can take two pictures of my car, at different angles on the same day and same location. One will post, and one will not! Figure that one out!
What I also don’t understand is I never have issue posting on the H.A.M.B.
both using an iPhone

tubman 03-27-2019 11:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RalphM (Post 1740683)
Yes , but what’s odd is, I can take two pictures of my car, at different angles on the same day and same location. One will post, and one will not! Figure that one out!
What I also don’t understand is I never have issue posting on the H.A.M.B.
both using an iPhone

If you took two pictures, one of a blank sheet of paper and the other of a "crazy quilt", I'm sure the one of the sheet of paper will have a lot less pixels than the one of the quilt. Likewise, a picture with little detail will contain less pixels that one showing a lot of detail.

The H.A.M.B. has a more advanced bulletin board package than the Barn. I imagine one of the factors driving the decision to upgrade the software was upgraded photo posting capability.

Paul Bennett 03-27-2019 03:23 PM

Lawson, there is a place to experiment posting pictures and that is place called TEST.

On the page where you chose to get here by clicking on 'Early V8', go further down beyond 'GENERAL DISCUSSION' and 'SWAP MEET' and into the 'TO THE EDITORS' section and you will find 'TEST'. Click on that and play with the various methods which others have suggested. Their you can post pictures and experiment at your leisure.

You may wish to print out some of the suggestions first.

deuce_roadster 03-28-2019 08:47 AM

If your screen is set to be zoomed up to make the text easier to read (like 125 or greater %), the part you are not seeing might be down off the bottom of the screen. If this is the case there should be a bar on the RH side if the screen that allows you to drag down to see what is not showing.

DavidG 03-28-2019 10:53 AM

One way to reduce the number of pixels down to the number that are post-able on the barn is to send them to yourself as an e-mail attachment. That resulting photo will be post-able on the barn. Thanks to whomever brought that to my attention last year or so.

glennpm 11-08-2020 09:18 AM

1 Attachment(s)
I put together this graphic set of images to help those still struggling with posting pictures especially to The Barn.

Glenn

hotcoupe 11-08-2020 03:56 PM

How do you "edit" (to make it smaller) an image that is already in your devise?
Thanx,
Tom

glennpm 11-08-2020 04:09 PM

1 Attachment(s)
I use Irafanview as I mentioned.

but I just tried something in Windows.

- right mouse click on the picture on your computer
- Select "Edit"
- Microsoft "Paint" opens
- select the "Resize'' button
- Select "Pixels"