The Ford Barn

The Ford Barn (https://www.fordbarn.com/forum/index.php)
-   Early V8 (1932-53) (https://www.fordbarn.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   STOLEN RODSTER north of Denver (https://www.fordbarn.com/forum/showthread.php?t=265868)

Not George 07-04-2019 06:50 PM

STOLEN RODSTER north of Denver

5 Attachment(s)
https://www.instagram.com/p/BzgVhXSH..._web_copy_link
STOLEN ROADSTER Belongs to Duane Helms of the Denver Roadsters, He's owned this car for fourty five years.
Stolen this morning from Great Scott's Restaurant just north of Denver

Please keep an eye out for any parts etc....

Several unique features on this car, the filled front end, hairpins, The bomber seats, V8 on the intake, etc.......

Carl 07-04-2019 09:29 PM

Re: STOLEN RODSTER north of Denver

...I've heard about several stolen hot rods lately. I wonder if he parked it where he could see it from his seat in the restaurant. I drive my 34 to a few different places here, but if I can't park it where I can watch it, I don't stop. I would be interested to know what guys do to secure their car at a restaurant, or anywhere. Maybe a Lojak type device, or a "boot" on the wheel(s) ? ..or?

Newc 07-04-2019 09:47 PM

Hi; I am really bothered by the cheap ignition key locks that are offered in Kits ect. Those thing are for lift trucks and a hand full of keys will fit them. We all need something else for theft prevention. Also the newer style hydraulic lift tow trucks can scoop up one end of your rig and be gone very quickly. Newc

mercman from oz 07-04-2019 10:04 PM

https://www.fordbarn.com/forum/attac...p;d=1562283923
That sure is a neat looking Model A Roadster Hot Rod. It is a pity in our world today that thieves are so active and take what doesn't belong to them. After owning it for 40 years, we can only imagine how the owner feels about this loss. I hope that it is located in the same good condition as it is in these photos.

Not George 07-04-2019 10:17 PM

Car has been recovered by the Adams County Sheriff, reported in good condition.

TomT/Williamsburg 07-04-2019 10:52 PM

Great news!

34p-kup 07-04-2019 11:22 PM

Local Denver TV station aired report about theft and recovery. Very few details about recovery except it was found in a garage, little damage. Duane is very happy.

Talkwrench 07-05-2019 01:04 AM

Bloody sad ..So you guy still have grand theft auto.. I thought it was 4 years min first offence?? or am I way out .. Over here Im sure they give them a medal :rolleyes:

flatheadmurre 07-05-2019 01:59 AM

So next hotrod meeting will be at that garage...can think of several activities...non to be said out loud..
Glad he got it back...no insurance in the world can replace the history and memories you have in a vehicle...

RobR'35 07-05-2019 05:41 AM

I'm very glad to hear of this recovery!

KGS 07-05-2019 07:12 AM

Colorado? They hang cattle rustlers in Colorado don't they? I see no difference here...

Gene1949 07-05-2019 08:16 AM

Most of us have poured our heart and soul into our particular vision of what our rides should be. How would one place a value on the 1000s of manhours and the sentimental value? Ours is a family heirloom to be passed onto our daughter when we are done.

Sure, an insurance company can hand you a bucketful of cash but the other values are irreplaceable. One previous poster said it best and I would do my damndest to follow thru;
to make it my life's mission to make the thief's life a living hell in every way possible, starting out with a good old fashioned ass whipping/trip to the hospital.

deuce_roadster 07-05-2019 08:33 AM

Punishment should be for the thief to be put in a locked room with the owner (with a baseball bat) for 30 minutes. But of course, we can't do that.
So glad that the car got recovered, often these stories don't have a happy ending.

Darrell S 07-05-2019 09:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Talkwrench (Post 1774350)
Bloody sad ..So you guy still have grand theft auto.. I thought it was 4 years min first offence?? or am I way out .. Over here Im sure they give them a medal :rolleyes:

I think you have to be caught stealing cars about 8 times around here before you get your hands slapped.

woodiewagon46 07-05-2019 09:32 AM

In New York the car thief will be free before the police finish the paper work. Bleeding heart liberal attorney will argue that the thief was disadvantaged as a youth and should be allowed leniency.

solidaxle 07-05-2019 03:34 PM

Glad to hear they recovered the car. Let me caution everyone , most people with antique cars have antique insurance. It's very reasonable in cost, however there are restrictions and limitations. The companies I have dealt with strictly prohibit going to restaurants. The insurance company would have a very good case not to pay out a claim for a stolen vehicle if stolen from a restaurant parking lot.

1931 flamingo 07-05-2019 05:14 PM

Whenever a car is stolen w/in a 10-15 mi radius of Hartford, CT the "officers" go to a certain disadvantaged "kids" home. He admits to 100+.
Paul in CT

B-O-B 07-05-2019 05:25 PM

Looks like the keys are still in the ign switch in the first batch of pictures. Bad habit to get into.

TJ 07-05-2019 06:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by solidaxle (Post 1774543)
Glad to hear they recovered the car. Let me caution everyone , most people with antique cars have antique insurance. It's very reasonable in cost, however there are restrictions and limitations. The companies I have dealt with strictly prohibit going to restaurants. The insurance company would have a very good case not to pay out a claim for a stolen vehicle if stolen from a restaurant parking lot.

Never head of a company that wouldn't pay if the car was in a restaurant parking lot. Common sense tells me if you are on your way to a show or tour you may have to stop to eat.

philipswanson 07-05-2019 07:42 PM

So which insurance company is best to stay covered in this scenario at a restaurant?