The Ford Barn

The Ford Barn (https://www.fordbarn.com/forum/index.php)
-   Model A (1928-31) (https://www.fordbarn.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   New to the forum (https://www.fordbarn.com/forum/showthread.php?t=239105)

TJMack 02-12-2018 07:53 PM

New to the forum

Greetings to all ! This is my first post to The Ford Barn, and I must tell you up front that I’m not that big on a lot of chat on forums. I’m not knocking it, just telling it like it is. If I have something to contribute I’ll try to accommodate, but I don’t always check forums that often. Usually it's when I have something to investigate.

I bought my first ever Model A last year and have had a lot of fun and interesting experiences with it already. I’ll share some in other posts in hopes that some other newbies might be able to benefit from my experiences. I’m sure nothing I post will be new to the very experienced, knowledgeable voices that I have seen in various posts that I’ve looked at already, but they might get a laugh or two out of some of my exploits.

I’ll start with the story of how I got it. “Garage Sale Model A”

WHN 02-12-2018 08:00 PM

Re: New to the forum

Do you keep you Model A in Marcy?

That’s a great area to drive antique cars, but not in the winter.

Welcome.

TJMack 02-12-2018 09:04 PM

No, it's in Venice Florida. Marcy is a great place to be from in the winter.

Growley bear 02-13-2018 09:35 AM

Welcome

burner31 02-13-2018 10:18 AM

You don't always have to reply to anything, but you will find the Ford
Barn to be habit forming. And words may be nice...but pictures speak volumes.
WELCOME TO THE BARN.

Easy way for pics:
Click the "blue post reply" lower left bottom of page, when text box opens, in the top middle of the bar you will see a "paperclip" click that, a window will open "manage attachments" click "choose file" then pick your picture, after you picked up to seven pics click the top "upload" on the right hand side of the text box, wait for it to upload.
You must type something, anything into the text box message, scroll down to see "preview post" at bottom of your text box, you should see your message as it will appear when you post, if you like it click "submit reply" to post.
Easy-cheesy

1931 flamingo 02-13-2018 01:37 PM

WELCOME ! ! ! !
Paul in CT

JDupuis 02-13-2018 02:37 PM

Glad you finally made your presence known. Welcome. Jeff

Sparky 02-13-2018 04:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TJMack (Post 1592352)
No, it's in Venice Florida. Marcy is a great place to be from in the winter.

That's for sure, I lived in Whitesboro for ten years!

TJMack 02-13-2018 07:45 PM

3 Attachment(s)
Here are a few pictures of the car as I found it. The second one is before I had even taken the covers off. It still looks the same today. A lady asked me if I was restoring it and I replied "yes, and it's all done.":o

BTW, Thanks, Keith (Burner 31) for the tips on posting pictures. It was a snap after I figured out that some need to be resized in order to attach them..

mhsprecher 02-13-2018 09:47 PM

Way cool.

Liberty Garage 02-15-2018 09:34 AM

Very nice, love the look!