The Ford Barn

The Ford Barn (https://www.fordbarn.com/forum/index.php)
-   Model A (1928-31) (https://www.fordbarn.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Ford Museum (mostly) museum virtual tour (https://www.fordbarn.com/forum/showthread.php?t=85006)

billjones 10-03-2012 06:16 PM

Ford Museum (mostly) museum virtual tour

I posted this before (but not here) and received some great suggestions, here is the same tour but with a lot added, check out the turntable shots and all the new drivers POV panoramas. Most had trouble figuring out what to do so I created a tour map that should help get around. The panoramas will turn but it's not automatic, you have to turn the pano with the mouse or click on the circular icon. Have fun and give feedback. This is my resume to be submitted to museums, car, air and train. So feedback is very important to me.

I have also added more shots in the image galleries.

M work consist of developing virtual tours, I had the opportunity to do a excellent collection and just wanted to share with all. There are numerous way to navigate but to view interiors and the standard image galleries you need to use the drop down menu in the upper left.

http://rhmpano.com/tours/kenaustincars/

enjoy.

billjones 10-05-2012 06:29 PM

Re: Ford Museum (mostly) museum virtual tour

I can see I have visitors.

The problem I have is not knowing what you did out there. So it's hard to either anticipate what you want to look at, or if you did look at it.

Every car out there has it's own image gallery.

There are now 23 interior panoramas (drivers view). Use the tour map to get around.

One car is on a turntable and you watch it go around in circles, one revolution with the doors closed, one with everything open. That consisted of 192 separate shots.

So what did you see and what didn't you see, and if not, why not? All links work on my end, but maybe not yours.

If I don't know it's broke I can't fix it.

That's what I need to know

[email protected] 10-05-2012 06:39 PM

Does not open with my IPAD 2. xml parsing failed!

foxfire42 10-05-2012 06:55 PM

WOW!!!! That was a fun tour. It took me a bit (being computer challenged) to get my mouse slowed down so I wouldn't whiz by everything or go in circles viewing the ceiling.

I'll go back when I have more time to play and enjoy.

barnstuf 10-05-2012 07:48 PM

I get a black screen with a message in a box in the middle with words BLOCKED PLUG IN. I have never seen this block message before.

Doug in NJ 10-05-2012 07:56 PM

It works for me (Windows 7 PC with Firefox), and looks real nice. But the arrow keys and mouse are super-sensitive. Is there any way to make it react more slowly?

Doug

700rpm 10-05-2012 08:23 PM

This works fine on my Mac, though it would be nice if I could slow down the movement a little bit. Maybe I can figure that out with a little more time on the site. Thanks for posting.

gosloturbo 10-05-2012 08:26 PM

very nice!

1st_model_a 10-06-2012 09:27 AM

I get a black screen with "fatal error. XML parsing fails" on ipad1

J Franklin 10-06-2012 11:27 AM

Mine works ok

Great Lakes Greg 10-06-2012 12:08 PM

I thought it worked well. I was able to get right up on that neat little Austin.
A well lit and tidy shop is always nice to go through.

billjones 10-06-2012 12:38 PM

I need an ipad to track that done, to bad they don't support flash, although the tour is dual flash/html5

harleyjj 10-06-2012 01:23 PM

wow nice collection!

2manycars 10-06-2012 02:27 PM

That was great. It worked fine on my mac, once I turned on flash. I usually keep flash turned off to eliminate all the blinking ads on some web sites.

Ice man 10-06-2012 02:39 PM

Where is this at. I will be traveling up in a few. Maybe I can fit it in my plans. Iceman

Huckster 10-06-2012 02:45 PM

Very interesting!!

Afordman31 10-06-2012 03:01 PM

Very enjoyable, thank you for sharing.

billjones 10-06-2012 05:22 PM

The shop/museum is at Austin Industries in Newberg Oregon.

ctlikon0712 10-06-2012 06:51 PM

That was great, thank you for posting, a few questions though..... Is that a real ARDUN head V8 or a mockup? And I couldn't read the sign about the 30's Lincoln, what year is it. I loved the 30 Roadster Pickup!

billjones 10-06-2012 08:25 PM

It's a mock up, ken designed and manufactures the intake manifold.