The Ford Barn

The Ford Barn (https://www.fordbarn.com/forum/index.php)
-   Model A (1928-31) (https://www.fordbarn.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Trexeltown?????? (https://www.fordbarn.com/forum/showthread.php?t=263913)

cuddles1 05-25-2019 04:15 PM

Trexeltown??????

Any one with info on the Model A show at trexeltown 5-18-19; would appreciate hearing ------ I was told the show BOMBED ?????/ Thanks

62pan 05-26-2019 01:20 PM

Re: Trexeltown??????

Can't help but I was disappointed in the fact it was the same date as the Jalopy Showdown. I enjoyed it last year and I hope I can make it next year.

Terry, NJ 05-26-2019 07:31 PM

I was there, I wouldn't say it bombed, in fact , quite the opposite! But it seemed like the same number of people at this year's show or slightly less. The show had been growing every year since it's start, but that was in Hellertown. But it outgrew the grounds in Hellertown and had to be moved. For me, The show was kind of a bust, didn't sell much. But I was able to buy a box full of shock absorbers for the "Right" price. And the real treat was when someone pulled up with a trailer with two Town Cars, one a panel/delivery truck and one a sedan in really admirable condition. It's not often you get to see one, let alone two. All in all, a good day! But the date clashed with at least two others that I knew of, Jacktown is one and and there was another that my memory can't recall right now!
Terry

jm29henry 05-26-2019 09:38 PM

Terry did you take any pictures of the town cars and if so could you please post them Thanks Joe.

62pan 05-27-2019 07:37 AM

Terry, thanks for the update.

chl 05-27-2019 07:58 AM

The town cars belonged to the late Tim Kelly of Connecticut. His son brought them to the show Along with a few things for sale. I thanked him for bringing those special cars all that way and that his dad will be missed.

ronn 05-27-2019 11:17 AM

dam sorry I didnt get to see the towncars!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

wow!

Terry, NJ 05-27-2019 12:28 PM

I will post my pics just as soon as they load. Some of you may know of the troubles I'm having with my Kodak "Easy Share" program. There's nothing "easy" about it!
Terry

Terry, NJ 05-27-2019 12:38 PM

3 Attachment(s)
I'm posting a Town Car from the last year the show was at Renningers. Also, The Mod A from (1903?) last year in Trexlertown.
Terry

mjw 05-28-2019 05:45 PM

I was there with a spot, I'm not a dealer but for $10.00 its a great way to pass on the extra stuff I have, especially the small stuff I don't want to ship. I got there around 7:30ish and was pretty much cleaned out of my big stuff by 9am, before the official start to the swap, and was done by noon.

Lots of great cars there but it was such a nice day, after weeks of crappy weekend weather, I think everyone left early to drive.