The Ford Barn

The Ford Barn (https://www.fordbarn.com/forum/index.php)
-   Early V8 (1932-53) (https://www.fordbarn.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   My Early Ford Store Adventure (https://www.fordbarn.com/forum/showthread.php?t=27718)

1oldtimer 02-02-2011 10:06 PM

Re: My Early Ford Store Adventure

now your letting out the hidden jems around here.............:D:D

glad to see you made it home ok........how's the snow?

~~Walts37~~ 02-02-2011 10:09 PM

WoW

Tim Ayers 02-02-2011 10:15 PM

My goodness, seems like a little bit of heaven right here in earth. Dang, that looks awesome.

Model A Fan 02-03-2011 01:14 AM

Wow, I would love to go there sometime. How are their prices?

Hotrodladycrusr 02-03-2011 08:56 AM

I glad you guys are enjoying the thread.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Strick (Post 154136)
I was there Friday too before the GNRS show opened up. Didn't see ya Denise

We hit the EFS late afternoon cuz I had a participants pass so we got into the show early on Friday which is what I like to do that way I can take some photos before the crowd arrives.

Quote:

Originally Posted by 1oldtimer (Post 154142)
now your letting out the hidden jems around here.............:D:D
You know me, I like to spill all the secrets :D

glad to see you made it home ok........how's the snow?

Deep, cold and wet :p

Quote:

Originally Posted by Model A Fan (Post 154231)
How are their prices?

They didn't seem that bad but then again I don't make it a habit of buying FORD parts.:D The guy I was with didn't complain about the prices of the stuff he bought if that is any indication.

fourtydlx 02-03-2011 10:33 AM

Mike,and bill are the best,been going there for years,if they don't have it, check back in a month they will,Bill is on the road most of the time looking for parts. Ilive close.

Django 02-03-2011 12:08 PM

Pics of their place never get old. Thanks Denise!

JM 35 Sedan 02-03-2011 12:19 PM

Thanks for the post Denise. I wish I had stopped in there during my wild west trip last October.

Brent 02-03-2011 12:37 PM

Denise, is there an early Ford in your future? This site would benefit from you getting a Ford, for sure.

FlatheadTed 02-03-2011 01:16 PM

Great stuff

Hotrodladycrusr 02-03-2011 01:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JM 35 Sedan (Post 154425)
Thanks for the post Denise. I wish I had stopped in there during my wild west trip last October.

There's always next time. ;)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brent (Post 154439)
Denise, is there an early Ford in your future? This site would benefit from you getting a Ford, for sure.

Thanks for the compliment bud!
I really would like a '32 Oldsmobile roadster built in a traditional hot rod style but alas unless I want to give up all the traveling I do with my disposable income it's not going to happen and I can't see myself not traveling for a few years just to save money for another car.

Perhaps a boyfriend with an old Ford might be the ticket huh?? :D

Brent 02-03-2011 02:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hotrodladycrusr (Post 154490)

I really would like a '32 Oldsmobile roadster built in a traditional hot rod style but alas unless I want to give up all the traveling I do with my disposable income it's not going to happen and I can't see myself not traveling for a few years just to save money for another car.

Denise, You may be on to something! :D I think it'd be a pretty major feat to match the style/quality of Big Olds. I checked it out a bunch one afternoon at the Nugget... it's gorgeous.

Anyway... this place could use a little bit of your touch.

Bruce Lancaster 02-03-2011 03:59 PM

While in California...totally different, but same knock-your-eyes-out impact:

The Modern Flathead — Engine parts
9103 East Garvey Avenue
Rosemead, CA 91770
(626) 572-0938

Ignore the name...they run/ran multiple early Ford product lines out of there with a lot of different names. Phone # may or may not still be right (check Elmo Rodge/search HAMB if enlightenment needed), and they are still waiting to see if the computer fad is worth checking out.
Half museum, half unusual speeed equipment/parts store, nothing you'll see elsewhere and far better than Disneyland.
I have dealt with the place since the early '60s...they were an enigma even then. When I finally got to visit, I chose them over the Petersen in my limited time in LA, and have NO regrets.

(PS...if you have Megan along, they sell everything she has ever imagined for her Model A)

Bill in Al 02-03-2011 05:41 PM

Holy cow! Thank you Ma'am !!

Django 02-03-2011 05:58 PM

Haha, your goose will be cooked when she sees that you called her "Ma'am". :D hahaha!

1oldtimer 02-04-2011 01:24 AM

ok now i REALLY have to go there, wanye told me too awhile ago too........

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bruce Lancaster (Post 154563)
While in California...totally different, but same knock-your-eyes-out impact:

The Modern Flathead Engine parts
9103 East Garvey Avenue
Rosemead, CA 91770
(626) 572-0938

Ignore the name...they run/ran multiple early Ford product lines out of there with a lot of different names. Phone # may or may not still be right (check Elmo Rodge/search HAMB if enlightenment needed), and they are still waiting to see if the computer fad is worth checking out.
Half museum, half unusual speeed equipment/parts store, nothing you'll see elsewhere and far better than Disneyland.
I have dealt with the place since the early '60s...they were an enigma even then. When I finally got to visit, I chose them over the Petersen in my limited time in LA, and have NO regrets.

(PS...if you have Megan along, they sell everything she has ever imagined for her Model A)

Fairlane500 02-04-2011 01:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hotrodladycrusr (Post 154490)
There's always next time. ;)

Yeah I can see a Flathead Ford V8 powered car in your future Denise, a true Hot Rod Lady Cruiser, great coverage of a really cool shop, thanks for posting.

amodel25 02-04-2011 07:30 AM

Great pictures........except...........your smilin' face is not in any of them!!

Hotrodladycrusr 02-04-2011 08:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Django (Post 154645)
Haha, your goose will be cooked when she sees that you called her "Ma'am". :D hahaha!

He's south of the Mason-Dixon line so I'm going to let it slide and chalk it up to good manners as opposed to thinking I'm old. :D

Quote:

Originally Posted by amodel25 (Post 154900)
Great pictures........except...........your smilin' face is not in any of them!!

Well aren't you sweet :o

TomT/Williamsburg 02-04-2011 08:33 AM

That is unreal - thanks for the pics, Denise - sure wish I lived a little closer to the place - I'd be there every weekend!!