The Ford Barn

The Ford Barn (https://www.fordbarn.com/forum/index.php)
-   Model A (1928-31) (https://www.fordbarn.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Model A Day in Sharon photos (https://www.fordbarn.com/forum/showthread.php?t=299554)

Mike Peters 06-06-2021 07:47 PM

Model A Day in Sharon photos

8 Attachment(s)
It was a good day today. Great turnout of 150 Model A's and everyone had fun. Lots of parts at the swap meet. First photo in the second tow is Marv Tomlinson, who has been selling Model A Parts for 50 years. The bottom two photos are Dennis Kleison of S. California who drove his 29 tudor to Sharon, WI. powered by a new Terry Burtz engine. Dennis reports no problems so far. Said he cruises at 60 MPH.
Thanks to all who attended to make it another great Model A Day in Sharon!

abachman3 06-06-2021 08:23 PM

Re: Model A Day in Sharon photos

It certainly was a beautiful day for a ride into the countryside and ending up in Sharon, WI. Good crowd, good cars and good parts for sale, and of course, being in Wisconsin, good beer!

Jeff/Illinois 06-06-2021 08:40 PM

Dang I missed dennis,,, I was looking for a guy wearing a different hat:eek:

I DID enjoy seeing his Tudor, what a great Model A! The California tags were a dead giveaway, no mistaking the car! And that new motor, wow:):)

I did notice that the attendance numbers were off a bit from the past,, usually the two blocks north of the Funeral Home are full and the street west of the town intersection was low on cars. I think some folks skipped Sharon and headed right over to Oshkosh they'll be back next year. But still plenty to see and a great time.

McMimmcs 06-06-2021 08:48 PM

How many Model A vendors were there ?

psimet 06-06-2021 08:55 PM

Had a great time. My son was looking for a rotor for our distributor and for the first time ever i think i saw him come out of his shell, talk to people, find one, etc. he was happy.

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/202...e97aad6a96.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jeff/Illinois 06-07-2021 07:32 AM

That is great! Good for him!

Neshkoro 06-07-2021 07:49 AM

I was at Sharon yesterday. Had a good time, A bunch of nice cars and many parts.
I had a question for you experts.
I noticed that some of the some of the tudors and fordors had different tops. It seem some of them have the top material wrapped around the top all the way to the tops of the doors. Others stop at about where the top sheet metal radius starts. At first I thought it was a tudor/ fordor difference but I saw both styles on both models. Anyone know the reason?

KenBolton 06-07-2021 07:55 AM

Marv looks good!

psimet 06-07-2021 11:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KenBolton (Post 2024125)
Marv looks good!

That’s who my son bought the rotor from. He was super busy so I didn’t want to waste his time talking but felt like I could have sat there and emptied my bank account in short order. Took his flyer home.

Garwood 06-07-2021 01:00 PM

Thanks for posting some pics. I'm kind of glad I didn't go. If my wife saw that yellow roadster, she would have told me to buy it on the spot.

1931 flamingo 06-07-2021 01:24 PM

It's important for a boy his age to come out of his "shell". I started taking my son to stock car races on Friday nights at Stafford Speedway in CT when he was about 10. I took a wrecker from the garage where I worked part time. We had access to the pits and infield and would get at least one wreck each night. He would wander the pits with a new white t-shirt and a Sharpie pen collecting autographs from the drivers. Great experience and not one driver "blew" him off. Now at 40 he travels all over from St Louis to go to races.
Paul in CT

Jeff/Illinois 06-07-2021 05:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 1931 flamingo (Post 2024221)
It's important for a boy his age to come out of his "shell". I started taking my son to stock car races on Friday nights at Stafford Speedway in CT when he was about 10. I took a wrecker from the garage where I worked part time. We had access to the pits and infield and would get at least one wreck each night. He would wander the pits with a new white t-shirt and a Sharpie pen collecting autographs from the drivers. Great experience and not one driver "blew" him off. Now at 40 he travels all over from St Louis to go to races.
Paul in CT

:):):):)

[email protected] 06-07-2021 07:47 PM

I love that I am up at the MARC National Meet and I keep seeing the new Sharon Model A hats being worn here…. Lots of people made it to both events!

denniskliesen 06-08-2021 02:00 PM

I made the trip to Sharon on Friday and again on Sunday. Sharon Model A Day is definitely a must go to event. Too many Model A’s to count, lots of people wearing Model A clothes young and old and live music. Great food. Wonderful people in Sharon and enjoyed the scenery. It’s great to get out in the country and see corn fields and beautiful farm houses and old barns. I’ve met a lot of the people here on Ford barn, great people to be around. [email protected] and his wife caravanned to Oshkosh with me. There hasn’t been a dull moment since I’ve been here. I feel very fortunate to have been able to attend the events and meet so many great people. And it’s been quite an adventure driving my Model A with my new Terry Burtz engine with no problems from Southern California logging 2,700 miles.