The Ford Barn

The Ford Barn (https://www.fordbarn.com/forum/index.php)
-   Model A (1928-31) (https://www.fordbarn.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   MAFCA Spring opener in Quincy Ca (https://www.fordbarn.com/forum/showthread.php?t=215823)

Tiny 03-01-2017 03:50 PM

MAFCA Spring opener in Quincy Ca

So who's going to the Spring Opener? This will be my first regional event I've attended in a Model A. I've been to the Roundup a few times but in a modern ride. I quite excited, the Redding Rambling A's should have at least 3 cars there. Now everyone pray for sunshine:D

Tiny 03-02-2017 03:07 PM

Re: MAFCA Spring opener in Quincy Ca

Gee, I hope I'm not all alone.

BILL WILLIAMSON 03-02-2017 04:15 PM

Ron Rude will be there---He lives in Quincy.
Bill W.

Tiny 03-03-2017 11:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BILL WILLIAMSON (Post 1436995)
Ron Rude will be there---He lives in Quincy.
Bill W.

I met him at Turlock this year. Great guy, I'm hoping he'll have his truck out at the event. I would love to see it in person.

Herb Concord Ca 03-03-2017 08:29 PM

The Diablo A's will be there, 4 or 5 cars.

Tiny 05-04-2017 10:46 AM

Anyone else? The Redding Rambling A's are leaving bright an early tomorrow morning with 4 cars. I know rain is predicted but I'm driving my speedster anyway. I don't want to hear any complaints from you guys with roofs, fenders, hoods, and doors!! :D

California Travieso 05-04-2017 12:14 PM

Tiny,

You're a brave man for sure. That's half way down the State of California, at least 500 miles from Redding, in a speedster. They are predicting rain and possibly hail here in Southern Cal on Sunday, so the real Northern California (above the Bay Area) may get something Friday or Saturday.

The Redlands Bycycle Classic started yesterday in 90 degree heat in my home town of Redlands. It will go through Sunday in rain. Crazy weather for sure, although nothing like the deluge that the Midwest guys are experiencing.

Have a safe trip,

David Serrano

Tiny 05-04-2017 12:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by California Travieso (Post 1467992)
Tiny,

You're a brave man for sure. That's half way down the State of California, at least 500 miles from Redding, in a speedster. They are predicting rain and possibly hail here in Southern Cal on Sunday, so the real Northern California (above the Bay Area) may get something Friday or Saturday.

The Redlands Bycycle Classic started yesterday in 90 degree heat in my home town of Redlands. It will go through Sunday in rain. Crazy weather for sure, although nothing like the deluge that the Midwest guys are experiencing.

Have a safe trip,

David Serrano

Thanks David
It's really only about 200 miles each way. The highway is 150 each way but I take country roads whenever possible. It was 99 in Redding yesterday:eek:. The lows for this weekend are predicted in the 30's up in Quincy though with a small chance for snow. Really I don't think it will be much rain or snow, maybe just some drizzle:cool: