The Ford Barn

The Ford Barn (https://www.fordbarn.com/forum/index.php)
-   Early V8 (1932-53) (https://www.fordbarn.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   Thank you to Don Rogers (https://www.fordbarn.com/forum/showthread.php?t=285905)

JSeery 08-20-2020 02:36 PM

Thank you to Don Rogers

A big thank you to Don Rogers! He is a very knowledgeable and helpful individual. I know this is not news to Barn members, but still needs to be stated IMO.

petehoovie 08-20-2020 02:43 PM

Re: Thank you to Don Rogers

Ditto on that!

V8ER 08-20-2020 02:45 PM

He certainly is!

rockfla 08-20-2020 03:18 PM

X's 3, I've used Don's wise council that we had at the 2007 Grand National (on the show field) more times than I can recall.....and continues to serve me and is part of my repertoire with my customer when needed to this day!!!!

Don Rogers 08-20-2020 08:16 PM

I'm blushing!!!!

DavidG 08-21-2020 03:23 PM

The compliments are all well deserved, my very good friend.

Kube 08-21-2020 04:27 PM

Don,
I've held back commenting a bit as I know you are a humble man. Yet another redeeming quality.

The reality is, you deserve the accolades. Heck, I can't help but think of all you've taught me to date about my '36 roadster.
Thank you Don.

36 ford 08-21-2020 07:18 PM

That's a big 10-4 on Don, Tony, Jerry, David G and Pete. You folks make this a wonderful classroom to learn V8 stuff. Many thanks !

Phil

TJ 08-21-2020 07:35 PM

Just for information Don and David G have done those great books for the Early Ford V-8 Club and it was done without compensation. These guys do it for the love of old Fords and the love of preserving history. We can add Kube to this list when the '40 book is published. I've had the privilege of working with these guys and I know what it takes to gather the information and put it into book form. We are so lucky to have volunteers like these guys to pass along the information we all seek for our old Fords.

JM 35 Sedan 08-21-2020 08:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TJ (Post 1922624)
Just for information Don and David G have done those great books for the Early Ford V-8 Club and it was done without compensation. These guys do it for the love of old Fords and the love of preserving history. We can add Kube to this list when the '40 book is published. I've had the privilege of working with these guys and I know what it takes to gather the information and put it into book form. We are so lucky to have volunteers like these guys to pass along the information we all seek for our old Fords.

My thanks goes to these guys as well, I'd be lost without their great reference books, plus all the information they so willing give on these forums, and in person at club meets and shows.

A bones 08-22-2020 06:03 PM

My stance is knowing, mainly, the offerings of The Ford Barn. All of the steady constant contributors are unimaginably valuable.

Don Rogers and Others who keep history afloat, are heroes.

The ace restorers, and problem solving sharers, ( Y'all know who ya are ) put this board on top.

Thank You all.