The Ford Barn

The Ford Barn (https://www.fordbarn.com/forum/index.php)
-   Early V8 (1932-53) (https://www.fordbarn.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   Still Amazing how things happen (https://www.fordbarn.com/forum/showthread.php?t=273891)

rockfla 12-10-2019 03:20 PM

Still Amazing how things happen

3 Attachment(s)
Okay
I know most here on the barn could care less about the European V8's.....BUT you still have to be amazed with this score. I.. (We....dad and me) are of the maybe 5 or so collectors in the world who A)care about the Euro's.........B) are one of maybe 50 or so who own one (OR more) Euro V8 and thus I follow and hunt many areas on line for the "hard to find" or "Euro only" parts of these cars. I hadn't searched one area of a particular sight in awhile and just happened to go looking and the first thing that popped up were these "Ford Script" trafficators. As we come to the end of our 32 project these are the "absolute" icing on the cake!!! Can't tell you how unusual and difficult these are to find. Just thought I'd share my elation and excitement as we are about the only ones who need or want them and can 'USE" them most of all!!!

Tim Ayers 12-10-2019 03:47 PM

Re: Still Amazing how things happen

I really appreciate your enthusiasm for finding cool stuff. I'm sure these were like finding a needle in a haystack.

rockfla 12-10-2019 04:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tim Ayers (Post 1830256)
I really appreciate your enthusiasm for finding cool stuff. I'm sure these were like finding a needle in a haystack.

Thanks Tim
Yes it is BUT its more amazing that these were one of the last thing on our car to get installed and holding it from getting done....we were still working with a fitment issue and just how to make a part work (A missing piece piece on our existing ones) and low these pop up.....NOT only "Ford Script" BUT complete with the missing part SO its just amazing the timing and the fact we really needed them!!!!

Charlie ny 12-10-2019 04:15 PM

Robert.........Let me test those babies out on my '32 pickup, I'll have them back to you in no more than 30 years.
Charlie ny

51 MERC-CT 12-10-2019 04:26 PM

Have seen the built in 'Semaphores' on European cars.
These seem to be optional equipment.
Generally, where on the vehicle were they mounted?

KiWinUS 12-10-2019 04:34 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Great score. You deserve them.
This stunning gem was in a collection I visited last time back in New Zealand is it Euro or English.
Cheers
Tony

tubman 12-10-2019 04:36 PM

Congratulations! Sometimes things just work out right. About 20 years ago, I broke a stock exhaust rocker arm on the Engle roller cam in the Hemi in my dirt modified. The very next weekend at a swap meet I was digging through a bunch of junk looking for one measly stock exhaust rocker arm when I found 7 Donovan forged units. The price? A princely $35! It took me a year to find the eighth rocker and it cost me $75. (I ran with 7 forged and one stock the rest of the year; I had spares.:D)

rockfla 12-10-2019 04:49 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by 51 MERC-CT (Post 1830270)
Have seen the built in 'Semaphores' on European cars.
These seem to be optional equipment.
Generally, where on the vehicle were they mounted?

In the earlier years i.e 1928ish to at least to 1932 they were an "add-on" per se' (as the were "required" in some countries) as opposed to built in. Here is where and how they fit on the "A" pillar partially obscured by the fog light on the left!!! By 33/34 they started either building them into the A Pillar OR putting them mounted just behind the door almost door handle height!!! As most VW fans know they were cared on through 1957 on all Euro spec VW's on the B Pillar of the bug half way up the side windows of the car.

V8COOPMAN 12-10-2019 05:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KiWinUS (Post 1830273)
Great score. You deserve them.
This stunning gem was in a collection I visited last time back in New Zealand is it Euro or English.
Cheers
Tony

Now Tony....Is that one of those ''36-ish'' '37s...or is it a ''37-ish'' '36? DD

https://www.fordbarn.com/forum/attac...2&d=1576014141

DavidG 12-10-2019 05:47 PM

Great find, Robert.

OldDad 12-10-2019 07:30 PM

Amazing, you must have done something right in a former life!

I'd like a pair about two feet long for the '39 1-1/2 ton . . .

KiWinUS 12-10-2019 08:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by V8COOPMAN (Post 1830304)
Now Tony....Is that one of those ''36-ish'' '37s...or is it a ''37-ish'' '36? DD

https://www.fordbarn.com/forum/attac...2&d=1576014141

Not sure myself DD super nice original car with beautiful original leather upholstery

rockfla 12-11-2019 11:09 AM

3 Attachment(s)
I think Tony's picture is of a "Matford" (possibly earlier than my two pic's -OR- the English counterpart), here is the "36-ish 37" you speak of and can see the difference.