The Ford Barn

The Ford Barn (https://www.fordbarn.com/forum/index.php)
-   Early V8 (1932-53) (https://www.fordbarn.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   Photos In Fordbarn Swap Meet section? (https://www.fordbarn.com/forum/showthread.php?t=261830)

19Fordy 04-14-2019 10:03 AM

Photos In Fordbarn Swap Meet section?

I just keep wondering:

Why folks don't include photos of the parts they are
selling in The Swap Meet section?

JM 35 Sedan 04-14-2019 10:54 AM

Re: Photos In Fordbarn Swap Meet section?

I would guess many of the sellers posting for sale ads do not know how to post pictures, and probably don't want to learn.

RalphM 04-14-2019 11:26 AM

I sometimes try to post pictures and they just don’t work. I only have a phone, no digital camera, no computer at home. As far as I know I cannot control the size of my pictures. Some post ok, others don’t. I can’t figure it out.
But your right, an ad with a picture is better for buyer, and seller.

deuce lover 04-14-2019 11:29 AM

Or they are to large.I always take close ups then reduce the size.
and as John says don't want to learn.When I take pics with my phone there is a possibility to reduce them before sending them.If not I send them to my email then use Photoscape software to size them correctly.Frustrating to have to ask and then wait.

GaryU. 04-14-2019 11:48 AM

My beef is with the P.M. section not allowing you to add photos. When I respond to a wanted ad I have to get an email or phone number to send photos too, would be quicker if they could be added to a P.M.

Charlie Stephens 04-14-2019 12:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RalphM (Post 1746846)
I sometimes try to post pictures and they just don’t work. I only have a phone, no digital camera, no computer at home. As far as I know I cannot control the size of my pictures. Some post ok, others don’t. I can’t figure it out.
But your right, an ad with a picture is better for buyer, and seller.

If you have an iPhone contact the apple store about reducing the size of the photos. Problem is all of your photos will be reduced unless you reset it when finished.

Charlie Stephens

Chris Haynes 04-14-2019 01:01 PM

Go to www.photobucket.com and open a free account.
Upload you picture there.
Once uploaded copy the IMG code for your picture and paste it here. No resizing necessary.

https://oi412.photobucket.com/albums...psyn0f7hog.jpg

34fordy 04-14-2019 01:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JM 35 Sedan (Post 1746838)
I would guess many of the sellers posting for sale ads do not know how to post pictures, and probably don't want to learn.

I would like to know why it is so EASY to post pictures on The Hamb and so difficult on this site? It seems to me that the problem is not always that folks "don't want to learn".

mrtexas 04-14-2019 01:11 PM

I have given up on uploading pictures to Fordbarn. Many readers have reported that they can't see them when I do post them. You have to be logged into Fordbarn to see any pictures. So now I upload pictures to Flickr and post a link.

tubman 04-14-2019 01:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 34fordy (Post 1746894)
I would like to know why it is so EASY to post pictures on The Hamb and so difficult on this site? It seems to me that the problem is not always that folks "don't want to learn".

The "H.A.M.B." upgraded their "Bulletin Board" software several years ago. I am sure the picture posting problem was one of the reasons for the change. It was a tremendous amount of work, and just about everybody hated the new software, even though it was a definite improvement. Now everybody loves it, but at the time of the upgrade, just about everybody that posts on both boards expressed how glad they were that the same upgrade wasn't done here.

Charlie Stephens 04-14-2019 01:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chris Haynes (Post 1746890)
Go to www.photobucket.com and open a free account.
Once uploaded copy the IMG code for your picture and paste it here. No resizing necessary.

https://oi412.photobucket.com/albums...psyn0f7hog.jpg

Photobucket is great until the next time they decide to charge you $400+ a year to host your pictures. Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on me.

Charlie Stephens

51 MERC-CT 04-14-2019 02:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GaryU. (Post 1746851)
My beef is with the P.M. section not allowing you to add photos. When I respond to a wanted ad I have to get an email or phone number to send photos too, would be quicker if they could be added to a P.M.

Have added photos on several occasions in PM's.
You have the ability to create Albums in your profile page. (Your own little Photobucket)
Create an album and add properly sized photos and open each one from the thumbnail, then copy the (IMG) code/s and paste each one after your message.
Don't know if this will work in the Swap section, but it should.

NO NEED FOR PHOTOBUCKET

This demo shows the location of (IMG) code

https://www.fordbarn.com/forum/pictu...ictureid=41560

oldredford 04-14-2019 04:11 PM

Got tired of trying to post pictures. No luck.

JSeery 04-14-2019 04:24 PM

I like the HAMB setup, but a lot of people didn't, so the Barn was never updated. Older crowd that is more resistant to change. :)

mrtexas 04-14-2019 07:09 PM

Another forum I look at converted to Facebook. Way easier to post pictures. But then again some don't like Facebook.

JSeery 04-14-2019 07:26 PM

It's easy to post photos here! They just have to meet the size requirements.

paul2748 04-14-2019 07:28 PM

I have no problem posting pictures. The procedure has been discussed a number of times here. All you have to do is follow the steps. This procedure may not apply with a phone. I use a digital camera for the picture and then upload t my computer

Randy in ca 04-14-2019 07:35 PM

[QUOTE=Chris Haynes;1746890]Go to www.photobucket.com and open a free account.

-
Like the one you posted in this thread? :rolleyes::rolleyes:

-
https://www.fordbarn.com/forum/showthread.php?t=261473

JSeery 04-14-2019 08:12 PM

The problem with the non-embedded photos is they disappear over time. You see this all the time on forums. Very interesting post with the photos no longer available!

cas3 04-14-2019 09:36 PM

i cant agree more! i try to search before i ask, and so many of the old post have a photo thats gone. randy in ca...thats too funny! i live in the boondocks, and use a verizon hotspot for laptop hookup in the shop. 99% of the time its fine. but certain folks, its always the same ones, post such high resolution pics it takes a while to load up. its mainly when i check the "vintage shots from days gone by" on the hamb, my daily coffee start, and it always the same guys that make it load slow. not whimpering, its just how it is. i use a digital camera, and i set the resolution as low as it will go, put the card in a card reader, plug it in the computer and away you go. we are not trying to counterfeit money, or reproduce art so the low setting is fine with me. it always works, no matter what forum, ebay, craigslist, whatever, it works