The Ford Barn

The Ford Barn (https://www.fordbarn.com/forum/index.php)
-   Early V8 (1932-53) (https://www.fordbarn.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   How about a place to post CL ads? (https://www.fordbarn.com/forum/showthread.php?t=264463)

38bill 06-05-2019 04:03 PM

How about a place to post CL ads?

I don't believe that there is anyplace here to post links to early Ford Craigslist ads. I belong to several other sites (not car) that have such a thing and I think its great. Lately there has been a lot of nice looking cars as well as parts for sale on my local CL and it would be nice to share them. What do you think?

Here's an example:

https://mankato.craigslist.org/cto/d...900510462.html

A bones 06-05-2019 05:52 PM

Re: How about a place to post CL ads?

I cannot see what prevents anyone who wants to look at that site, to simply do so. Several times people have referred to ads run there, just for critical comments and discussions. As far as someone in search of some certain specific category let them.

What gives me pause is the stories of fraudulent, and malignant representations. :eek:

A bones 06-05-2019 05:54 PM

Duplicated somehow.

corvette8n 06-05-2019 06:09 PM

Looks like the same color as my '41.

Lanny 06-05-2019 11:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by A bones (Post 1764760)
I cannot see what prevents anyone who wants to look at that site, to simply do so. Several times people have referred to ads run there, just for critical comments and discussions. As far as someone in search of some certain specific category let them.

What gives me pause is the stories of fraudulent, and malignant representations. :eek:

================================================== ========

X2
I belong to a big car club that has many cars and parts listed (many Ford),
but I am not going to list any ads here, just in case the car, or parts, or seller
turn out to be problematic. :eek:
I would Not want to end up regretting listing stuff I can't vouch for. ;)

19Fordy 06-06-2019 08:01 AM

It is already possible to Google a nationwide Craigslist search.
No need to re-post CL ad on FB.

EXAMPLE: If you are looking for a 1950 Mercury type the following into Google box.
1950mercury site:craigslist.org
Then click on enter.

Notice, there is a space between what you're looking for and the word "site".

TJ 06-06-2019 08:34 AM

Let people who roam Craigslist do it on their own. No need to post those ads on this site.

petehoovie 06-06-2019 12:22 PM

What 19Forty and TJ said....↑

Dave Castle 06-06-2019 12:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 38bill (Post 1764724)
I don't believe that there is anyplace here to post links to early Ford Craigslist ads. I belong to several other sites (not car) that have such a thing and I think its great. Lately there has been a lot of nice looking cars as well as parts for sale on my local CL and it would be nice to share them. What do you think?

Here's an example:

https://mankato.craigslist.org/cto/d...900510462.html

Great idea, if others do not want to use it, don't !

tomkc1 06-07-2019 04:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 19Fordy (Post 1764925)
No need to re-post CL ad on FB.

EXAMPLE: If you are looking for a 1950 Mercury type the following into Google box.
Then click on enter.

Good tip, 19Fordy. Thanks

Red98 06-08-2019 03:47 PM

The reason posting an interesting link to Craig's List won't work, however interesting, is that the link to that interesting bit changes sooner than one would like. Many people post links which do work for several days but soon the only thing it brings up is a '404' which means page not found. I have my own hosting so when I post something, it lasts, as I'm in control. But anything like CL or photobucket etc is 'time sensitive' and will soon evaporate. Which is often a great frustration when one would like to see it but it's just not there any longer. sigh

Red98 06-08-2019 03:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 19Fordy (Post 1764925)

Then click on enter.

I'm glad to know that. Note there should also be a space between 1950 and Mercury. Google made that correction for me.

38bill 06-08-2019 04:17 PM

Well I think its interesting to see all the different things that show up on CL. Things that I wouldn't necessarily search for but because somebody else though they were interesting and posted a link. If the item sells the link is usually closed, no big deal.