The Ford Barn

The Ford Barn (https://www.fordbarn.com/forum/index.php)
-   Model A (1928-31) (https://www.fordbarn.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Question about posts (https://www.fordbarn.com/forum/showthread.php?t=256120)

Brian in Wheeling 12-13-2018 09:01 PM

Question about posts

To me, it seems like a lot of posts - perhaps recently - don't really have to do with the model A issues. Am I wrong? Maybe so, but I'm a member to see and learn about the cars. I'm probably missing something. Too much unrelated conversation perhaps? Friendship is good so I guess that's what makes the site what it is?
Oh well.

harleynut 12-13-2018 10:26 PM

Re: Question about posts

Brian I disagree to a point with you. I found over the years that I got a lot of very good answers to questions that I asked, and some not so good. The search option has helped me a lot over the years. As in many times that you come across smart ass people that will give you an answer to a problem to belittle you for asking a simple question, I have found there are many more that are happy to answer the question based on there experience. I like this site. If they get off on another direction, so what? Most of them are very knowledgeable older guys that have a lot of experience with As

Mike V. Florida 12-14-2018 12:01 AM

Maybe, maybe, not. If you have a question on a subject you want to learn more about, ask a question. If the thread has nothing to pique your interest pass it by.

J Franklin 12-14-2018 12:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brian in Wheeling (Post 1705549)
To me, it seems like a lot of posts - perhaps recently - don't really have to do with the model A issues. Am I wrong? Maybe so, but I'm a member to see and learn about the cars. I'm probably missing something. Too much unrelated conversation perhaps? Friendship is good so I guess that's what makes the site what it is?
Oh well.

Tell us your interests and ask away, someone will answer and get you started.

Jim/GA 12-14-2018 12:11 AM

I think we are not driving our cars so much this time of year, and maybe not working on them as much, so we don't generate as many questions for this forum. And other activities taking up our time.

Have fun!

dumb person 12-14-2018 01:42 AM

Repairs (mostly) car related, related hobbies, club banter, personal stuff, weird personal stuff, and then stuff i don't know why it exists. That's the order of car related activity i see on here.

Some people have literally no other outlet/inlet for their on or others thoughts. Even the internet only affords them fordbarn. I know i'm limited too in that regard.

Licensed to kill 12-14-2018 02:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brian in Wheeling (Post 1705549)
Oh well.

Do you mean like your post and subsequently, every post that responds to it??........like mine:D:D

Y-Blockhead 12-14-2018 03:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Licensed to kill (Post 1705612)
Do you mean like your post and subsequently, every post that responds to it??........like mine:D:D

Good one... :p:p

updraught 12-14-2018 03:18 AM

There are only 6000 parts on a Model A, so there are 6000 questions and thats it.

Synchro909 12-14-2018 04:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by updraught (Post 1705618)
There are only 6000 parts on a Model A, so there are 6000 questions and thats it.

Then there's different combinations of parts to ask about. Maybe that should be Factorial 6,000.
https://coolconversion.com/math/fact...al-of_6000_%3F

Oldbluoval 12-14-2018 07:48 AM

Name them
I haven't seen much! Went back 4 pages of posts and
saw one. It had to do with "delete" so not so far off base

holdover 12-14-2018 09:27 AM

I like to think that this site is a community of friends who have an interest in Model As. When one of us has a problem we post it and get answers or do a search for a solution. We also discuss events, projects, family, all the things that make up life.

30 Closed Cab PU 12-14-2018 11:33 AM

Depends on what the individual wants to get out of the Forum. I see your point if you want only Technical info.

Personally I enjoy all posts/opinions/observations/facts since it is an open forum where the members posts are respectful and informative, with a mix of humor.

rfitzpatrick 12-14-2018 11:48 AM

My Gosh! I find so much information here and on the links to other Fords! And it's FREE --

michael a 12-15-2018 10:58 AM

This is just a hard forum to beat. I enjoy all the post here and if I truly get stumpt I can find an answer here. I am old and grouchy and yet these folks put up with me. Blessed one and all

Sent from my SM-J701M using Tapatalk

slammin 12-15-2018 12:29 PM

Other forums offer a category for "off topic" threads. The Barn doesn't so those threads tend to wind up where some people feel they don't belong, holiday greetings, etc. I enjoy most of that banter. If one doesn't, they can skip them.

redmodelt 12-15-2018 01:10 PM

Simple thing not to open and read off topic post. If you put your curser the over the title, the first line or two will show up, if it is not an interest to you move on to the ones that might.

If you have a question ask or do a search of past postings on the subject. Google search using "fordbarn.com;" and what you are looking for works, but only if people put what they are asking as a subject in the title.