The Ford Barn

The Ford Barn (https://www.fordbarn.com/forum/index.php)
-   Model A (1928-31) (https://www.fordbarn.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   29 Radiator Shell & Radiator Fitment. (https://www.fordbarn.com/forum/showthread.php?t=332033)

jayg48anglia 10-14-2023 01:51 PM

29 Radiator Shell & Radiator Fitment.

1 Attachment(s)
I bought my 29 with a 30 radiator shell and a Champion radiator. I want to run a hood so I bought a 29 radiator shell from Bert's and a radiator from a dealer on ebay as Brassworks is backlogged a few months they said. Now the radiator fit to the chassis fine as did the hose connections. I know I am going to get a few I told you so, but I didn't have anything to match it to. The seller has been contacted waiting to hear back. Any thoughts?? THX. Jay

Incognito-A 10-14-2023 02:39 PM

Re: 29 Radiator Shell & Radiator Fitment.

While you are there, could you tell me how much lacing is needed for the ‘29 shell and lower cowl, please and thank you!

nkaminar 10-14-2023 07:01 PM

Snyders has the lacing for $11.50. The listing gives the size.

https://www.snydersantiqueauto.com/p...d=976955&cat=0

Regarding the radiator, you could always make something to block off the sides, like some black painted aluminum sheet. Putting a rock guard on the front will disguise what is underneath.

updraught 10-14-2023 08:51 PM

The side bits and the inlet would be optional extras.
The seller is just looking for them now.

nkaminar 10-15-2023 11:22 AM

Jay, Another option is to stop the payment. I believe that is possible with eBay and PayPal. And then send the radiator back. Your bank can also stop a payment.

Gene F 10-15-2023 03:19 PM

I think they did a "just sell em' something". Plainly this is wrong. If they do not answer promptly stop the payment. Tell your credit card company you can't even get them to contact you back for a return label.

jayg48anglia 10-15-2023 03:40 PM

It looks like the seller is going to make good. The picture saved a lot of back and forth.

The Brassworks 10-26-2023 06:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jayg48anglia (Post 2262579)
I bought my 29 with a 30 radiator shell and a Champion radiator. I want to run a hood so I bought a 29 radiator shell from Bert's and a radiator from a dealer on ebay as Brassworks is backlogged a few months they said. Now the radiator fit to the chassis fine as did the hose connections. I know I am going to get a few I told you so, but I didn't have anything to match it to. The seller has been contacted waiting to hear back. Any thoughts?? THX. Jay

We are ~3-4 weeks out on a Model A Radiator

51504bat 10-26-2023 07:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Brassworks (Post 2265408)
We are ~3-4 weeks out on a Model A Radiator

Well worth the wait. IMO

eagle 10-27-2023 05:10 PM

There have been lots of discussion in previous threads regarding the aluminum radiators from ebay etc. Search them and read others experience. Some have reported very good fit, good performance, some not so much. Kind of caveat emptor, although a little conversation with the seller upfront may help your luck greatly improve. Obviously the radiator the OP got is not a viable option. I saw one once in an A that the owner had got off ebay for a couple hundred bucks that fit perfectly. He'd dusted it wil radiator black and unless you looked close it wasn't noticable. Of course you could see the welds etc but he claimed it worked great and fit right in. The other side of the coin is the OP. Some people jump up and down and declare JUNK! JUNK! but I'd be willing to give one a shot if my A needed it. My pocketbook isn't as fat as a lot of guys though.