The Ford Barn

The Ford Barn (https://www.fordbarn.com/forum/index.php)
-   Model A (1928-31) (https://www.fordbarn.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Hershey Friday am (https://www.fordbarn.com/forum/showthread.php?t=230608)

Wick 10-06-2017 04:55 AM

Hershey Friday am

The weather has been Hot! Rain last night. Going to be a nice day today. Yesterday it was slow getting around because of so many people. Elbow to Elbow on the bridge at times.
80% of my stuff has found a new home. Plenty of new vendors here,deals have been good if you look for them. Found some AR parts for the roadster. Made some new friends and a contact on a stash of nos Ford and KRW items I'll be looking at this fall.

ronn 10-06-2017 09:06 AM

Re: Hershey Friday am

Wick,

you are a mover and a shaker!

JOHN CT 10-06-2017 04:08 PM

I do have a spot in the chocolate field. I purchased a pickup truck load of new model a parts from a retired model a restoration shop. Wednesday morning I set up unloaded some parts at 8 and by 12 o'clock one person stopped by and bought the hole truck load. How lucky am I :) then I spent the next two days walking around and spending my fortune. Life is good here :D:D

Flop 10-06-2017 08:42 PM

Sold just about everything I took .

russcc 10-07-2017 08:59 AM

Any opinions on the best days to sell parts. We were there Tues & Wed. Tues AM & Wed AM were kind of busy, the afternoons were dead. Are Thursday and Friday better days ? Thank you Fordbarners.

SeaSlugs 10-07-2017 09:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by russcc (Post 1536171)
Any opinions on the best days to sell parts. We were there Tues & Wed. Tues AM & Wed AM were kind of busy, the afternoons were dead. Are Thursday and Friday better days ? Thank you Fordbarners.

As with any swap meet i would guess so. Thurs friday are much easier days for people to take off work

ronn 10-07-2017 09:52 AM

Originally Posted by russcc https://www.fordbarn.com/forum/hamb/...s/viewpost.gif
Any opinions on the best days to sell parts. We were there Tues & Wed. Tues AM & Wed AM were kind of busy, the afternoons were dead.

vendors buying from one another for resale...................!

Wick 10-08-2017 05:19 AM

Thursday has been the best day to sell in my spot. 10 am to 3 pm it's busy. Friday is the next best day till 2pm. I keep a note book on what sells and what goes back home. This helps on next year's planning.

Flop 10-08-2017 07:34 AM

Tuesday was the best for me .

Mike 10-09-2017 08:30 AM

I sold 70% of my parts on Tuesday!!
Mike

larrys40 10-09-2017 10:13 AM

I brought a host of spare krw tools and Model a and V8 parts
Had some NOS steel a drums and surprised they didn't sell till the last day. And they were super reasonable! I also brought a nice slant window 4 door to sell for a friend. I didn't get around a lot with selling but it finally sold.

I made many good buys one place behind shwalms had two young boys selling parts for $1 unless marked otherwise . I got two new worms in it and a good axle plus a cart full of other parts. I also made a deal on a new parts vendor losing out and bought the remaining 13 large boxes for 250 and had to condense them down to have enough room to bring home. There were thousands of parts !!! Took me 4 hours to condense.

In my opinion there weren't that many people buying. I was in green field selling and I thought traffic was very slow. Heard that car corral was sales were slow as well.
Sadly there isn't the concentration of parts and good vendors there used to be but more vendors trying to buy from one another cheaply to sell at a profit. As much as it's cool to do Hershey it's so large that it makes it actually more difficult selling wise in my opinion.

Put together a rear axle for a friend while out there and had a good time,
Larry

JOHN CT 10-09-2017 11:31 AM

[QUOTE=larrys40;1537076]

I made many good buys one place behind shwalms had two young boys selling parts for $1 unless marked otherwise . I got two new worms in it and a good axle plus a cart full of other parts. I also made a deal on a new parts vendor losing out and bought the remaining 13 large boxes for 250 and had to condense them down to have enough room to bring home. There were thousands of parts !!! Took me 4 hours to condense

I'm the guy you bought the 13 boxes of parts from. Did everything work out for you?
You got a good buy. I hope you can find a good home for all of those parts :D
Send me a p m and let me know how you make out.

Wick 10-09-2017 01:18 PM

I see the Shwalm boys every year and this time grabbed 2 T rims and a lightweight flywheel from them.
Great kids

larrys40 10-09-2017 03:23 PM

[QUOTE=JOHN CT;1537116]
Quote:

Originally Posted by larrys40 (Post 1537076)

I made many good buys one place behind shwalms had two young boys selling parts for $1 unless marked otherwise . I got two new worms in it and a good axle plus a cart full of other parts. I also made a deal on a new parts vendor losing out and bought the remaining 13 large boxes for 250 and had to condense them down to have enough room to bring home. There were thousands of parts !!! Took me 4 hours to condense

I'm the guy you bought the 13 boxes of parts from. Did everything work out for you?
You got a good buy. I hope you can find a good home for all of those parts :D
Send me a p m and let me know how you make out.

John,
It wouldn't let me PM you.. either PM's aren't set up or something. Yes, I had to condense down all the tins so I could pack for home. Lots of hardware kits and miscellaneous. I do service and restoration work so it will come in handy to the inventory. I have to get my money back a couple of bucks at a time but that's ok.. it's the convenience of having it or if I forget to order something I may have it. Thank you again for a decent deal for both of us. I took a risk as well not checking out the other 11 or so boxes.
Check out your PM's and drop me one when you get a chance.
Hope you found a couple of good finds there as well at the meet!

All the best!
Larry Shepard