The Ford Barn

The Ford Barn (https://www.fordbarn.com/forum/index.php)
-   Early V8 (1932-53) (https://www.fordbarn.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   Who all going to HERSHEY this year (https://www.fordbarn.com/forum/showthread.php?t=229978)

Old Redneck 09-26-2017 04:34 PM

Who all going to HERSHEY this year

I am will be at C4W40 will be taken it easy this year.

Lawson Cox 09-26-2017 04:59 PM

Re: Who all going to HERSHEY this year

Sorry, my Hershey days are over. Can't do all that walking any more, and I refuse to use a "wheel chair" as long as I can walk at least a little bit. Have Fun Redneck.

Seth Swoboda 09-26-2017 05:00 PM

JM35Sedan, Glenn Sanders, Michael Driskell for sure.

Old Redneck 09-26-2017 05:03 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Thank you Mr. Cox My walking days are getting shorter also. I will be in my Motor Home with the Scotty dog on it. Here a picture I hope

glennsanders 09-26-2017 07:01 PM

I be there Thursday Friday Saturday ,after selling parts at carsile PA

v8fordman 09-26-2017 07:39 PM

I will be under light pole 45 in the Chocolate Field. I think I am approaching my 50th Hershey trip and still look forward to it every year. I still remember watching the planes land on the old white field landing strip (when I was young) dreaming of flying my own plane in there. I now have the plane and many parts to carry...plus there are way too many motor homes to dodge while trying to land. Stop by, should have some V8 parts for sale.

mhsprecher 09-26-2017 08:02 PM

I should be there Weds thru Sat. If all goes well, I will have my 45 truck in the show on Saturday, probably not judged.

35fordtn 09-26-2017 11:47 PM

I'l be there with a whole bunch of Junk for sale. I am like a kid in a candy store.... 31 years old and this will be my 28th year there. I miss the old days of the muddy fields.. It made it more interesting.

JM 35 Sedan 09-27-2017 02:58 AM

I'll have my 35 fordor parked next to the old stadium in the red field. Should be there Wed, Thur, & Fri. doing as much walking around as possible. Will have a few early Ford V8 parts there, and could deliver any parts I have listed here in classifieds.
Been going to Hershey since early 70's and only missed a couple shows during that time. Hope to see many of you there.

DavidG 09-27-2017 03:11 AM

My friend Michael's first was my fifteenth, but I was a lot older than three for the first.

stangblue 09-27-2017 06:38 AM

I'll be there C40 36-37. Have some junk also!

woodiewagon46 09-27-2017 06:55 AM

I'm "chomping at the bit". If I could leave today I would. This will be our 49Th Hershey and it's like a pilgrimage. I remember Hershey when all the activity was in the stadium and around it. Changed quite a bit.

Oldbluoval 09-27-2017 07:10 AM

In 43 years, I have missed 2..............unfortunately this year will make it ...3
Far from quitting just facts and circumstances...mostly good, some not so good but not terrible. Life at Hershey got better on pavement and after two hip implants!

Regards and smooth sailing to all!!

Bill U

jagnweiner 09-27-2017 07:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Old Redneck (Post 1532380)
Thank you Mr. Cox My walking days are getting shorter also. I will be in my Motor Home with the Scotty dog on it. Here a picture I hope

That's a good looking rig, Redneck. I've never seen a Class C body like that on a Ram 1 ton pickup chassis.

Cecil/WV 09-27-2017 07:19 AM

I will be there on Thursday at the early Ford V8 Foundation site located by Dennis Carpenter. Come by for NOS early ford parts and don't forget to get your raffle tickets for the '39 Mercury, available thru Thursday and the drawing will be in Indiana on Friday per Indiana gaming laws. Tickets will be driven to Indiana on Thursday night.

Pat/Ohio 09-27-2017 07:25 AM

I will be there! Looking forward to visiting with all the 'Barners! Don't need a thing...but one never knows! Pat

Tim Ayers 09-27-2017 07:28 AM

Sadly, I'm out this year. 25th college reunion that weekend. It breaks my 37 year streak. Have fun all and I hope the Hershey weather gods are smiling on you.

G.M. 09-27-2017 07:46 AM

I guess old age set in a little. I put 8/25/17 on my return air line
ticket from Pa. to Fl. instead of 9/25/17. But it worked out better
because I got a load of small leaks in the roof where I keep most
of my old Fords. I guess I have 25 or 30 ceiling tiles to replace.
One 18"X18" air conditioner ceiling vent fell between the 34 roadster
and 35 phaeton but didn't touch either car. I got back Monday at
2:30 and about 3:30 after I picked up a car I found my roof repair
guy and he was on the job at 9:00 yesterday. He will finish up today.
Have 2 small palm trees leaning a little at my house and will soak the
ground and straighten them up with a come a long. One is blocking
me from getting a car in. About a 4" mangrove fell on the hand rail
of my pier so we will cut the tree up and replace a small section of
rail. I own the local Dunkin Donut store and have 4 small leaks in
that to fix. Will get them tomorrow. Over all not to bad. G.M.

Charlie ny 09-27-2017 08:04 AM

Our Hershey years were GREAT but over too soon. I'll miss John Mason, Jeff Horrocks, Pat Fenner , Jim Kroll, Ken "Redneck" Stewart and the lovely Barb, Danny and Mike Driskell,
the irrepressable Roy Nacewicz ,Zach Suhr and so so many others. These friendships
will endure with me forever !
Charlie ny

my2nd40 09-27-2017 08:59 AM

I'll be there looking for hop up stuff for my model a banger.