The Ford Barn

The Ford Barn (https://www.fordbarn.com/forum/index.php)
-   Model A (1928-31) (https://www.fordbarn.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   New to the forums. (https://www.fordbarn.com/forum/showthread.php?t=96159)

Weaponsusmc 01-30-2013 06:31 PM

New to the forums.

Hello everyone,

First time Model A owner here. Just purchased my first Model A this past week, a beauty of a 1930 coupe. Comming from a muscle car fanatic and 50's car guy, what a change. I drove down to Florida from Ohio to pick her up and have been smiling sense. Great forum you have here and looking forward to gathering a lot of information.. Bill

Dave in MN 01-30-2013 06:45 PM

Re: New to the forums.

Welcome...There is a wealth of knowledge on this forum...and a bit of drama once in awhile. Great bunch of guys! Like the rest of us...learn and laugh with us!
Good Day!

c125bob 01-30-2013 07:30 PM

Welcome ! You will love the hobby and the crowd on here,

1931 flamingo 01-30-2013 07:35 PM

WELCOME ! ! ! ! !

Hope you enjoy it and post some pics if you can.
Don't be afraid to ask questions. There is also a search function at top of the site and it will give you a wealth of info on any subject already posted.

Paul in CT

Aok 01-30-2013 07:56 PM

As others said this is a nice place to visit and there is a tremendous amount of information in the members here. For a start there is a sticky link at the top with some good information.

Bill in SoCal 01-30-2013 08:22 PM

Bill, Welcome. Boy, your 30 coupe looks much better than mine. If you like working with old cars, you are in for a great time, because you can do most everything yourself on a Model As. Bill

Mike V. Florida 01-30-2013 08:37 PM

Welcome!!! This IS the place to find solutions to problems and just plain brag about your A!!

Willie Krash 01-30-2013 10:14 PM

I'm new too. Welcome to the slow lane. Now on the other hand I have a '20 ford roadster and my '30 coupe. That's my muscle car. they're some great people here. I'm finding my way around.
Mike

Tom Wesenberg 01-30-2013 11:56 PM

Welcome, this forum is so good it can not only solve problems, it can also create problems! :D:p

Weaponsusmc 01-31-2013 07:45 AM

Thanks for the welcome everyone. Yesterday we had a small warm spell and I was able to take her for the first spin around the block. Its a learning curve being able to start it, but was a hoot.

mmindling 01-31-2013 07:59 AM

Welcome, fellow Buckeye!!

We have a great Country Roads A Club here in Washington County Ohio,
near Marietta.

When you get everything set up, come and join us for a tour.

Regards,

Martin Mindling Watertown, Ohio 1928 Phaeton

joe plumber 01-31-2013 03:15 PM

Welcome to the barn .Oorah:cool:

30ccpickup 01-31-2013 07:55 PM

Welcome,
This is my site to help the beginner, modelAbasics.com. The true experts are on the Fordbarn.
Paul

ScottNW/Ohio 01-31-2013 08:03 PM

Welcome from Convoy, Ohio !

BILL WILLIAMSON 01-31-2013 09:10 PM

Bill, Bill W. here, WELCOME!
If you haven't already, I would suggest you torque the head bolts to 55 Ft Lbs, cold, as it shows seepage stains! Anyone just buying a Model A should do this FIRST thing!Bill W.

Marco Tahtaras 01-31-2013 10:59 PM

Welcome! My first suggestion would be to purchase a reprint of the original Instruction Book (owners manual) which came with every car when new. It's amazing how few owners have ever even seen one! There is great info even for folks with some experience. As a novice you will truly be surprised at what you will learn quickly.

Most dealers carry them for $10-$15 but not all dealers carry a variety. It would be best to get a reprint specified for 1930 but ANY will be of value in my opinion.

http://abarnyard.com/temp/Books/instbookswap.jpg

Mike V. Florida 01-31-2013 11:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tom Wesenberg (Post 582176)
Welcome, this forum is so good it can not only solve problems, it can also create problems! :D:p

Don't scare him off:eek:

[email protected] 02-01-2013 07:32 AM

That is the great thing about Model A,s. You can keep "fixing" em until they are broken.

Seen lots of good running cars that suddenly don't run because of a "tune up" done by the new owner. Remember sometimes less is more.

John LaVoy 02-01-2013 11:32 AM

Welcome to the hobby. You will find lots of avice here, but I always like to see someone get involved at the local club level. You will find a source for information, special tools etc. and of course more advice. But ususally just friendship and the willing to help a fellow Model A owner.

30ccpickup 02-01-2013 02:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by [email protected] (Post 582906)
That is the great thing about Model A,s. You can keep "fixing" em until they are broken.

Seen lots of good running cars that suddenly don't run because of a "tune up" done by the new owner. Remember sometimes less is more.

It's called learning. It is just best to learn on someone else's car! By the way, anyone need any help?

Paul