The Ford Barn

The Ford Barn (https://www.fordbarn.com/forum/index.php)
-   Model A (1928-31) (https://www.fordbarn.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Not getting fire!! Won't start. PLEASE HELP FAST!! (https://www.fordbarn.com/forum/showthread.php?t=31823)

crotex 03-26-2011 12:34 AM

Re: Not getting fire!! Won't start. PLEASE HELP FAST!!

Whether you are bashing me, or trying to help me. I still would like to say thank you to all of the guys who did take their time to try helping me out. I really do appreciate it. I am sorry if my tastes or knowledge are any different then some of you guys'. I Just turned 22 years old so I am probably in a different generatioin than alot of you and naturally have different tastes than some of you. I am not on here to offend anyone. Thanks for the help.

zzlegend 03-26-2011 09:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by crotex (Post 181944)
Whether you are bashing me, or trying to help me. I still would like to say thank you to all of the guys who did take their time to try helping me out. I really do appreciate it. I am sorry if my tastes or knowledge are any different then some of you guys'. I Just turned 22 years old so I am probably in a different generatioin than alot of you and naturally have different tastes than some of you. I am not on here to offend anyone. Thanks for the help.

Sometimes this can be a rough crowd and some may not know the best way to post response to your question, but most are here to help. Generation gap? Ya........... But since you are only 22, you got a long way to go. Dont let it bother you. Good luck with your project.

Frank Nemo 03-26-2011 09:49 AM

Couldn't agree more with ZZ Legend. Just keep working on getting that "A" to be a running and dependable car. Soak up the good advise you can get on this site and ignore the occasional sarcasm.

When you get things straigtened out with the car please be sure to let us know how the problems were resolved.

Thanks!

TinCup 03-26-2011 09:50 AM

Not only are people here to help but they are here to learn as well. That's why I think it's important to let everyone know your progress. What worked what didn't. Keep at it.

msmaron 03-26-2011 10:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by crotex (Post 181944)
Whether you are bashing me, or trying to help me. I still would like to say thank you to all of the guys who did take their time to try helping me out. I really do appreciate it. I am sorry if my tastes or knowledge are any different then some of you guys'. I Just turned 22 years old so I am probably in a different generation than a lot of you and naturally have different tastes than some of you. I am not on here to offend anyone. Thanks for the help.

The best part is you asked for help and we all responded... How great is Ford Barn or what?!!!

sturgis 39 04-03-2011 10:49 AM

My tank had a lot of junk in it. I bought a little filter that goes on top of the shut off valve. It raises the gas level in the tank and keeps the rust flakes from going to the carb (a stand pipe). I run an inline filter plus the original sediment bowl. The inline filter is a see through plastic one. When it gets brown I change it. I carry an extra flter in the car.

The car would back fire and run poorly when I first started driving it. I did not realize that it was running too lean.

Some day some one will make new model "A" gas tanks. I think they will sell. If some body has a source let me know.

kp 04-03-2011 06:56 PM

Do you know what the problem was with it not getting any fire to the plugs? We all would like an answer and what ever you do put an in the line fuel filter on it, that rust and stuff out of the gasoline tank is gonna cause you more trouble ,just watch the new filter for discoloration.