The Ford Barn

The Ford Barn (https://www.fordbarn.com/forum/index.php)
-   Model A (1928-31) (https://www.fordbarn.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Prayer request (https://www.fordbarn.com/forum/showthread.php?t=47360)

jtbrown29a 09-14-2011 09:20 PM

Re: Prayer request

Prayer works - trust me. Through the prayers of many, I survived cancer. Prayers coming Rowdy's way from Wisconsin.

Elcastor 09-14-2011 10:28 PM

Add one more praying from Oregon! I wish her the very best!!

antiquepa 09-14-2011 10:32 PM

Thought and prayers from wheeling west va.

Russell in Tulsa 09-14-2011 10:39 PM

Prayers for a full and speedy recovery from Oklahoma.

ratamahata 09-14-2011 10:47 PM

Prayers from Argentina.

Mike V. Florida 09-15-2011 08:10 AM

Heavenly Father, watch with us over your child Jessica, and grant that she may be restored to that perfect health which it is yours alone to give. Amen.

Rowdy 09-15-2011 08:47 AM

I also survived cancer with the prayers of many, including the freinds on the old Fordbarn. The support was overwhelming. Now have been cancer free for nearly 4 years. I was given just over a 50% chance of still being alive this long and the doc's are amazed I am cancer free. I know for sure Prayer works. Greatly appriciate the Prayers and support. Rod

Barry B./ Ma. 09-15-2011 12:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mike V. Florida (Post 273731)
Heavenly Father, watch with us over your child Jessica, and grant that she may be restored to that perfect health which it is yours alone to give. Amen.

I second that, well said Mike !

Rowdy 09-17-2011 08:44 AM

Just an update on things. Jessica is still in ICU, and likely will be til mid Oct. She is recovering nicely, but she has a long ways to go. She is showing good signs as the nurses are suprised how strong she is. Getting her unsubdated very slowly as she is suffering from some ICU Delerium and gets very fiesty when she starts to wake up. I think this will be very challanging for all that are involved. Very hard to watch and trying to settle her down as much as I can when needed. Doc's say this is normal and they have a plan in place. The doc seems pleased to see her have control of her muscles, but concerned about her level of activity as she comes to as she could do serious harm to herself in that state. Praying for strength as we tackle the next hurdles. Rod

Gravelroad 09-17-2011 09:01 AM

Get well soon Jessica. Thoughts and prayers are with you from Washington state.

allford 09-17-2011 09:29 AM

In jesus name, she will be made well, from Kentucky.

Ford guy 2 09-17-2011 09:34 AM

Me To From AZ,Pete

Domino 09-17-2011 09:57 AM

Ditto from South Texas. I just chatted with Rod and things are about the same. I am sure he appreciates all
our prayers.

Raven53 09-17-2011 10:01 PM

Children are special in the eyes of the Lord, as they our also in my heart. Nothing is as precious to me as my children and grandchildren. We ask for this young girls health be restored and blessing bestowed upon her family, in Jesus name Amen.

29RPU 09-17-2011 10:17 PM

Amen!

WTSHNN 09-17-2011 10:55 PM

Rowdy,

If she is going to be in there that long, is there anything else we can do? Send her cards? I don't know how old she is but hospitals are boring for any age but maybe pass on books or anything like that?

-Tim

Mike V. Florida 09-18-2011 12:00 AM

Heavenly Father, as you know, our friends' daughter is facing a major health challenge. We ask that you grant him the energy, determination, courage and grace to follow the physicians and their course of treatments, and programs. We ask that you send him your peace and serenity to rest and restore his body, mind and spirit during these times.

Rowdy 09-18-2011 07:57 AM

Raven, you truely must be in touch with God. I read this post very shortly after you posted it. Within seconds of reading it Jessica moved for the first time all day. In recent days she had been responding to voice command and such, but yesterday she had not all day. Needless to say I was getting very worried that her condition was going backwards. Keep up the prayers as we still have a long ways to go. Rod

gpits68 09-18-2011 08:16 AM

you and your family are in our thoughts and prayers Rowdy.

Rowdy 09-18-2011 08:24 AM

At this point mostly prayers. Cards would be good for her to see when she gets more coherent. She is 13 (almost 14) which is an ackward age to buy for. The address is posted below. Thanks again for the continued prayer and support. Rod

Jessica Gage
c/o Children's Hospital & Medical Center
8200 Dodge st. Room 617
Omaha, Ne.
68114-4113

https://www.fordbarn.com/forum/pictur...pictureid=9975

Yes, She Likes Model A's