Go Back   The Ford Barn > General Discussion > Early V8 (1932-53)

Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)

Old 10-22-2011, 03:15 PM   #1
JM 35 Sedan

Default Moonshine Festival in Dawsonville, GA....

....is hopping. The weather is warm and sunny. There are more '39 and '40 Fords here than I have ever seen assembled in one place. Nice old Fords everywhere you look. The courthouse area is packed with people and old cars. Good swap meet. Got a great deal on a nice Stromberg 97 carb, a NOS '36-'35 starter switch, NOS universal joint, several late '36 flattop coils, etc. Food stands everywhere with great southern food. Also, the Ford Galaxie Club is here with more of these cars from late 50's to early 60's than I have ever seen. Met up with Vic Piano and his group from FL. Saw KiwiTony and his nice RHD '36 fordor from NZ. Saw 40cpe's car but didn't see him. Had a great time. Will plan to come back again.
I have taken lots of pictures but will not be able to post them until I get back home.

Nearly 200 of my pictures, taken at the Moonshine Festival and during our tour near Helen, GA, were added to this thread on 11/3/11 beginning on page 2, post #31.

“Vision without execution is just hallucination.” ― Henry Ford

Last edited by JM 35 Sedan; 11-03-2011 at 06:30 PM.
JM 35 Sedan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2011, 04:09 PM   #2
Ray With

Default Re: Moonshine Festival in Dawsonville, GA....

Would love to be able to make it but way to much at home to do so I will plan to make it next year.
Old 10-22-2011, 07:47 PM   #3
40cpe

Wink Re: Moonshine Festival in Dawsonville, GA....

Quote:
Originally Posted by JM 35 Sedan View Post
....is hopping. The weather is warm and sunny. There are more '39 and '40 Fords here than I have ever seen assembled in one place. Nice old Fords everywhere you look. The courthouse area is packed with people and old cars. Good swap meet. Got a great deal on a nice Stromberg 97 carb, a NOS '36-'35 starter switch, NOS universal joint, several late '36 flattop coils, etc. Food stands everywhere with great southern food. Also, the Ford Galaxie Club is here with more of these cars from late 50's to early 60's than I have ever seen. Met up with Vic Piano and his group from FL. Saw KiwiTony and his nice RHD '36 fordor from NZ. Saw 40cpe's car but didn't see him. Had a great time. Will plan to come back again.
I have taken lots of pictures but will not be able to post them until I get back home.
It really was a good show, with near perfect weather. I saw Vic, Steve, Mike, and KiwiTony, and Vic still needs a haircut Lawson.
40cpe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2011, 07:54 PM   #4
40cpe

Don't know what happened, the post just posted itself!

Anyway, Vic and I tried to find JM so I could meet him, but no luck. Maybe next time, JM.

There were more cars by far this year than in any of the five years I've been there, and I think more swap vendors, too.

All in all, a very good weekend. We'll be traveling home tomorrow (Sunday).
Old 10-22-2011, 08:45 PM   #5
Lawson Cox

It really was a good show, with near perfect weather. I saw Vic, Steve, Mike, and KiwiTony, and Vic still needs a haircut Lawson.

Vic uses the money he saves on haircuts to buy wooden Indians. LOL
Lawson Cox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2011, 09:11 PM   #6
JM 35 Sedan

Vic bought a coon skin Davy Crocket cap at one of the gift shops we stopped at on our Friday tour around Helen and Sautee. When he put that cap on you couldn't tell how long his hair was. LOL

Old 10-23-2011, 04:06 AM   #7
Woogeroo

Send a message via Yahoo to Woogeroo

I was there today too, er yesterday... it was awesome watching those Ford Coupes coming around the turn on the way into downtown. Poetry in motion.

I'm glad I went. I never imagined I'd see that many Ford Coupes in my life, much less in one place. They were everywhere.

I also saw more Ford Starliners in one place at the car show than ever before. That is a fave car of mine, so it was neat to see. there were some mid to late 50's ford cars too...

... so, all of my favorite model Fords all in one place.

I also saw the living legend himself, David Pearson sitting on the running board of a old coupe downtown. I had to do a double take, I got a little star struck.

Great event folks.

The rest of the car show was HUGE and every kind of contraption you can think of.

-W

p.s. I also bought fudge & peanut brittle... always a sign of a good festival.
Old 10-23-2011, 05:01 AM   #8
flatmotor40

Was up there Sat but never did see Vic's car down at Thunder Road walked it twice or three times Did talk to Ken in Ala.
flatmotor40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2011, 06:20 AM   #9
JM 35 Sedan

I hung around Thunder Road awhile after the awards were presented. Got to see all the old stock cars coming back from the courthouse. Awesome sight and sound. Many were flathead powered. They also fired up two of the old dragsters parked in front of the museum for a couple minutes. Not sure what is happening today at the show but I need to get on back home. I think my wife is beginning to miss me

Last edited by JM 35 Sedan; 10-23-2011 at 06:28 AM.
Old 10-23-2011, 08:31 AM   #10
Redneck

Send a message via AIM to Redneck Send a message via Yahoo to Redneck Send a message via Skype™ to Redneck

Every year I plan to go but get tied up in a project home. Half to get done before cold weather sets in.I bought two more houses close to mine and been remodeling them to rent out. Got one done but the other half done now. Lots of hard work.I do feel bad that I did not come down.Since the V-8 National meet at Aurburn I have not touch my cars at all.I really got in more work then I wanted but that alwaays happen I guess.I did get the axle bearnings in the 50 forget that.I also wanted to drive the 39 Conv. down to the Moonshine event but Its just sitting in the garage.The motorhome has not been out of the garage for two years.I even miss Hershey the last two years.Being retired harder then working at least for me.Hope all you have a great time and love to see all those 40 Fords there. Please take lots of pictures to show us.Dang it sure wish I was there.Sure miss all you fellows.Was there a tour this year??? This picture Vic is driving my 39 and I am in the back seat seeing the sites.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Moonshine Tour 39.jpg (81.9 KB, 48 views)
Redneck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2011, 09:06 AM   #11
JM 35 Sedan

Ken, they did have a tour as part of the MS Festival but Vic put on his own tour in the area where his Mom lives. Beautiful country! There were a lot of '39 convertables and also several '39 standard tudor sedans like yours here. I got lots of pics and will post some here when I get back home. Maybe start planning for next year now. Not too early to get your hotel lined up. Forget all that work . We are all only original once so make the most of it and have fun!! I'm leaving for home now.....over and out

Old 10-23-2011, 10:16 AM   #12
gerrald meacham

i was there my neck is sore from looking ,really like the forty from pratville ala , stock bone stock
gerrald meacham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2011, 11:05 PM   #13
Brendan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redneck View Post
Every year I plan to go but get tied up in a project home. Half to get done before cold weather sets in.I bought two more houses close to mine and been remodeling them to rent out. Got one done but the other half done now. Lots of hard work.I do feel bad that I did not come down.Since the V-8 National meet at Aurburn I have not touch my cars at all.I really got in more work then I wanted but that alwaays happen I guess.I did get the axle bearnings in the 50 forget that.I also wanted to drive the 39 Conv. down to the Moonshine event but Its just sitting in the garage.The motorhome has not been out of the garage for two years.I even miss Hershey the last two years.Being retired harder then working at least for me.Hope all you have a great time and love to see all those 40 Fords there. Please take lots of pictures to show us.Dang it sure wish I was there.Sure miss all you fellows.Was there a tour this year??? This picture Vic is driving my 39 and I am in the back seat seeing the sites.
Readneck, sounds like you have to much junk, just sell some of those houses and buy some more worn out Fords LOL, Brendan

i can't spell my way out of a paper bag!
Brendan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2011, 11:30 PM   #14
35fordtn

Where is thunder road in relation to the courthouse?
35fordtn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2011, 06:20 AM   #15
Vic Piano

We're back home and as usual we had a super time at the Festival. I wish we had more time to meet more "Barner's". I'll post some photos later today. Vic
Old 10-24-2011, 06:39 AM   #16
JM 35 Sedan

Thunder Road is actually the area around the Georgia Racing Hall of Fame Museum. It's about a 1/4 mile or less from the old courthouse in downtown Dawsonville. It's an easy walk with lots to see along the way.

I drove the '35 from Dawsonville, GA to Jonesville, NC (about 40 miles from VA state line) yesterday. Ran about 60 MPH the whole way and the car ran cool and smooth the entire way. Should be in Front Royal, VA to pick up my tow rig by late morning and back home by late afternoon. It has been a great time doing the BRP Tour and attending the Moonshine Festival. I should have some pictures posted here tonight or tomorrow morning.

Old 10-24-2011, 09:58 AM   #17
Ken/Alabama

I was there all weekend and had a great time . Talked to Kiwi Tony,Flatmotor40 Don , Vic and Im sure others here on the barn that I didnt reconize. My old 40 made it there and back without any problems,got home about 8:30 Sunday nite.
Ken/Alabama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2011, 07:06 PM   #18
KiWinUS

WOW what a grrrrreat Moonshine fest !!!!!!!!!! Thanks Rhonda !!
Great to meet some new faces from the Barn & as always great to see the great friends I have made thru the barn & met at previous M/S fests !!!
Thanks for the great friendship All !!!
cheers
Tony
KiWinUS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2011, 12:42 AM   #19
1931 flamingo

Anybody besides Vic take pictures that they can share??
Paul in CT
1931 flamingo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2011, 05:08 AM   #20
flatmotor40

Glad you made it home Ken get to work on Zepher
flatmotor40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2011, 06:04 AM   #21
Vic Piano

Quote:
Originally Posted by KiWinUS View Post
WOW what a grrrrreat Moonshine fest !!!!!!!!!! Thanks Rhonda !!
Great to meet some new faces from the Barn & as always great to see the great friends I have made thru the barn & met at previous M/S fests !!!
Thanks for the great friendship All !!!
cheers
Tony
Tony, as always, it was great to see you. I was up by your car late in the day on Saturday but could not fine you to say goodbye. Looking forward to seeing you in Florida. Vic
Old 10-25-2011, 06:12 AM   #22
Vic Piano

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1931 flamingo View Post
Paul in CT
Paul, here are a few more photos from the Moonshine Festival. I've exceeded my photo limit on Photobucket so I'll have to delete some old photos before I can post more. Vic

Old 10-25-2011, 06:18 AM   #23
chuck stevens

Looks like 39 and 40's were THE car to have at the moonshine fest. After running the heck out of my 39 I know it will make it down there next year. Motel rooms hard to find? Vic, we are going to try another ford barn tour for 2012 also, ideas are welcome.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DSCF0892.jpg (91.8 KB, 10 views)
chuck stevens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2011, 06:30 AM   #24
Vic Piano

Quote:
Originally Posted by chuck stevens View Post
Looks like 39 and 40's were THE car to have at the moonshine fest. After running the heck out of my 39 I know it will make it down there next year. Motel rooms hard to find? Vic, we are going to try another ford barn tour for 2012 also, ideas are welcome.
Chuck, we'll most likely do another Florida "Barner's Bash" sometime in February or March of 2012. JM got a hotel room just up the street from Dawsonville (surprised me as I thought they would be booked). There were more cars and people at this Festival than I've seen in the past five years that we have been attending. I think ours was the only Convertible Sedan ('35 - '39) in the show. Hope to see you in Florida. Vic
Old 10-25-2011, 09:00 AM   #25
1931 flamingo

Vic; thanks for posting the pics, some of us don't get below the M/Dixon line.............
Paul in CT Anybody: It's always great to see pictures!!
1931 flamingo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2011, 09:46 AM   #26
David J

By pure chance I was visiting an old buddy that lives in rural Dawsonville { 1,137 miles from my doorstep } & knew nothing about it until I saw the endless stream of neat stuff going down Georgia 400 . When I saw a nice 34 drive by it was time for a quick snoop but his Galpal had made plans so we got chased otta there quick . Yeah I know but I was a captive audience . Neat deal from what I was able to see . David J
David J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2011, 10:36 AM   #27
Vic Piano

Quote:
Vic; thanks for posting the pics, some of us don't get below the M/Dixon line.............
Paul in CT Anybody: It's always great to see pictures!!
Paul, you are welcome, I wish I had more room on my camera. I hope others that were there post photos as there was so much to see. Vic
Old 10-25-2011, 01:19 PM   #28
Ken/Alabama

Quote:
Originally Posted by flatmotor40 View Post
Glad you made it home Ken get to work on Zepher
Working on it as we speak. Im busy stripping the old paint off the body,will post some pics later.
Ken/Alabama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2011, 01:33 PM   #29
40cpe

Quote:
Paul in CT
My wife and I were fortunate to have our son go with us and he took these pictures. He likes all the cars and didn't concentrate on flatheads, so look at the pics that interest you.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/chadpur...th/6276346814/
Old 10-26-2011, 09:41 PM   #30
2831AV8

JM, Had a great time at the festival with you, Vic, Steve, Mike and Cliff, and Tony. Loved the cruise in your 35 through all those hills and curves.
Steve and I could not believe how tight that vehicle is and how well it runs.
How about all those Southern Fords down there? I have never seen so many in one town anywhere/
Vic's mother is a real sweethart and a wonderful host. Good thing we left before we all gained another 20 lbs from her hospitality. Sure hope I can make it again next year.
Hope you had a safe trip home.
Hal
2831AV8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2011, 02:31 PM   #31
JM 35 Sedan

I finally got my pictures downloaded, resized and labeled, so....here they are...hope you enjoy them
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Moonshine Festival Dawsonville, GA 10-2011 1.jpg (54.2 KB, 31 views)
File Type: jpg Moonshine Festival Dawsonville, GA 10-2011 2.jpg (68.3 KB, 25 views)
File Type: jpg Moonshine Festival Dawsonville, GA 10-2011 3.jpg (73.3 KB, 23 views)
File Type: jpg Moonshine Festival, Dawsonville, GA 10-2011 4.jpg (92.8 KB, 31 views)
File Type: jpg Moonshine Festival, Dawsonville, GA 10-2011 5.jpg (59.1 KB, 31 views)
File Type: jpg Moonshine Festival, Dawsonville, GA 10-2011 6.jpg (63.0 KB, 36 views)
File Type: jpg Moonshine Festival, Dawsonville, GA 10-2011 7.jpg (66.4 KB, 29 views)
File Type: jpg Moonshine Festival, Dawsonville, GA 10-2011 8.jpg (88.9 KB, 33 views)
File Type: jpg Moonshine Festival, Dawsonville, GA 10-2011 9.jpg (86.1 KB, 33 views)
File Type: jpg Moonshine Festival, Dawsonville, GA 10-2011 10.jpg (72.4 KB, 30 views)
File Type: jpg Moonshine Festival, Dawsonville, GA 10-2011 11.jpg (71.7 KB, 29 views)
File Type: jpg Moonshine Festival, Dawsonville, GA 10-2011 12.jpg (86.9 KB, 31 views)
File Type: jpg Moonshine Festival, Dawsonville, GA 10-2011 13.jpg (83.2 KB, 28 views)
File Type: jpg Moonshine Festival, Dawsonville, GA 10-2011 14.jpg (90.1 KB, 27 views)
File Type: jpg Moonshine Festival, Dawsonville, GA 10-2011 15.jpg (78.7 KB, 27 views)

Old 11-03-2011, 02:36 PM   #32
JM 35 Sedan

Picture post 2
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Moonshine Festival, Dawsonville, GA 10-2011 16.jpg (62.5 KB, 16 views)
File Type: jpg Moonshine Festival, Dawsonville, GA 10-2011 18.jpg (65.5 KB, 22 views)
File Type: jpg Moonshine Festival, Dawsonville, GA 10-2011 19.jpg (78.8 KB, 14 views)
File Type: jpg Moonshine Festival, Dawsonville, GA 10-2011 20.jpg (60.2 KB, 17 views)
File Type: jpg Moonshine Festival, Dawsonville, GA 10-2011 21.jpg (58.8 KB, 16 views)
File Type: jpg Moonshine Festival, Dawsonville, GA 10-2011 22.jpg (67.1 KB, 16 views)
File Type: jpg Moonshine Festival, Dawsonville, GA 10-2011 23.jpg (42.4 KB, 15 views)
File Type: jpg Moonshine Festival, Dawsonville, GA 10-2011 24.jpg (77.3 KB, 15 views)
File Type: jpg Moonshine Festival, Dawsonville, GA 10-2011 25.jpg (57.1 KB, 15 views)
File Type: jpg Moonshine Festival, Dawsonville, GA 10-2011 26.jpg (69.3 KB, 18 views)
File Type: jpg Moonshine Festival, Dawsonville, GA 10-2011 27.jpg (66.1 KB, 20 views)
File Type: jpg Moonshine Festival, Dawsonville, GA 10-2011 28.jpg (49.9 KB, 15 views)
File Type: jpg Moonshine Festival, Dawsonville, GA 10-2011 29.jpg (39.1 KB, 15 views)
File Type: jpg Moonshine Festival, Dawsonville, GA 10-2011 30.jpg (40.9 KB, 15 views)
File Type: jpg Moonshine Festival, Dawsonville, GA 10-2011 31.jpg (42.7 KB, 16 views)

Old 11-03-2011, 02:41 PM   #33
JM 35 Sedan

Picture Post 3
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Moonshine Festival, Dawsonville, GA 10-2011 32.jpg (39.0 KB, 16 views)
File Type: jpg Moonshine Festival, Dawsonville, GA 10-2011 33.jpg (71.6 KB, 17 views)
File Type: jpg Moonshine Festival, Dawsonville, GA 10-2011 34.jpg (63.0 KB, 18 views)
File Type: jpg Moonshine Festival, Dawsonville, GA 10-2011 35.jpg (38.8 KB, 15 views)
File Type: jpg Moonshine Festival, Dawsonville, GA 10-2011 36.jpg (48.6 KB, 17 views)
File Type: jpg Moonshine Festival, Dawsonville, GA 10-2011 37.jpg (39.0 KB, 14 views)
File Type: jpg Moonshine Festival, Dawsonville, GA 10-2011 38.jpg (43.1 KB, 12 views)
File Type: jpg Moonshine Festival, Dawsonville, GA 10-2011 39.jpg (52.7 KB, 16 views)
File Type: jpg Moonshine Festival, Dawsonville, GA 10-2011 40.jpg (56.7 KB, 16 views)
File Type: jpg Moonshine Festival, Dawsonville, GA 10-2011 41.jpg (50.4 KB, 13 views)
File Type: jpg Moonshine Festival, Dawsonville, GA 10-2011 42.jpg (84.9 KB, 16 views)
File Type: jpg Moonshine Festival, Dawsonville, GA 10-2011 43.jpg (62.9 KB, 32 views)
File Type: jpg Moonshine Festival, Dawsonville, GA 10-2011 44.jpg (101.8 KB, 17 views)
File Type: jpg Moonshine Festival, Dawsonville, GA 10-2011 45.jpg (75.2 KB, 16 views)
File Type: jpg Moonshine Festival, Dawsonville, GA 10-2011 46.jpg (103.1 KB, 14 views)

Old 11-03-2011, 02:46 PM   #34
Vic Piano

What, no "Goats on the Roof" photos...? LOL. Looking good John, thanks for posting. Vic
Old 11-03-2011, 02:46 PM   #35
JM 35 Sedan

Picture post #4
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Moonshine Festival, Dawsonville, GA 10-2011 47.jpg (103.6 KB, 21 views)
File Type: jpg Moonshine Festival, Dawsonville, GA 10-2011 48.jpg (94.5 KB, 14 views)
File Type: jpg Moonshine Festival, Dawsonville, GA 10-2011 49.jpg (92.1 KB, 18 views)
File Type: jpg Moonshine Festival, Dawsonville, GA 10-2011 50.jpg (117.1 KB, 20 views)
File Type: jpg Moonshine Festival, Dawsonville, GA 10-2011 51.jpg (99.6 KB, 22 views)
File Type: jpg Moonshine Festival, Dawsonville, GA 10-2011 52.jpg (96.1 KB, 22 views)
File Type: jpg Moonshine Festival, Dawsonville, GA 10-2011 53.jpg (113.5 KB, 28 views)
File Type: jpg Moonshine Festival, Dawsonville, GA 10-2011 54.jpg (102.4 KB, 28 views)
File Type: jpg Moonshine Festival, Dawsonville, GA 10-2011 55.jpg (74.1 KB, 44 views)
File Type: jpg Moonshine Festival, Dawsonville, GA 10-2011 56.jpg (80.4 KB, 26 views)
File Type: jpg Moonshine Festival, Dawsonville, GA 10-2011 57.jpg (89.1 KB, 26 views)
File Type: jpg Moonshine Festival, Dawsonville, GA 10-2011 58.jpg (84.1 KB, 27 views)
File Type: jpg Moonshine Festival, Dawsonville, GA 10-2011 59.jpg (81.7 KB, 24 views)
File Type: jpg Moonshine Festival, Dawsonville, GA 10-2011 60.jpg (50.6 KB, 26 views)
File Type: jpg Moonshine Festival, Dawsonville, GA 10-2011 61.jpg (55.9 KB, 20 views)

Old 11-03-2011, 02:49 PM   #36
Vic Piano

Looks like I spoke too soon...
Old 11-03-2011, 02:53 PM   #37
JM 35 Sedan

Picture post #5
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Moonshine Festival, Dawsonville, GA 10-2011 62.jpg (125.5 KB, 17 views)
File Type: jpg Moonshine Festival, Dawsonville, GA 10-2011 63.jpg (103.3 KB, 15 views)
File Type: jpg Moonshine Festival, Dawsonville, GA 10-2011 64.jpg (90.1 KB, 19 views)
File Type: jpg Moonshine Festival, Dawsonville, GA 10-2011 65.jpg (110.1 KB, 31 views)
File Type: jpg Moonshine Festival, Dawsonville, GA 10-2011 66.jpg (96.5 KB, 18 views)
File Type: jpg Moonshine Festival, Dawsonville, GA 10-2011 67.jpg (82.6 KB, 18 views)
File Type: jpg Moonshine Festival, Dawsonville, GA 10-2011 68.jpg (90.1 KB, 17 views)
File Type: jpg Moonshine Festival, Dawsonville, GA 10-2011 69.jpg (83.0 KB, 18 views)
File Type: jpg Moonshine Festival, Dawsonville, GA 10-2011 70.jpg (82.7 KB, 17 views)
File Type: jpg Moonshine Festival, Dawsonville, GA 10-2011 71.jpg (99.4 KB, 18 views)
File Type: jpg Moonshine Festival, Dawsonville, GA 10-2011 72.jpg (86.5 KB, 17 views)
File Type: jpg Moonshine Festival, Dawsonville, GA 10-2011 73.jpg (84.1 KB, 20 views)
File Type: jpg Moonshine Festival, Dawsonville, GA 10-2011 74.jpg (96.4 KB, 17 views)
File Type: jpg Moonshine Festival, Dawsonville, GA 10-2011 75.jpg (91.3 KB, 18 views)
File Type: jpg Moonshine Festival, Dawsonville, GA 10-2011 76.jpg (96.8 KB, 24 views)

Old 11-03-2011, 02:58 PM   #38
JM 35 Sedan

Picture post #6
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Moonshine Festival, Dawsonville, GA 10-2011 77.jpg (88.7 KB, 16 views)
File Type: jpg Moonshine Festival, Dawsonville, GA 10-2011 78.jpg (102.4 KB, 18 views)
File Type: jpg Moonshine Festival, Dawsonville, GA 10-2011 79.jpg (100.6 KB, 11 views)
File Type: jpg Moonshine Festival, Dawsonville, GA 10-2011 80.jpg (105.5 KB, 11 views)
File Type: jpg Moonshine Festival, Dawsonville, GA 10-2011 81.jpg (80.5 KB, 10 views)
File Type: jpg Moonshine Festival, Dawsonville, GA 10-2011 82.jpg (77.2 KB, 10 views)
File Type: jpg Moonshine Festival, Dawsonville, GA 10-2011 83.jpg (99.1 KB, 14 views)
File Type: jpg Moonshine Festival, Dawsonville, GA 10-2011 84.jpg (70.6 KB, 12 views)
File Type: jpg Moonshine Festival, Dawsonville, GA 10-2011 85.jpg (84.0 KB, 12 views)
File Type: jpg Moonshine Festival, Dawsonville, GA 10-2011 86.jpg (107.0 KB, 23 views)
File Type: jpg Moonshine Festival, Dawsonville, GA 10-2011 87.jpg (101.0 KB, 21 views)
File Type: jpg Moonshine Festival, Dawsonville, GA 10-2011 88.jpg (101.5 KB, 21 views)
File Type: jpg Moonshine Festival, Dawsonville, GA 10-2011 89.jpg (89.0 KB, 21 views)
File Type: jpg Moonshine Festival, Dawsonville, GA 10-2011 90.jpg (102.6 KB, 14 views)
File Type: jpg Moonshine Festival, Dawsonville, GA 10-2011 91.jpg (44.1 KB, 15 views)

Old 11-03-2011, 03:04 PM   #39
JM 35 Sedan

Picture post #7
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Moonshine Festival, Dawsonville, GA 10-2011 92.jpg (45.4 KB, 16 views)
File Type: jpg Moonshine Festival, Dawsonville, GA 10-2011 93.jpg (44.4 KB, 13 views)
File Type: jpg Moonshine Festival, Dawsonville, GA 10-2011 94.jpg (43.5 KB, 14 views)
File Type: jpg Moonshine Festival, Dawsonville, GA 10-2011 95.jpg (47.1 KB, 12 views)
File Type: jpg Moonshine Festival, Dawsonville, GA 10-2011 96.jpg (62.3 KB, 12 views)
File Type: jpg Moonshine Festival, Dawsonville, GA 10-2011 97.jpg (103.8 KB, 13 views)
File Type: jpg Moonshine Festival, Dawsonville, GA 10-2011 98.jpg (88.2 KB, 11 views)
File Type: jpg Moonshine Festival, Dawsonville, GA 10-2011 99.jpg (75.7 KB, 12 views)
File Type: jpg Moonshine Festival, Dawsonville, GA 10-2011 100.jpg (84.1 KB, 19 views)
File Type: jpg Moonshine Festival, Dawsonville, GA 10-2011 101.jpg (88.9 KB, 18 views)
File Type: jpg Moonshine Festival, Dawsonville, GA 10-2011 102.jpg (85.7 KB, 17 views)
File Type: jpg Moonshine Festival, Dawsonville, GA 10-2011 103.jpg (80.8 KB, 13 views)
File Type: jpg Moonshine Festival, Dawsonville, GA 10-2011 104.jpg (87.1 KB, 11 views)
File Type: jpg Moonshine Festival, Dawsonville, GA 10-2011 105.jpg (93.2 KB, 17 views)
File Type: jpg Moonshine Festival, Dawsonville, GA 10-2011 106.jpg (101.4 KB, 13 views)

Old 11-03-2011, 03:10 PM   #40
JM 35 Sedan

Picture post #8
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Moonshine Festival, Dawsonville, GA 10-2011 107.jpg (102.6 KB, 13 views)
File Type: jpg Moonshine Festival, Dawsonville, GA 10-2011 108.jpg (100.8 KB, 15 views)
File Type: jpg Moonshine Festival, Dawsonville, GA 10-2011 109.jpg (94.7 KB, 17 views)
File Type: jpg Moonshine Festival, Dawsonville, GA 10-2011 110.jpg (84.2 KB, 20 views)
File Type: jpg Moonshine Festival, Dawsonville, GA 10-2011 111.jpg (85.6 KB, 13 views)
File Type: jpg Moonshine Festival, Dawsonville, GA 10-2011 112.jpg (103.4 KB, 13 views)
File Type: jpg Moonshine Festival, Dawsonville, GA 10-2011 113.jpg (91.9 KB, 13 views)
File Type: jpg Moonshine Festival, Dawsonville, GA 10-2011 114.jpg (102.2 KB, 14 views)
File Type: jpg Moonshine Festival, Dawsonville, GA 10-2011 115.jpg (123.7 KB, 16 views)
File Type: jpg Moonshine Festival, Dawsonville, GA 10-2011 116.jpg (117.5 KB, 15 views)
File Type: jpg Moonshine Festival, Dawsonville, GA 10-2011 117.jpg (96.6 KB, 18 views)
File Type: jpg Moonshine Festival, Dawsonville, GA 10-2011 118.jpg (75.2 KB, 19 views)
File Type: jpg Moonshine Festival, Dawsonville, GA 10-2011 119.jpg (101.0 KB, 15 views)
File Type: jpg Moonshine Festival, Dawsonville, GA 10-2011 120.jpg (91.6 KB, 16 views)
File Type: jpg Moonshine Festival, Dawsonville, GA 10-2011 121.jpg (71.4 KB, 15 views)

Old 11-03-2011, 03:16 PM   #41
JM 35 Sedan

Picture post #9
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Moonshine Festival, Dawsonville, GA 10-2011 122.jpg (91.3 KB, 26 views)
File Type: jpg Moonshine Festival, Dawsonville, GA 10-2011 123.jpg (91.8 KB, 22 views)
File Type: jpg Moonshine Festival, Dawsonville, GA 10-2011 124.jpg (103.8 KB, 21 views)
File Type: jpg Moonshine Festival, Dawsonville, GA 10-2011 125.jpg (111.8 KB, 20 views)
File Type: jpg Moonshine Festival, Dawsonville, GA 10-2011 126.jpg (97.8 KB, 23 views)
File Type: jpg Moonshine Festival, Dawsonville, GA 10-2011 127.jpg (90.6 KB, 23 views)
File Type: jpg Moonshine Festival, Dawsonville, GA 10-2011 129.jpg (110.9 KB, 30 views)
File Type: jpg Moonshine Festival, Dawsonville, GA 10-2011 130.jpg (115.4 KB, 32 views)
File Type: jpg Moonshine Festival, Dawsonville, GA 10-2011 131.jpg (62.2 KB, 27 views)
File Type: jpg Moonshine Festival, Dawsonville, GA 10-2011 132.jpg (96.1 KB, 28 views)
File Type: jpg Moonshine Festival, Dawsonville, GA 10-2011 133.jpg (87.3 KB, 31 views)
File Type: jpg Moonshine Festival, Dawsonville, GA 10-2011 134.jpg (116.5 KB, 24 views)
File Type: jpg Moonshine Festival, Dawsonville, GA 10-2011 135.jpg (108.0 KB, 23 views)
File Type: jpg Moonshine Festival, Dawsonville, GA 10-2011 136.jpg (101.3 KB, 26 views)
File Type: jpg Moonshine Festival, Dawsonville, GA 10-2011 139.jpg (97.5 KB, 32 views)

Old 11-03-2011, 03:21 PM   #42
JM 35 Sedan

Picture Post#10
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Moonshine Festival, Dawsonville, GA 10-2011 137.jpg (89.0 KB, 22 views)
File Type: jpg Moonshine Festival, Dawsonville, GA 10-2011 138.jpg (105.7 KB, 18 views)
File Type: jpg Moonshine Festival, Dawsonville, GA 10-2011 140.jpg (110.0 KB, 16 views)
File Type: jpg Moonshine Festival, Dawsonville, GA 10-2011 141.jpg (96.5 KB, 27 views)
File Type: jpg Moonshine Festival, Dawsonville, GA 10-2011 142.jpg (81.6 KB, 20 views)
File Type: jpg Moonshine Festival, Dawsonville, GA 10-2011 143.jpg (103.9 KB, 19 views)
File Type: jpg Moonshine Festival, Dawsonville, GA 10-2011 144.jpg (87.1 KB, 25 views)
File Type: jpg Moonshine Festival, Dawsonville, GA 10-2011 145.jpg (111.6 KB, 23 views)
File Type: jpg Moonshine Festival, Dawsonville, GA 10-2011 146.jpg (88.4 KB, 23 views)
File Type: jpg Moonshine Festival, Dawsonville, GA 10-2011 147.jpg (81.3 KB, 21 views)
File Type: jpg Moonshine Festival, Dawsonville, GA 10-2011 148.jpg (118.7 KB, 26 views)
File Type: jpg Moonshine Festival, Dawsonville, GA 10-2011 149.jpg (90.1 KB, 28 views)
File Type: jpg Moonshine Festival, Dawsonville, GA 10-2011 150.jpg (76.0 KB, 28 views)
File Type: jpg Moonshine Festival, Dawsonville, GA 10-2011 151.jpg (76.9 KB, 25 views)
File Type: jpg Moonshine Festival, Dawsonville, GA 10-2011 152.jpg (108.4 KB, 23 views)

Old 11-03-2011, 03:27 PM   #43
JM 35 Sedan

Picture post #11
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Moonshine Festival, Dawsonville, GA 10-2011 153.jpg (79.9 KB, 19 views)
File Type: jpg Moonshine Festival, Dawsonville, GA 10-2011 154.jpg (96.7 KB, 21 views)
File Type: jpg Moonshine Festival, Dawsonville, GA 10-2011 155.jpg (96.3 KB, 25 views)
File Type: jpg Moonshine Festival, Dawsonville, GA 10-2011 156.jpg (72.3 KB, 22 views)
File Type: jpg Moonshine Festival, Dawsonville, GA 10-2011 157.jpg (100.8 KB, 24 views)
File Type: jpg Moonshine Festival, Dawsonville, GA 10-2011 158.jpg (108.5 KB, 21 views)
File Type: jpg Moonshine Festival, Dawsonville, GA 10-2011 159.jpg (104.8 KB, 22 views)
File Type: jpg Moonshine Festival, Dawsonville, GA 10-2011 160.jpg (91.2 KB, 22 views)
File Type: jpg Moonshine Festival, Dawsonville, GA 10-2011 161.jpg (94.0 KB, 20 views)
File Type: jpg Moonshine Festival, Dawsonville, GA 10-2011 162.jpg (89.4 KB, 20 views)
File Type: jpg Moonshine Festival, Dawsonville, GA 10-2011 163.jpg (77.5 KB, 18 views)
File Type: jpg Moonshine Festival, Dawsonville, GA 10-2011 164.jpg (51.1 KB, 21 views)
File Type: jpg Moonshine Festival, Dawsonville, GA 10-2011 165.jpg (104.0 KB, 23 views)
File Type: jpg Moonshine Festival, Dawsonville, GA 10-2011 166.jpg (79.9 KB, 22 views)
File Type: jpg Moonshine Festival, Dawsonville, GA 10-2011 167.jpg (80.5 KB, 18 views)

Old 11-03-2011, 03:34 PM   #44
JM 35 Sedan

Picture post #12
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Moonshine Festival, Dawsonville, GA 10-2011 170.jpg (92.4 KB, 27 views)
File Type: jpg Moonshine Festival, Dawsonville, GA 10-2011 171.jpg (98.5 KB, 26 views)
File Type: jpg Moonshine Festival, Dawsonville, GA 10-2011 172.jpg (67.6 KB, 25 views)
File Type: jpg Moonshine Festival, Dawsonville, GA 10-2011 173.jpg (95.3 KB, 25 views)
File Type: jpg Moonshine Festival, Dawsonville, GA 10-2011 174.jpg (94.1 KB, 25 views)
File Type: jpg Moonshine Festival, Dawsonville, GA 10-2011 175.jpg (97.7 KB, 27 views)
File Type: jpg Moonshine Festival, Dawsonville, GA 10-2011 176.jpg (81.3 KB, 24 views)
File Type: jpg Moonshine Festival, Dawsonville, GA 10-2011 177.jpg (98.9 KB, 21 views)
File Type: jpg Moonshine Festival, Dawsonville, GA 10-2011 178.jpg (85.6 KB, 22 views)
File Type: jpg Moonshine Festival, Dawsonville, GA 10-2011 179.jpg (93.9 KB, 21 views)
File Type: jpg Moonshine Festival, Dawsonville, GA 10-2011 181.jpg (116.3 KB, 23 views)
File Type: jpg Moonshine Festival, Dawsonville, GA 10-2011 182.jpg (87.8 KB, 19 views)
File Type: jpg Moonshine Festival, Dawsonville, GA 10-2011 183.jpg (90.1 KB, 36 views)
File Type: jpg Moonshine Festival, Dawsonville, GA 10-2011 184.jpg (90.4 KB, 35 views)
File Type: jpg Moonshine Festival, Dawsonville, GA 10-2011 185.jpg (118.1 KB, 28 views)

Old 11-03-2011, 03:40 PM   #45
JM 35 Sedan

Picture post #13...........THE END
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Moonshine Festival, Dawsonville, GA 10-2011 186.jpg (128.7 KB, 24 views)
File Type: jpg Moonshine Festival, Dawsonville, GA 10-2011 190.jpg (96.2 KB, 20 views)
File Type: jpg Moonshine Festival, Dawsonville, GA 10-2011 191.jpg (88.9 KB, 21 views)
File Type: jpg Moonshine Festival, Dawsonville, GA 10-2011 192.jpg (107.2 KB, 22 views)
File Type: jpg Moonshine Festival, Dawsonville, GA 10-2011 193.jpg (117.9 KB, 23 views)
File Type: jpg Moonshine Festival, Dawsonville, GA 10-2011 194.jpg (113.9 KB, 22 views)
File Type: jpg Moonshine Festival, Dawsonville, GA 10-2011 195.jpg (118.9 KB, 18 views)
File Type: jpg Moonshine Festival, Dawsonville, GA 10-2011 196.jpg (105.2 KB, 19 views)
File Type: jpg Moonshine Festival, Dawsonville, GA 10-2011 198.jpg (61.8 KB, 19 views)
File Type: jpg Moonshine Festival, Dawsonville, GA 10-2011 199.jpg (67.6 KB, 18 views)
File Type: jpg Moonshine Festival, Dawsonville, GA 10-2011 204.jpg (89.0 KB, 28 views)
File Type: jpg Moonshine Festival, Dawsonville, GA 10-2011 205.jpg (86.2 KB, 16 views)
File Type: jpg Moonshine Festival, Dawsonville, GA 10-2011 208.jpg (79.6 KB, 16 views)
File Type: jpg Moonshine Festival, Dawsonville, GA 10-2011 209.jpg (73.8 KB, 16 views)
File Type: jpg Moonshine Festival Dawsonville, GA 10-2011 1.jpg (54.2 KB, 18 views)

Old 11-03-2011, 03:43 PM   #46
biggeorge

Nice pictures Thanks
biggeorge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2011, 03:45 PM   #47
JM 35 Sedan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vic Piano View Post
What, no "Goats on the Roof" photos...? LOL. Looking good John, thanks for posting. Vic
Vic, Not only did we get the Goats on the roof......but we even got one Goat on the ground.........it's a red tri power LOL

Old 11-03-2011, 03:51 PM   #48
Vic Piano

Quote:
Originally Posted by JM 35 Sedan View Post
Vic, Not only did we get the Goats on the roof......but we even got one Goat on the ground.........it's a red tri power LOL
John, I saw that. Excellent photos! Vic
Old 11-03-2011, 03:55 PM   #49
Grandadeo

We were there on Friday. Sure is A LOT more to see on Saturday. Thanks for the pics.

Lee
Salt Is Good... Mk 9:50
Grandadeo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2011, 06:38 PM   #50
Henry/Kokomo

Great pix. Love the stock cars. Best use for a John Deere portable engine I ever saw! Many, many thanks for posting.
Henry/Kokomo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2011, 07:17 PM   #51
mrmoose

Thanks for all the pix John. Almost makes it "live" for those of us who could not be there.
mrmoose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2011, 07:18 PM   #52
russcc

Give me a heads up on how to post photos of this years moonshine run. Have some good shots of the pair of Cad powered '40 tripper coupes, and the old stock cars at Thunder Road on Friday night among other things. Little cool at the Courthouse around 7:30AM AM Sat., but warmed up to t shirt weather later.
russcc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2011, 08:05 PM   #53
Bill in Al

Thanky, thanky!! Great pix!
Bill in Al is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2011, 09:14 PM   #54
B Duncan

Thanks for posting the pics. There were truly too many cars to see in an afternoon. I'm flattered to see a couple pics of my own flathead powered truck! Dad and I are already looking forward to next year's show.
Old 11-04-2011, 05:44 AM   #55
chuck stevens

Nice pictures John, I guess I better plan on going on down next year, Chuck.
chuck stevens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2011, 06:48 AM   #56
JM 35 Sedan

Quote:
Originally Posted by chuck stevens View Post
Nice pictures John, I guess I better plan on going on down next year, Chuck.
Chuck, everytime I saw a nice '39 std sedan (and i saw guite a few) I thought about you and Kathie and your nice '39. I think you would both enjoy that show. In addition to all the nice cars, there were a lot of nice arts and crafts vendors setup all over Dawsonville. A lot of good food vendors as well. I even found an old Bone Yard filled with '30's to '50's cars & trucks on the way to Dawsonville.

Old 11-04-2011, 11:39 AM   #57
40frank

THANKS for the great pictures,here is my 40 std. coupe Frank
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_9557 (Large).jpg (85.5 KB, 22 views)
40frank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2011, 12:55 PM   #58
40cpe

Quote:
Originally Posted by 40frank View Post
THANKS for the great pictures,here is my 40 std. coupe Frank
Hey Frank, are those bias or radial tires on your car?
Old 11-05-2011, 08:20 AM   #59
KiWinUS

Terrific photo,s !!!
Thanks John!!
KiWinUS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2011, 01:01 PM   #60
JM 35 Sedan

I just realized I had more MS Festival pictures that were taken with my camera phone when the battery in my digital camera went south. So....more pictures I thought these Hudsons were cool
Attached Images
File Type: jpg moonshine festival 2011 1.jpg (55.6 KB, 19 views)
File Type: jpg moonshine festival 2011 10 (2).jpg (61.1 KB, 14 views)
File Type: jpg moonshine festival 2011 11.jpg (67.0 KB, 12 views)
File Type: jpg moonshine festival 2011 16.jpg (64.7 KB, 11 views)
File Type: jpg moonshine festival 2011 10.jpg (98.9 KB, 13 views)
File Type: jpg moonshine festival 2011 17.jpg (69.8 KB, 12 views)
File Type: jpg moonshine festival 2011 18.jpg (53.5 KB, 12 views)
File Type: jpg moonshine festival 2011 2.jpg (77.1 KB, 11 views)
File Type: jpg moonshine festival 2011 20.jpg (53.1 KB, 12 views)
File Type: jpg moonshine festival 2011 21.jpg (60.7 KB, 11 views)
File Type: jpg moonshine festival 2011 22.jpg (70.8 KB, 13 views)
File Type: jpg moonshine festival 2011 23.jpg (82.8 KB, 14 views)
File Type: jpg moonshine festival 2011 24.jpg (75.9 KB, 12 views)
File Type: jpg moonshine festival 2011 25.jpg (72.5 KB, 14 views)
File Type: jpg moonshine festival 2011 26.jpg (74.6 KB, 14 views)

Old 11-09-2011, 01:05 PM   #61
JM 35 Sedan

.......and this is really THE END
Attached Images
File Type: jpg moonshine festival 2011 27.jpg (79.2 KB, 13 views)
File Type: jpg moonshine festival 2011 3.jpg (62.7 KB, 10 views)
File Type: jpg moonshine festival 2011 4.jpg (57.4 KB, 11 views)
File Type: jpg moonshine festival 2011 6.jpg (99.0 KB, 15 views)
File Type: jpg moonshine festival 2011 7.jpg (89.6 KB, 10 views)
File Type: jpg moonshine festival 2011 8.jpg (72.0 KB, 11 views)
File Type: jpg Moonshine Festival Dawsonville, GA 10-2011 1.jpg (54.2 KB, 12 views)

Old 11-12-2011, 07:24 AM   #62
waltnape

Go to this site for more pictures of the Moonshine Festival

http://atlantagalaxies.webs.com/apps/photos/
waltnape is offline   Reply With Quote