Go Back   The Ford Barn > General Discussion > Early V8 (1932-53)

Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)

Old 03-28-2016, 08:32 AM   #61
1931flathead

Default Re: Adjustable lifters

they got some on ebay small letter and al to gather
1931flathead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2016, 08:55 AM   #62
JSeery
Member Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by tubman View Post
Does anyone know where we can buy these quality Johnson lifters? All of my internet searches either dead end or produce no relevant results. The websites are either not there, or they do not list any flathead lifters. CGM Mototsports site doesn't list them (they have no products listed on eBay at this time). Has anyone with internet skills beyond mine found where to get these?
OK, here is the story. Called NOPI and the counter guy said no one had ask for flathead lifters in years, last he could remember was in the 60s! LOL But, he did some checking and yes they do have them!

$14.85 each or $237.60 for a set of 16 and $248.60 with shipping. Normal shipping is two days. $11 for shipping doesn't sound to bad, they are fairly heavy for there size.

Part #B2032

Phone number 1 800-277-6674 then Est #1
Talked to Bobby, very friendly and helpful!!!

Company is NOPI and division is TopLine.

If anyone orders some I would be interested in how it turns out.
JSeery is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2016, 09:52 AM   #63
Ronnie

You fellows that are talking about and looking all over for engine parts have to realize that engine parts are more available to machine shops than the mass retailers. Go and speak to a good machine shop that do engines for a living and have a conversation with them about sourcing topline Johnson lifters.There will be many shops that have access to the product.When you are the owner of a machine shop you don't buy parts from Rock Auto,Orielly,Pep Boys,and most of the others.The engine parts business is referred to as the hard parts business and is designed to source and supply engine parts.Most of it is done through a network of buying groups that have a distribution system set up.There are large warehouse distributors that have the hard parts in stock and supply is working well.The reason you have a problem in getting the product is the cost at a machine shop doesn't make you feel warm and cozy.Well the 10¢ coffee is gone.Open a shop and see how much the equipment costs,join a group and get good wd pricing find qualified people you can employ and depend upon and see what the real shop has to do every day and produce a product that they stand behind by using the correct parts.There is little hope in finding the supply without starting at the grass roots and asking the correct questions at the shop level.They want to sell parts and make money.Yes they will sell you parts.Go and visit a shop and take advantage the knowledge that you can gain.I worked as a district manager for a large engine parts manufacturer and have been involved with engine parts for 30+ years.Have made 1000's of shop calls. Do the math if you did 2 calls a day that is a whopping number "LOL" 10 calls a week.40 calls a month.480 calls a year. That is more than 14,000 calls.I have seen many shops come and go.Yes there are still some valuable shops out there go and find one it is not rocket science. I have made many great friends in the industry that are very qualified and a fountain of knowledge .When you find a good shop take them a box of donuts and some coffee and have some fun.I know of many machine shops that the counterman has forgotten more about engine parts than some of us will ever know.

Another 2¢

R
Ronnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2016, 11:39 PM   #64
36tudordeluxe

I got my adjustables from FLATHEAD JACK, good quality but it was a few years ago. The Australian guy FLATATTACK has quality lifters.
36tudordeluxe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2016, 12:05 AM   #65
Kahuna

Flatattack no longer produces those great lifters
Kahuna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2016, 02:04 AM   #66
HotRodmicky

Are the hylift johnsons the hollow style adjustable lifters or solid?
Micky
HotRodmicky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2016, 11:47 AM   #67
vilanar

Mine are from Hylift Johnsons and they are solid.

Ari
vilanar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2016, 02:24 PM   #68
Ol' Ron

I used solid adj lifters on all my early bulds, because the Hollow ones available wern't very good and some of the good ones were very expensive. For a street engine I really don't think it matters much Especially with 50lbs of spring pressure, and 3-4000 RPM range. However, ??????
Ol' Ron is offline   Reply With Quote