Go Back   The Ford Barn > The Swap Meet > For Sale > Early V8

Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)

Old 03-25-2011, 02:39 PM   #1
Ford1933

Default 1937 Ford Club Coupe Project Car

City: Taylors
State: SC
Price: $11,500

Might go to Louisville next week - could deliver there if deal is made. Will consider offers above $10,000

This is a great restoration project. I bought this car at the NSRA Nationals Swap Meet in Louisville KY in 2009 and I have not had time to work on it due to other projects so I am going to let it go to a good home for considerably less than I paid for it. This restoration was begun in the mid 1990s and then abandoned for several years. The chassis and drive line were completely gone through by a professional shop (I was told) and they provided a few paper photos of the work in progress. The work accomplished included rebuilding the original flathead engine, trans, rear end. All parts including the frame were sandblased and painted black. The body was redi stripped but unfortunately never primed so it has a fair amount of what I would call rust staining. It is more discoloration than anything else. The body metal is very straight and there is no significant rust pitting. The bottom 8 inches or so of the quarter panels was cut out to put in new patch panels and one door needs the bottom patch. I have all the new EMS replacement panels required including the pan that goes under the deck lid. The grille is a repro unit that does have some minor shelf wear to it but is very repairable. The hood and deck lid are as nice as the main body. Rear fenders have patches tack welded where the fender meets the running boards which are also EMS repros. The rear fenders are not pristine but very much useable. You probably know that 37 rear coupe fenders are extremely difficult to find. The front fenders were dented more than I would have liked to have messed with so I purchased a very good pair of fronts. Both pairs of fronts go with the car. The winshield frame and windshield glass are nice but not perfect but could be easily run as is for a driver or could be easily plated to look like a new one. All door mechanicals are present but glass will need to be replaced. Superb garnish moldings, nice gages, and has the original radio. Very good seats front and rear with springs but no upholstery. I have several boxes of parts since this was a complete car that was disassembled for a total restoration. This car is very complete and you would not have to buy very much to finish this rare and beautiful model coupe. Picture is one that I made the day I brought it home. I am 1.5 hours south of Charlotte about 10 miles off I-85. Email [email protected] or call me on my cell and let's talk. Mickey Belk 864.363.2905.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_0075.jpg (55.7 KB, 307 views)

Last edited by Ford1933; 07-25-2012 at 08:37 PM. Reason: back on the market
Ford1933 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2011, 03:25 PM   #2
Ford1933

Default Re: 1937 Ford Club Coupe Project Car

bttt
Old 05-26-2011, 12:02 PM   #3
Ford1933

bttt
Old 07-25-2012, 08:38 PM   #4
Ford1933

bttt