Go Back   The Ford Barn > General Discussion > Model A (1928-31)

Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)

Old 05-13-2011, 04:50 PM   #1
JimK1930A

Default Ebay Carburetor Seller

Hi,
Has anyone on here bought a carburetor from a fellow named Art that goes by the name carb_a_restore on eBay?
If so tell me about your experience good or bad.
I read the feedback's and they all sound good, but am a bit apprehensive to spending a lot of $$ based on item description alone.
Thanks,
Jim

Last edited by JimK1930A; 05-16-2011 at 10:57 PM.
JimK1930A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2011, 05:08 PM   #2
Brubaker

Default Re: Ebay Carburetor Seller

Jim,
Just my opinion here, but there are plenty of folks on this forum that can help. I purchased a rebuilt Zenith recently from Ron Rude in Quincy,Calif. ('Ron in Quincy') and couldn't be happier. Knowledgeable and priced very fair. With the USPS 'flat rate' boxes, shipping is minimal.
The beauty of the forum and your local 'A' club is that you can talk directly with the vendor/person and have the ability to ask around about the quality of their work.
Just not a big fan of eBay, although it has it's place(and I've used it).
Brubaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2011, 05:14 PM   #3
JimK1930A

Hi,
Thank you for the nice reply and information.
I love that photo of your car in front of the log cabin.
Where in Northern California do you live?
I am vacationing out your way and will be in the Redwoods on June 13-16.
Jim
JimK1930A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2011, 05:30 PM   #4
Brubaker

Jim,
Northern California(Healdsburg). That's our barn(will have to due for now), but oddly enough, we live in a cedar log home.
Enjoy your vacation! Bruce
Brubaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2011, 06:42 PM   #5
Russ/40

For a great, and thorough rebuild buy from tazman24282428. He lives near me, and I have seen how he does his work. He runs every carb on his 30 coup before it's sold. He also does the air balancing for a number of vendors.
Russ/40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2011, 10:24 AM   #6
'31 Patina

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimK1930A View Post
Hi,
Has anyone on here bought a carburetor from a fellow named Art that goes by the name carb_a_restore on eBay?
I read the feedback's and they all sound good, but am a bit apprehensive to spending a lot of $$ based on item description alone.
Thanks,
Jim

Jim,

I just recently had my tillotson rebuilt by Art (aka carb_a_restore on ebay). In my opinion he does a great job and you won't be disappointed. I was going to buy one that he had listed on ebay but decided to call him and see if he would rebuild one I already had. I sent him the carb last month and he had it back to me in a couple of weeks which included shipping time. I also liked the fact that he tests each carburetor he rebuilds on his own model A to make sure they run properly before he sends them out. He also warranties his carbs for one year. His fee to rebuild it was very reasonable but again I already had the carb to send him and didn't buy one off of ebay.

I'm sure there are a lot of guys out there who do great work like Art but I just wanted to pass along my experience I had with him. If you have any questions I would suggest calling him. He's very easy to talk to and very knowledgeable about the tillotson and zenith carbs.
'31 Patina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2011, 03:56 AM   #7
pride

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimK1930A View Post
Hi,
Thanks,
Jim
i think i remember that name i bought a carburetor from him last 3 months i think. well my advice is, it's VERY risky! maybe i am just lucky to found someone like that but i would never repeat it again to be honest. it will be good if you can find some online stores that has a customer service so you can tracked your shipment and they will give you estimated time when the part will arrive so that is less worry than on ebay.

Last edited by pride; 05-28-2011 at 01:55 AM.
pride is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2011, 08:25 AM   #8
wrndln

I had a couple of carbs rebuilt by Art Bishop in NH (carb_a_restore on eBay). I have not installed them yet as I am still rebuilding my engine. He tests them on his model A before shipping them. The carbs I had done look really good. He charges $125 to rebuild a carb with exchange, which is reasonable. I sent him 2 cores that were not the style I needed and he swapped to the correct style of Zenith I needed for my A's. I would not hesitate to have him rebuild more carbs for me. His number is: 603 526 9288. I would give him a call at discuss what you would like done with him.
Rusty Nelson
wrndln is offline   Reply With Quote