Go Back   The Ford Barn > General Discussion > Model A (1928-31)

Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)

Old 02-09-2014, 05:03 PM   #1
firechief5215

Default Power house generator Mounting

I have the early 28a engine number of late February. I am installing a power house generator on it. I am trying to figure out which bracket I need. I believe from what I have read there was a long bracket and a short one available. Also for the bolts to mount it I have no clue on them. I have the judging standards book but I just am not sure.Maybe I over looked it. Also are these items available. Thanks Billy
firechief5215 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2014, 06:42 PM   #2
wrndln

Default Re: Power house generator Mounting

Billy,
There are different types of powerhouse generators. Some have a mounting bracket on them and some don't. The early styles had a bracket attached to the generator. Also there are two versions of the powerhouse generator that had the bracket mounted. The early one had the cutout mounted on the side and the other type had it mounted on the top like most generators. Anyway, I have the type that has the cutout mounted on the top. The picture below shows the mounting hardware used to attach it. I didn't include the bolt and lock washer that fastens the hole end of the arm to the generator. The bolt that fastens the arm to the generator bracket is a regular fine threaded bolt. The special stud replaces one of the bolts on the front of the timing cover. Hope this helps.
Rusty Nelson

wrndln is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2014, 07:11 PM   #3
springerpete

Default Re: Power house generator Mounting

My Power House has two mounting ears as part of the housing and uses the # 10151 pivot bolt to secure it. I also use the #10152 tension brace and bolt to keep the generator from slumping and loosening the belt. All numbers are from TAMS catalog.
springerpete is offline   Reply With Quote