Go Back   The Ford Barn > General Discussion > Model A (1928-31)

Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)

Old 06-07-2012, 02:48 AM   #21
dumb person

Default Re: I really feel like an ass!

Good troll example link http://help.com/post/421893-i-got-naked-at-walmart

Bad troll example would be the guy that leaves strings of swear words as replies to every post or forever trying to start fights
dumb person is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2012, 03:20 AM   #22
CHuDWah

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Wastler View Post
I just recieved an email from him, stating he has since gotten himself banned from Fordbarn, and is planning to move the shenanagins over to Ahooga.

He'll have LOTS of fun with Larry & Co - probably won't get banned either
CHuDWah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2012, 05:43 AM   #23
Hoop

Fordbarn and other old car forums are fertile ground for college students. Those wishing to do a class project on social networking could not find groups of people on the internet more unwary than ... frankly, Model A folks. "Salt of the earth" guys ... pure as driven snow ... eager to help someone.

Make it a female. Ever notice notice how "helpful" us older guys get when a female shows up?

Make that "someone" a 13 year old and document the reactions.

Several social changes in America would be worth exploring. The first would be that a 13 year old with a computer can be given the credibility of an adult. Note that he's never accomplished anything, according to the image presented, other than sitting on his computer eating Fritoes and drinking soft drinks. This is not surprising since in many households five year olds dictate what's for dinner, what's on TV, and where the family goes on vacation.

Perhaps more difficult, but more rewarding to document would be how "real" a message board can become, and how a special society can develop with bonding between certain members and with a bond to the board itself. The reactions to "Garrett's" proposals over on the Model T board would have guaranteed him more than just a passing grade.

Amazing how threatening a kid with a computer can be and how he (or, someone) with a computer can bamboozle the boys.

Last edited by Hoop; 06-07-2012 at 06:23 AM.
Hoop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2012, 08:12 AM   #24
MrTube

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoop View Post

fordbarn and other old car forums are fertile ground for college students. Those wishing to do a class project on social networking could not find groups of people on the internet more unwary than ... Frankly, model a folks. "salt of the earth" guys ... Pure as driven snow ... Eager to help someone.

Make it a female. Ever notice notice how "helpful" us older guys get when a female shows up?

Make that "someone" a 13 year old and document the reactions.

Several social changes in america would be worth exploring. The first would be that a 13 year old with a computer can be given the credibility of an adult. Note that he's never accomplished anything, according to the image presented, other than sitting on his computer eating fritoes and drinking soft drinks. this is not surprising since in many households five year olds dictate what's for dinner, what's on tv, and where the family goes on vacation.

perhaps more difficult, but more rewarding to document would be how "real" a message board can become, and how a special society can develop with bonding between certain members and with a bond to the board itself. The reactions to "garrett's" proposals over on the model t board would have guaranteed him more than just a passing grade.

Amazing how threatening a kid with a computer can be and how he (or, someone) with a computer can bamboozle the boys.

yup!
MrTube is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2012, 08:57 AM   #25
dlshady

Quote:
Originally Posted by fordgarage View Post
So what exactly is the wrong way (or right way) to take 'this'?
What conspiracy theories are you referring to? I don't understand what you mean, but according to the research I did, he is definitely a troll, regardless of his age, and dlshady is a friend of his according to his public profile.
I never said anything about whether or not the kid is a troll vince. It has nothing to do with that. It has everything to do with the fact that he's 100% positively a 12 or 13 year old boy. If you were to take the time to go back and read some of the ridiculous posts, both here and on the MTFCA regarding "if he really is a kid" or "I think he's really a middle age scammer trying to drum up internet business" then you might begin to understand my point. He is a kid, it has been verified, and anyone who continues to make comments to the contrary do nothing but to make themselves look foolish.

The fact that I befriended the kid is irrelevant here. I have a son his age so I can understand his enthusiasm for antique cars and I also think that adults should try to encourage young people rather than just being obnoxious old farts to them. I happened to notice that Brent Terry is also one of the kid's friends, so does that make him a bad guy too? Didn't think so...

Quote:
Originally Posted by fordgarage View Post
So how should I take "it"? You have not seen the emails and PMs I got from this ass at the time telling me how I too was using all the wrong software programs to build my own web site. (in actual fact, it is all scratch-built, no commercial programs used other than jQuery for the accordion)
Nor do I want to, nor do I care. It has absolutely nothing to do with my original post regarding the kid's age.

Deron
dlshady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2012, 09:55 AM   #26
Huckster Dave

Seems that the kid is for real and his main agenda is to stir the pot. He is banned (maybe) but he is still accomplishing his goal of stirring the pot. Let it go gents so we can argue something a little more worth while, something say like putting a bow tie engine in my A.
Huckster Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2012, 01:06 PM   #27
Flathead

I think Hoop makes a lot of good points that we should all keep in mind.
Flathead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2012, 06:26 PM   #28
zzlegend

Hum.........................
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 1911kg_59295_normalsize.jpg (68.6 KB, 74 views)
zzlegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2012, 08:01 PM   #29
JeffM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huckster Dave View Post
Let it go gents so we can argue something a little more worth while, something say like putting a bow tie engine in my A.
Oh the horror!
You are right Dave, lets leave the kid to do some growing up.

And now, back to our regular program......
JeffM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2012, 11:27 PM   #30
Huckster Dave

Well the boy has now invaded Ahooga. Same line he used here.
Huckster Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2012, 12:55 AM   #31
dumb person

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huckster Dave View Post
so we can argue something a little more worth while, something say like putting a bow tie engine in my A.
Been done. Try a Harley Davidson one with a model a flywheel on it. Not the best idea ever but it would be unique

"I'm Convinced that no one really reads posts anymore; they just fabricate what they think the post says then ramble on about red herrings."--Bob
Outcasts rules of old cars
#1 Fun is imperative, mainstream is overrated
#2 If they think it is impossible, prove them wrong
#3 If the science says it impossible you are not being creative enough.
#4 No shame in recreating something you never had
#5 If it were not for the law & physics you would be unstoppable
dumb person is offline   Reply With Quote