Go Back   The Ford Barn > General Discussion > Early V8 (1932-53)

Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)

Old 09-27-2011, 03:42 PM   #1
Jeff/Illinois

Default Flathead parts available from Ford

-=-

Last edited by Jeff/Illinois; 12-15-2012 at 07:52 PM.
Jeff/Illinois is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2011, 04:24 PM   #2
Gary in La.

Default Re: Flathead parts available from Ford

Many people call the "3 hole" green bible a reprint which it was,but it was reprinted by Ford. I used to find these new in many old dealership parts rooms in the '70's and '80's when I was searching out NOS obsolete parts. Some of these dealers had 5 & 6 sitting on the shelf never opened.
Gary in La. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2011, 05:20 PM   #3
Henry Floored

My father carried a Ford Authorized Remanufactured Flathead V8 throughout the 1970's as a replacement engine for trucks cars and industrial applications that were still in use in those days.
Henry Floored is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2011, 06:33 PM   #4
Barry-ct

When I was a Ford parts manager into the mid 90's, you could get many parts still. For my 50 F-1, I got pedal pads, jack crank handle, license plate bracket, LD 3 speed tranny parts, steering box seals and bushings, vac line fittings, spark plugs, all sorts of nuts and bolts, misc hardware items. more that I can't remember. Many of these items were still being used on later model stuff. The pedal pads and jack crank were used on the C model cab overs right up into the 70's when the trucks were phased out of production. Yes, the good old days at Ford!

50 F-1
Barry-ct is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2011, 06:55 PM   #5
Frank Miller

As early as 1976 I could not buy the Gt light bars for my 66 Mustang. At 10 years old the car was becoming collectible.
Old 09-27-2011, 09:40 PM   #6
FL&WVMIKE

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff/Illinois View Post
Walts37 is selling a 'Green Bible' on the swap meet side. It got me to thinking about my days as a Ford Parts Manager at the local dealership back in the mid-70's. You could order the Green Bible on the regular weekly Ford parts order still. That's how I got mine. One farmer came in one day and we were able to order him a gasket kit and a set of intake and exhaust valves for his '49 Ford pickup that he was overhauling. I had the '29 Tudor then and was able to get front wheel bearings, races, rear wheel seals, spark plugs, and a Zenith carb rebuild kit!

Ah, the good old days. Neat that 40 plus years later Ford still supplied at least high wear parts for Model A's and Flatheads! Wonder if they still have some of these parts today? If you were armed with Walt's book you could take part numbers in and at least have them cross-referenced.

I won't go into the Shelby parts, Boss engine parts, and the like,,,you could still get all of the parts for them I did for my brother-in-law!!
Jeff/Illinois .........................
Back in the 70s, a buddy of mine and I were buying and selling Ford parts. One of the items we sold, was the Green Book. We bought them from Ford for $8.00 and sold them for $25.00. I still have a couple.
MIKE
FL&WVMIKE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2011, 09:41 PM   #7
Wily Kyote

Quote:
Originally Posted by FL&WVMIKE View Post
Jeff/Illinois .........................
Back in the 70s, a buddy of mine and I were buying and selling Ford parts. One of the items we sold, was the Green Book. We bought them from Ford for $8.00 and sold them for $25.00. I still have a couple.
MIKE
Yes. And then (mid '70s) Ford found out about it and got so pissed off they quit stocking Gt light bars for the 66 Mustang. Thanks a lot, Mike.
Wily Kyote is offline   Reply With Quote