Go Back   The Ford Barn > General Discussion > Model A (1928-31)

Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)

Old 02-16-2013, 02:12 AM   #41
dumb person

Default Re: Pre-Planned Obsolescence

Quote:
Originally Posted by studearch View Post
I think there's a market for vehicles that last and are easily, cheaply repaired by the owners with simple tools. It worked once and it's time has come again.
There is a market, and some guy who likes to invest his money in businesses bought some cheap japanese car from the early 90s because it is that simple & very cheap to run. But he has not enough money to start up a company to produce simple cars & neither do i. i would like to try but did you ever see the movie about the car made by tucker? If a simple but extremely functional car has only 0.5-1% of the market no big company would bother to make it, but hopefully would not see it as eating into their sales either so it might just be a success.

"I'm Convinced that no one really reads posts anymore; they just fabricate what they think the post says then ramble on about red herrings."--Bob
Outcasts rules of old cars
#1 Fun is imperative, mainstream is overrated
#2 If they think it is impossible, prove them wrong
#3 If the science says it impossible you are not being creative enough.
#4 No shame in recreating something you never had
#5 If it were not for the law & physics you would be unstoppable
dumb person is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2013, 10:25 PM   #42
aceW

New models of car will always come out every year, new media players, TVs and so forth will always be churning out. The only way to really beat planned obsolescence is to buy things as cheaply as possible. That way, at least you aren’t getting ripped off as much.
aceW is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)
Old 11-29-2013, 10:38 PM   #43
BILL WILLIAMSON

Quote:
Originally Posted by aceW View Post
New models of car will always come out every year, new media players, TVs and so forth will always be churning out. The only way to really beat planned obsolescence is to buy things as cheaply as possible. That way, at least you aren’t getting ripped off as much.
I ALWAYS buy last year's leftover new cars! Shucks, they smell NEW to me! I always con them into putting a new battery in it, when I see ARC marks on the battery terminals from "jumping" or charging!! Bill W.
Old 11-30-2013, 01:07 AM   #44
emsmith

Here's a familiar scenario: the washer or television breaks down, so an individual calls the producer for a spare part. However, they are informed the part isn't really made anymore, so they'll have to just purchase a new one. That's called planned obsolescence and it is included in just about any product one can name.
emsmith is offline   Reply With Quote