Go Back   The Ford Barn > General Discussion > Late V8 (1954+)

Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)

Old 12-26-2012, 11:39 AM   #1
carguy01

Default mounts

Good morning can anyone help me. I am putting an 86 5.0 motor in my 55 fairlane and it has a fat man clip on the front of it. What transmission mount should I use and will the transmission bolt up to the stock crossmember. and then can i use this as a starting mock up point?
the transmission I'm using is the a.o.d. from the 86 motor. I'm sure there are a bunch of you that have done this swap. Thanks Ralph
carguy01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2012, 01:18 PM   #2
JeffB2

Default Re: mounts

A bunch of us here http://www.jalopyjournal.com/forum/g...hp?groupid=332 have done the swap in the factory frame and it takes minimal mods and stock parts to do it.I have a 5.0 and AOD in my '54 the stock transmission crossmember was used the mount is an Energy Suspension part# 4.1122R,I do not know of anyone that went the expense of using a Fatman clip since the Ford already has IFS with upgrades EZ to find, you should probably contact Fatman for front mount info,since you did swap clips you could install the motor and trans as a unit bolt the transmission mount loosely in place and lower the engine down into position and then mark the place where those mounts should be and tack them in place,this has been done with 52-53 Ford cars.This may help from their catalog:http://www.fatmanfab.com/hpn.php

Last edited by JeffB2; 12-26-2012 at 01:31 PM.
JeffB2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2012, 02:32 PM   #3
carguy01

Thanks Jeff, the reason i went to a fatman was because my 55 had a rotted crossmember. and I picked up a fatman clip complete with rack and disc brakes for under a grand, Thanks for the info and the mount no.
Old 12-26-2012, 03:08 PM   #4
carguy01

Jeff maybe you can help me the mount #4.1122r is a motor mount not a transmission mount, by some chance do you have the #for the trans mount, Thanks Ralph
Old 12-27-2012, 01:37 AM   #5
JeffB2

Quote:
Originally Posted by carguy01 View Post
Jeff maybe you can help me the mount #4.1122r is a motor mount not a transmission mount, by some chance do you have the #for the trans mount, Thanks Ralph
OOPS! read the wrong number in my notes this is it: http://www.amazon.com/Energy-Suspens.../dp/B000CN5B9A
JeffB2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2012, 07:11 AM   #6
carguy01

thanks again, Ralph